Nayabas, Killi Khana, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, 342001, India

Travelocity Booking.com HotelTravel.com

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Hotel Krishna Prakash/K.P Haveli

Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli is a traditional haveli with its imposing but delicately carved exterior and simple yet comfortable interiors, is a genuine heritage edifice in a sylvan setting, stands as an oasis of hospitality, pageantry and Marwari charm. All efforts have been made to preserve the historical identity and integrity of the haveli despite its modernizing environs. Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli Combines old Charm with best of modern amenities.

Unique Quality: Swimming Pool, Pleasant courtyards Terraces offer splendid view of the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort, the royal Family's Cenotaphs at Jaswant Thada , Gulab Sagar, Clock Tower & Old City and Umaid Bhawan Palace.

Directions: KP Heritage Haveli is located in old city.

• Great location, clean & charming hotel

We stayed at Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli for three nights. Our room was spacious, very clean and had lots of colonial character. There is an attractive rooftop restaurant area with an amazing city & fort view, where we had breakfast and evening meals. The standard of food was excellent, with friendly service. The owner even came and spoke to us one evening to check that we were enjoying our stay.

On our departure date, we had to catch a late train. We were given access to a room to freshen up & use the hotel facilities well after the check-out time. We would definitely recommend Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli to anyone visiting Jodhpur

Unique Quality: very pleasant staff, nice pool and amazing views

• breathtaking view of the magnificent fort

This Historic Haveli is tucked away in a narrow street and is just a 15 minute walk up to the amazing fort. The management and staff are professional and friendly. We had a comfortable room and bathroom with air-conditioning.

The food was also very good as was the evening entertainment and dancers.

Overall, we could not have had a better location or view for the reasonable price paid.

The staff seems happy and well-treated and the owner contributes a substantial amount of the profits to help street-children in the neighbourhood.

Unique Quality: The roof terrace restaurant commands a breathtaking view of the magnificent fort which is even nicer at dinner time when the walls are illuminated.

• Jodhpur's best heritage hotel

I lead a fairly nomadic life & stay in hotels & guest houses in several countries. I suppose I am used to sleeping in different beds every few nights, wake up in different surroundings & I suppose a guest house/hotel is pretty much just a means to get my head down & go to sleep. I hopefully also get a decent breakfast in the morning. I am not really worried what the establishment is like as long as it's clean, comfortable & the management & staff are at least friendly & helpful. But there was something about KP Heritage, Jodhpur which set it apart from other places I have stayed in.
    I discovered it quite by accident the day I arrived in Jodhpur. It's how I discover most places on the present trip to India as I am touring the country without a guidebook. I have used guidebooks before & I rather enjoy trying to prove them wrong. As soon as the auto brought me into the front courtyard to KP Heritage, I knew I had fallen in love with the place & I would be really happy there. It has a lovely old world Rajasthani style & one feels like one is already in the Mehrangarh Fort, as it rises, imposing the above one as one goes through the hotel. The choice of rooms is wonderful. They are all spacious, airy & comfortable, & the garden which is right in the middle of the ground floor, where my room is situated is a wonderful place to relax, enjoy some tea, coffee, fruit juice & in the evening have something stronger.
    The rooftop restaurant has a great choice of meals & one has from it an excellent view, not only of the fort, but of the Jaswant Thada & a fair bit of the old city. All that is missing is a choice of desserts, ice-cream etc. But I suppose one can get those from a corner shop virtually around the corner. I had a great stay here & the atmosphere is really friendly as it is also familial. I wish the guest house & its management staff the very best as it is also a fairly new business venture & will highly recommend it further. I hope this recommendation will help the future visitors for Jodhpur.

More about Krishna Prakash Heritage Haveli

At the Foot of the Fort

by TripAdvisor Member shani33

This hotel is to be found hidden in a tangle of narrow streets in the old city of Jodhpur. Rooms are organised around central courtyards with different dining areas including a rooftop restaurant. Our room, at the top of the haveli, was simply furnished, clean and comfortable. From our window we had a view of Meherangarh fort. The food in the restaurant was good and the breakfast was more than adequate. At 2000 rupees per night for the room we considered this to be good value. The management were helpful too and booked our next hotel for us in Jaipur.

Great view, great room and most importantly, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member kerouac5

With our train almost 3 hours late, my girlfriend and I arrived in Jodhpur around 2:00am in the morning. Upon arriving at the haveli we originally booked, we found the place closed for the night. Luckily we stumbled upon the Krishna Prakash Haveli, who welcomed us in despite the late hour.

All around, this was our favorite stay during our travels in India. The Krishna Prakash offers clean, comfortable rooms with plenty of character, unbelievable views from the roof deck patio, excellent food and most importantly, gracious staff. The director, Ashish, was hospitable, helpful and lots of fun to talk to. I recommend the Krishna Prakash to anyone visiting Jodhpur.

Note: the Lonely Planet has the Krishna Prakash incorrectly located on its map. It actually is located near the base of the Meherangarh fort (LP has it much further away).

A great option to stay in Jodhpur

by TripAdvisor Member cowboyDallas

I stayed here with my family in September 2007. It was a great experience for all of us. Yes - this is a wonderful place to experience the Rajasthan in its true colors. This authentic heritage haveli is located in the heart of Jodhpur and you enjoy reaching the Haveli thru streets of Jodhpur.

My room was with a good view of Mehrangarh fort. Rooms are comfortable and elegant. and hmm - we loved the food at the restaurant, especially the Thali - Its a great authentic Rajasthani food.

What else we want - their staff is professional and courteous in dealings, Service was excellent, Food was great, and the Haveli is right in the heart of this town.

This place is certainly a value of money. Definitely gives you a real taste of Rajasthan. I recommend this place to all who are looking for a heritage haveli experience in decent price range.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Chrisnz1

We enjoyed this place the most on our trip through India.
Staff here are very friendly, and couldnt do enough for you.
The rooftop is a great place to have dinner with views up at the fort. Food is very good. Fantastic location close to the markets etc.
Though there was no hot water, this did not bother us too much.
The dairy accross the road is also very good, very friendly. Would certianly reccomend this place to everyone.

Home Like Feeling....................Excellent

by TripAdvisor Member Girish_Goswami

Beautiful rooms in a marvelous hotel with maginificient view from the roof. A very pleasant place to rest and find none trying to hassle you. Indeed management care about you and try to give a "home-like feeling" and they succeed. I would definately recommend this to anybody travelling to Jodhpur.

Really liked this place

by TripAdvisor Member LizzyL74

We recently stayed here whilst travelling round rajasthan. Its a lovely, traditional haveli, run by very nice and helpful staff. It is fair to stay that it is not one of your 'top end' guest houses and is a little shabby but that adds to its charm and it was very clean and comfortable. The roof terrace serves fab food and the waiters,
'Monty' in particular were great despite being really busy.

My only advice would be if you are going to be here near a festival time would be to pack you earplugs as we were there at diwali and didn't get much sleep as there were firecrackers going off all night.

Comments