1 Defence Lab Rd, Ratanada Area, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342001, India
Booking.com

More about Devi Bhawan

Great value, very comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member El_Sueno

Devi Bhawan is a wonderful choice for your stay in Jodhpur. The garden and pool are a lovely oasis in this dusty city and the comfortable rooms are great value.

Front office manager Rakesh is a real star - he can arrange anything you need and is also a font of information - and the rest of the staff is also helpful and thoughtful.

Our room (#14) was very spacious and comfortable - don't expect 4*-type facilities or bathrooms, this is a guesthouse-type hotel and a very good one at that.

All in all we'd thoroughly recommend the Devi Bhawan, but don't take our word for it, see for yourself !!!

My Home in Jodhpur!

by TripAdvisor Member Jaimatadi

I was a long term resident of Devi Bhawan between Feb. to May 2006 and recently returned for a few weeks while doing research in Jodhpur. Everyone from the owners, to the kitchen staff were hospitable, friendly and did their best to make my stay comfortable. The manager, Rakesh is a wealth of information and what he doesnt know, he will make lengthy enquiries to get the answers. The rooms are spotless and the food was delicious! I highly recommend Devi Bhavan above any other hotel in Jodhpur.

Excellent value for money!

by TripAdvisor Member IndiaAdventureApr07

I stayed at the Devi Bhawan in Jodhpur for 2 nights at the end of April 2007 and I was really happy with the standard of accommodation and the service provided by the hotel. Staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the price was excellent, I was expecting a lot less and was very pleasantly surprised. I would reccomend this hotel to anybody who is looking for cheap and clean accommodation in Jodhpur.

Our home away from home!

by TripAdvisor Member Aarmel

We recently spent five days at Devi Bhawan and are looking forward to staying there again the next time that we are in the area.

The advantage of Devi Bhawan is that it is very quiet and peaceful; this is rather difficult to find so close to where the action is in Jodhpur. The hotel is about ten minutes from the center of town and there are not many places of interest within a short walking distance of the hotel. It is however not difficult to procure an auto rickshaw near the hotel so it is still quite simple to get around.

The rooms surround the main garden which contains beautiful trees, plants, flowers and birds making for a relaxing and pleasant experience. The grounds are very secure and one feels safe while staying here. Under the canopy of the trees, the temperature is somewhat cooler which is a definite plus, especially during the summer months.

The rooms are spacious (we stayed in the smallest available room) and clean. The furnishings were beautiful and in good condition. The beds were comfortable and the AC did a great job of keeping our room cool despite the intense heat outside.

One definite plus of Devi Bhawan is their swimming pool. It was a welcome relief morning, noon and night. The pool is about 4 feet/ 1.25 meters deep in the shallow end and about 5 feet/ 1.5 meters deep in the deep end. It was kept up very nicely and the water was very clear.

The only thing which a guest may find lacking is the food menu contents and timing. There is not a large selection available as in some other hotels. There are also only certain times which meals are served; however snacks are available to tide one over. The food however, comes in good sized portions and it is very tasty; breakfast was particularly enjoyable.

There are phones in each room and internet is available in the main building to keep in contact with others.

The staff were attentive and the manager was very helpful and friendly. The prices for accommodation, food and internet were all quite reasonable. Our stay was very pleasant and we were pleased with what we received for the money we spent. We would highly recommend Devi Bhawan to anyone planning to stay in Jodhpur.

No Response from direct booking

by TripAdvisor Member Helen711

I tried to book this hotel based on the fact it was rated #1 by Trip Advisor readers. I went through seven modes (Expedia, Orbitz, AsiaRooms, etc.) trying to get a booking and none of them carried Devi Bhawan. I finally went to their website and made a booking directly with them. When I called four days later because I hadn't heard from them, they told me there were no rooms available! I would have appreciated a timely email response giving me this information.

