Goodwood Estate Lower Bharari, SHIMLA, 171001, IN
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Radisson Hotel Shimla

Excellent!!!

by TripAdvisor Member hpkindia

Stay in Radisson , Shimla added to my wonderful trip.
The room was nice and comfy.the premises well kept.
The hotel staff was friendly ,the service prompt.
The bar/restaurant were good so was the food and the dining experience in the open ,with lights twinkling behind me in the mountains,awesome!!
There's a kids room with a friendly attendant.
The 'too many stairs' I read about in reviews were not as big a problem as they seem,but yeah definitely not recommended for handicapped people.
Parking is no problem.
Overall experience was 'wonderful'!!

A Wonderful Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fitzfloyd

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Radisson, Shimla, and really enjoyed the experience. Our room had sensational views of the Himalayas and was very comfortable. We used the swimming pool at the bottom of the property (the hotel is on a steep site like most places in Shimla) and felt like we were swimming over to the next misty mountain! We enjoyed the buffet in the restaurant each night and were delighted with the ever changing array of wonderful food. The staff was excellent too. I can't recommend this hotel too highly.

Loved the Stay... Slightly expensive but worth it

by TripAdvisor Member Rinku999

We have just returned from a weekend at the Radisson Hotel SHIMLA. The Hotel is good and we had a great time.
We had booked 2 standard rooms for a stay of 5 people.

First of all the hotel location is excellent .The view from our room was fantastic & the major time pass in Shimla is the mall road which is just a few stairs up once you reach the main road .
So you don’t get stuck in the traffic during season time.

Second the open Bar restaurant was what I miss the most the view, the weather & the bubbly was Amazing....

The Staff is good & Greats you with a smile whenever they pass by you was nice.

The reception desk was not up to mark that I guess was the only thing I don’t like about the hotel.
And maybe another thing would be Food was very expensive....
I would suggest to book the all meals inclusive package

Overall a 4 out of 5 experience

Its a notch below the international Radisson-Standard

by TripAdvisor Member GlobalCitizenOnTour

Room & Service:
- Excellent (Western Standard - you might forget you are in India). Would not recommend for handicapped people/wheelchairs

Staff:
- friendly, but would require more training to become to true "Radisson Standard". Checkin/Checkout was a hassle and although the hotel was basically empty it took them quite a while

Location:
You need a car/taxi to get to the bus terminal/train station. During the day you can walk 'downtown' in about 10mins

Booking:
Booked online: ask for discounts as prices differ on the phone/website/via email.

good food

by TripAdvisor Member shimaria

radisson has a very approchable and good location...other hotels in shimla have parking problem but radisson has a proper place for parking if u are planning to go by car...
the staff is very hospitable...they serve very good food....

Best Hotel in Shimla for Children

by TripAdvisor Member gruvyruvy

We traveled to Shimla from Delhi. We were traveling with two young kids. One 2.5 years and the other just 9 months.
We booked a suite and was extrememly happy with the deal we got. The food (buffets) are excellent. You get a mix of Indian and western at all times. The staff is fabulous and extremely helpful. They were always asking me if I need any thing and the chef, made pureed fruit for my infant son.
Most importantly, they have a kids room which is just next to the pub and you can leave your kids their. There is a person to lookafter them and if they are cranky they bring the kids to you. Very well planned system. They had a mat and I was even comfortable to leave my infant son their with the caretaker.
The hotel is located on the other side of the mall road which is excellent. Its quieter and had a great view.
We really had an excellent stay.

Traveling to Shimla from Delhi: We took the train to Kalka, and was so happy with the service on the train. The food was surprisingly nice and the seats extremely comfortable. Then we drove (own car but I think you can organise a taxi from their) to Shimla. The drive it terrible. The road zig zags all the way to Shimla and takes about 3.5 to 4 hours to Shimla.

Lovely views, friendly people

by TripAdvisor Member Poppy098

This hotel is great. The rooms are clean and spacious, the restuarant has an extensive menu or choice of buffet if prefered in the evenings and is very reasonable and the breakfast choice is also very good. Our room had a lovely view of the Himalayas and the lounge areas also have lovely views and are spacious and comfortable.
The town/shopping area is a steep walk from the hotel and takes about 15 minutes but well worth the effort . There is a tour desk in the hotel where you can arrange sightseeing trips.
The staff are friendly, helpful and genuinely seem pleased that you are staying there.

5 star refuge

by TripAdvisor Member louiseedinburgh

There were 5 of us and the hotel we had originally booked into said they knew nothing of the booking, so we persuaded the Radisson to put us up for the night, despite the m saying originally they had no rooms. We got 2 suites, one big one enormous, and a twin room. Very expensive. Service wasn't great for a 5 star hotel, but it was fine. Breakfast particularly slow, especially since we were the only ones in the dining room. They don't seem to get it about chilling white wine either.

for a good time

by TripAdvisor Member tin14

I stayed at the Radisson at Shimla for a night, en route from Palampur to Kasauli. We were a huge group of friends and their children. The hotel lobby is actually quite magnificent and had great views. Even our rooms were spacious, big bathrooms with bathtubs- the kids were thrilled, well-stocked mini-bar and a lovely view from the big windows. The kids got busy at their kids activity room, which is very good, with loads of stuff to do. I think they played carom, chess and I think there was air-hockey too. What was really fabulous was the food at the Café Vally Vue, I think everyone enjoyed the meals there. Staff was polite but the service was slow in the rooms, as the property being very big and at various levels, to reach the rooms from the reception/lobby area or restaurant can be time- taking and quite tiring. Another drawback, we felt was there wasn’t enough greens and lawns in the property, so the kids had to confine themselves to the rooms, or activity area or the small garden area outside the café.

Comments