Haveli Guest House

Makrana Mohalla, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342003, India

Good For No Data
  • satchmo1963's Profile Photo

A taste of `haveli' living

A classic experience of traditional living in this 250 year old haveli, that has been maintained and modified to take in guests, without compromising one bit on the character of the structure. Add all modern amenities, viz. split AC, running hot and cold water, a group of friendly, talktative and helpful retinue of staff, and you get a complete experience at great affordability.

Unique Quality: The two-decked rooftop restaurant is open to all. It provides a stunning view of the entire span of Mehrangarh Fort, located just 2 km away. The atmosphere in the evenings acquire a further dimension, as local singers and dancers keep you entertained with a fabulous brand of rustic folk music of the desert.

Being a vegetarian joint, it is advisable to stick to the local cuisine, although one may get tempted by the pasta, chinese peparations etc on the fare.

Directions: Haveli Guest House is located about 500 metres off clocktower through a zig-zag of alleys. After crossing clocktower, take a left, then the first right, followed by a right at the next intersection. You reach Haveli after 5 buildings from the intersection

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

View of fort/from fort

This is the view of the fort from the Haveli Guest House where I was staying whilst in Jodhpur. The other photo is of the guest house from the fort itself.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Excellent option near the fort

This was my first option upon arriving in Jodhpur from Pushkar and it was one of my best budget places during my stay in India. It's located near the fort so you get great views from the rooftop and also you can walk upto the fort within about 15 minutes from the hotel. The staff here are very helpful and gave me a useful map of the city when I checked in. One guy first showed me a very large room complete with balcony seat and a wonderful looking bed which was Rs1200 (see pictures on their website) but I took a standard room for Rs500 which had one of the best looking and cleanest bathrooms on my trip. Great hotwater shower between 7-10am and again between 7-10pm. My room came with a 2 single beds pushed together, a/c, ceiling fan, 2 chairs, small table. Also had toilet roll provided which is a bonus. The guest house have internet access for Rs30/hr, a great rooftop restaurant served by 2 nice guys in turbans and a large terrace area with sofa's and floor seats complete with small fountain. You get great 360 degree views over the city from up here. I stayed over New Year and they let off some fireworks from here which was a bonus! Everywhere is very clean and tidy and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Unique Quality: Superb rooftop restaurant and terrace

• Haveli Guest House

their correct website address is www.haveliguesthouse.com
    Any way thanks for pointing me to this place.
    We stayed there in March 07. Bearing in mind that Jodhpur is characterized by generally lower prices than say Jaipur or somewhere else kind of touristy, this was probably the best view one could think of - very good value. Absolutely lovely interior, very colourful and funky. Hot water was OK but on the night when we stayed the aircon had broken down and we only had the fan to make noise with...
    A plus of this place is the rooftop restaurant. We had breakfast there, which I ended up doggybagging due to the portion size (Indian breakkiee yummmie) as well as the reception area where you find internet terminals and some books. The people were friendly and very helpful, such as warning us not to go to Falna (we did anyway, just to find out why they felt they had to warn us...)

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

#1 budget choice

This guesthouse has not only a great location in the heart of the blue city, but also modern and tidy rooms with a view on the most impressive fort in Rajasthan. Not cheap (500Rs. for a double), but worth it.

Unique Quality: Good food and sensational views from their roof top restaurant.

03/2001

Directions: Within the old blue city of Jodhpur

• Vija_v's Profile Photo

Hotel with 7 balconies

Very nice and clean rooms, some of them have comfortable antique beds.
    Hotel has the highest roof top restaurant in the old city from where you can see amazing views of the fort and Blue City.

Unique Quality: We had very nice time in the hotel and mostly becouse of the man called Chanwar Singh. He has the best sence of humor in whole India!
    If you stay in this hotel, give him our best regards! :)

• Canadienne's Profile Photo

Service with a Smile

I don't typically rhapsodize about hotels (or restaurants). It's not to say I can't appreciate them, but they are typically just a place to lay my head, not the focus of my travels.

I could go on and on about the Haveli Guesthouse though. . .fantastic views of the Jodhpur Fort (which nearly brought me to tears the first morning I was there), good food, great staff, and an awesome manager who is full of advice and who runs great trips out into the surrounding countryside. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Directions: Opposite the Toorji ka Jhalra (Step-Well), Makarana Mohalla

More about Haveli Guest House

350-year-old golden sandstone sensation

by Hmmmm about Haveli Guesthouse - Jodphur

Anytime you step off a bus into a new town in India, it's always intimidating - it is boiling hot and you and your backpack are forced to fight off all the touts offering accommodation. So it is always a relief to get a price negotiated on a rickshaw and get to your guest house, especially when the staff is as great as it was in the 250-year-old Haveli Guest House, where I stayed in Jodhpur. The interior was mostly marble, including my private bathroom.

Haveli Guest House is so good you should beware of commission-hungry rickshaw wallahs who may take you to one of three imitations. Ours is a five-storey, 350-year-old golden sandstone building... Rs200-Rs800.

meals: Breakfast Rs95. Lunch Rs125. Dinner Rs150.

Anyone interested in going to Nagaur

by suziezed

I'd like to go to Nagaur but am somewhat daunted by Lonely Planet's indication of 3 hours (each way) on the local bus. I did this from Udaipur to Ranakpur and it was okay but it really would be preferable to do it in a car and not always be worrying about getting back etc. The problem is that as I am by myself this is bound to be expensive so I am wondering if anyone (or up to 3 or 4 people) would like to join me. I am in Jodhpur until Sunday morning (Nov. 26th) so either email or stop by the Haveli Guest House (near the step well) - room 5.

Susan Z. Martin