Excellent service, pretty gardens, great value

by TripAdvisor Member DGLondon

First time I've written a hotel review - but wanted to share what an excellent place Devi Bhawan is.
Lovely gardens for relaxing in and spacious rooms simply but nicely decorated. Also what stood out for us was the excellent service from everyone at the hotel - friendly and genuinely helpful - by far the easiest place we stayed in during a fortnight in India - and with much better service than some of the more expensive hotels we stayed in during our trip
The rooms are also superb value for money, and with a really tasty vegetarian supper for just 150 rupees!
Very easy to get into the centre of Jodhpur with rickshaws outside to go into the centre of the town - and the manager also arranged with no fuss a car to take us over to see the Jain temples.
Also strongly recommend Jodhpur to visit - some of the guide books suggest there's little to see - but the fort in particular is superb, beautifully restored and wtih an excellent information to help tourists make sense of what they're seeing

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Textile_arts

I have just come back from a great trip to Agra and Rajasthan, and stayed at the Hotel Devi Bhawan for 5 nights whilst in Jodhpur.
It is a lovely hotel, with a fabulous central garden, full of bougainvillia, and lush palms. They also have a well maintained swimming pool with surrounding garden; really great at the end of a hot day sightseeing
It's an oasis of quiet in a very busy city, the staff are very kind and when there was a problem with the hot water, the owner had it fixed in no time.
It is a budget price hotel, but was way better than many other much more expensive places we stayed. A real bargain.
We had a driver with us all the time we were in Rajasthan, Mohammed Rafiq (Google heritagejourney, and you will find him),
who was fantastic. A very safe driver, courteous and punctual, he looked after us and helped in many ways, with everything from finding good restaurants to reliable doctors, when I had a bad cold.
Altogether a good experience. I'm saving up to go back as soon as possible !!

5 star ambience

by TripAdvisor Member travgran

Devi Bhawan offers 5 star ambience at a 2 star price!
I stayed there for three nights in March and wholeheartedly recommend it to every traveller looking for a really pleasant experience. The Omni or the Taj it is not, what it is is small and personal.
The rooms are large, and some might call the somewhat spartan in their furnishing, but they are perfectly adequate and comfortable. I made good use of the large window seat looking out onto the beautiful gardens - look at the candid photos which other visitors have posted to this site.
The staff are unfailingly friendly and very helpful. The restaurant serves up good, tasty, inexpensive food.
I paid 850 rupees/night including breakfast as a single.
The location is out of the city center, very quiet and relaxing after several weeks of travelling in India's chaos. This is an IDEAL place to lay up for a couple of days R&R (rest and relaxation/recuperation). There was usually an auto rickshaw parked just outside the gate, which for a a nominal sum would quickly take you wherever you needed to go in the city or up to the spectacular fort.
The manager helped secure a car and driver for the following three days of travel through the Shekawati Region and to Agra. A very satisfactory service.

The highly recommended Garden Restaurant is not far away, but not within walking distance, and was a very nice dinner choice with live music and outdoor dining.

Both A Paradise Garden And A Family Atmosphere...

by TripAdvisor Member nono45

I discovered this wonderfull place with a friend in my last travel in Rajasthan and I feel always the same pleasure to come back today. You cwould discover a wonderfull paradise garden with various trees, flowers, and colours and apprecite the family atmosphere of this guest house. All the service people would be happy to recieve you and to help you to have a perfect stay in this beautifull part of the world. I ve taken all the pictures of the room, the garden and the blue swimming pool with stone pillars which give an antics look at this place, to enjoy my friends to visit the Devi Bawhan.
Welcome !...

A True Oasis

by TripAdvisor Member gypsyesprit

Well, unless you have great tolerance for perpetual chaos, noise, harresment and such while you're on a holiday, you will appreciate that the DB is away from the main road and town centre. The rooms are situated as part of seperate villas around a very nice and lush garden with a vibrant bird life, including a resident peacock. We downgraded to a standard double and even then we were surprised by how spacious it was, which we appreciated. There is even a pool within the hotel's lush grounds. It was quite popular among the other residents, but we avoided using it as we were not sure as to how often it got cleaned. After a whole day of sight seeing returning to the DB at the end of the day was heaven sent. The room we had was clean, reasonably well equipped and comfotable but it did need some degree of sprucing up, a number of minor repairs and possibly a fresh coat of piant. Unless you are prepared to pay alot for a 5 star place or are able to rough it out Indian style, this is a place we would strongly recommend to anyone. It would be advisable to engage the services of a driver and car to do your sightseeing. The one recommended by the manager at DB was for a little more than what we were prepared to pay. Perhaps he took us for another couple of dumb tourists from the west. With the help of a driver contact we had in Delhi (Mr. Khem Singh) we got in touch with a friend of his, one Narpat Singh, who sent us a driver and car for about a third less than what we were quoted for at the DB. We were happy with the driver, one Pappu, who was not very conversant in English but did admirably well in taking us everywhere we wanted to go in and around Jodhpur.

Comments