Hotel Gorbandh

Expedia.com Tingo.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

More about Udaipur

View from Sajjan GarhView from Sajjan Garh

City Palace (where performances are also held)City Palace (where performances are also held)

The PalaceThe Palace

PASTORAL SCENEPASTORAL SCENE

Travel Tips for Udaipur

Its The Little Things

by keeweechic

While this bazaar was no different to anywhere else I had experienced with locals, this was a memorable experience. I walked around and was used to the stares by then. I didn't see another westerner the whole time and really... it was great. I didn't feel like a tourist other than when I took my camera out.

While walking down the main street of the bazaar, a young boy carrying a very young child started to stalk me. With heartfelt difficulty, I brushed him off.. as we were told to do, but to no avail. He continued to follow me around. I suddenly remembered I was still carrying a little bag of an assortment of soaps, shampoos etc. from the hotel. This was something we came to do travelling around the country. In so many places small children were not only asking for pens but for shampoos so we decided that we would take the complimentary 'stash' in our hotel rooms and give them out to children when they asked. I still had a small bag of these little bottles etc, so I gave the bag to him and kept walking. I got quite a bit further along the road before I turned around. He was still walking behind me, but slowly this time, holding this little bag with a stunned look on his face. It was priceless. I don't think he quite knew what to do with it and it wasn't quite what he was expecting from me. It was mostly in the countryside that we had been asked for such things and I think being in the city, this was an unusual gesture. I just hope he managed to recover and take it home to his mother.

Shilpgram Festival 23 Dec to 1 Jan every year

by RAJASTHANBYCAR

The craft village museum, located north-west of the city, is a must see place for those who want to see the cultural heritage of India, its handicrafts and more.Openid by the late Rajiv Gandhi, it is an intersting place with traditional house from four states Rajasthan, Gujrat, Goa and Maharastra.Shilpgram comprises 26 huts set in 70 acres of natural surroundings at the foot of the Aravali Hills.There are demonstrations by musicians, dancers and artisans from different states.The festive season sees huge croweds. Shilpgram hosts crafts fair every year which is one of the biggest in area, people from different states in the country hold there stalls showcasing there are and crafts work.A colourful craft festival during winter seasons over 400 Craft stalls, Colorful performans, Traditional food rides to the whole set up induces viatanity and zeal.
Open 10.30 AM to 7 PM
Entrance Fee for Forners Rs 25 Indian Rs 15
Camera Rs 10 Video Rs 50

Garden Views from Inside Ranakpur

by atufft

There are second and third floor balconies where one can peer out across the lovely surrounding countryside. Ranakpur is an active temple with gardens to feed those that live there, and there are several minor temples that can also be seen in the distance. Here also are other memorable images from the exterior and artistic interior of the great Ranakpur Temple. This tip deserves a rating just for the effort of bringing them to you. Now, it's your turn to visit and photograph this highly photogenic monument:-)

City Palace Parking and Entrance

by atufft

The City Palace is so oriented toward the lake, that the entrance parking lot appears to have been forgotten as an aspect of architectural beauty. Above the towering rooms appear impressive, but the asphalt does not. The entrance is fortified, but just inside is a lovely little painted dome as part of the reception area.

Bagore-ki-Haveli Museum - Baithak (Sitting Room)

by Willettsworld

A room where the queen sat with her friends and relatives to discuss issues pertaining to politics, social life and to chit-chat. This room was called the Queens Darikhana and exhibits peculiar seating arrangements.

Comments