Udai Kothi Udaipur Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hanuman Ghat, outside Chandpole, on Pichola Lake, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India

Hotel Udai Kothi
Hotels.com HotelTravel.com Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 21% less than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Breakfast in Udai Kothi Hotel

After an early morning flight from Mumbai, the view from the rooftop terrace of Udai Kothi was the best to help us recharge our batteries for a long sightseeing day.
    The terrace was used as restaurant area in the evenings and as our breakfast area in the morning.
    Believe me it was so relaxing enjoying such a wonderful view

• hydronetta's Profile Photo

Best value

This brand new hotel looking like a wedding cake, is situated in the area of Hanuman Ghat which is a quieter one compared to the city centre (if you're not in the mood to walk you might need transportation)
    Apart from the impressive lobby the room we stayed at , was spacious and stylish (see additional photos)
    But what makes this hotel undoubtedly a fine choise is the suberb views from its rooftop terrace. You can view Lal Ghat area, City Palace and Lake Palace.
    Besides you have the option to swim in its rooftop swimming pool!!!

More about Udai Kothi Udaipur Hotel

Udaipur's Glamorous Fire Trap

by ladymasala about Udai Kothi Hotel

This was my 2nd trip to India and I chose this hotel off the internet because it had a lovely view of Lake Pichola and the Lake Palace Hotel. Udaipur has a very romantic setting. The hotel indeed was lovely and had a rooftop pool and restaurant with a view of the lake. There is a lovely garden to relax and enjoy. However, during my stay an unfortunate incident occurred. In the middle of the night I heard a bang and thought someone was trying to break in. I jumped out of bed to see that the bathroom was on fire. Apparently there was a short and the fan was in flames and perilously close to setting the door on fire. I threw my suitcases out the door and put out the fire with a sheet and got burned by embers. There were no fire alarms, the staff came up and just stood there, and nothing to put the fire out with. Had I not been a light sleeper, who knows what would have happened. No other rooms were available and I had to end up sleeping onthe roof. The owner called me the next morning after I told the manager that I wasn't going to pay and called me a "cheatee" and got very hostile when I told her I had photos. She told me to "get the hell out of her hotel in 10 minutes because check out time was 10 a.m. and it was 9:50." I was terribly upset especially after previously receiving nothing but the best hospitality in Rajasthan. This is a terrible place and they were completely unapologetic and did nothing to compensate me except give me a 30% "discount" for that night after all that trauma. great pool, great views, mid to high price range. very unprofessional ownership and questionable building construction standards since the building is apparently new.

udaipur accom.

by dantone

hi i'm travelling to udaipur in march and looking for some accom for about 4 nights.

my wife and i are travelling with my mother and so we need to have some ground floor accom.

would like to get some idea of prices also.

thanks, tony

Re: udaipur accom.

by Paul2001

Try the Hilltop Palace. It would be about $60.00 a night for three. I seem to recall that there were ground floor rooms.

Re: udaipur accom.

by indiabazaar

you can get any budget class hotel in Rs 300 (7$) a night or even 3 star hotel 1000($24) per night
I live in Udaipur i have may pages on udaipur if you like to read
If you need any kind of help in book your hotels or any help
I will be pleased to do that you dont need to pay me or any one in advance
its just friendly help
Ajay

Hotel Sarovar?

by suziezed

Hi - I am here in Udaipur at the moment. The Hotel Sarovar looked very nice and prices are in the $37 - $51 US range. See http://www.hotelsarovar.com/main.html

Udai Kothi also looked clean and tidy but the lift is broken at the moment so that could be a problem and there are also lots of steps to the main entrance - see www.udaikothi.com/

Good luck.