14, Lalghat, Udaipur, Rajasthan, 313001, India

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

• ericsas's Profile Photo

Budget accomodation in front of the lake

I chose Jaiwana Haveli based on the recommnendations I found in VT. I booked an standard single room with lake views and AC for 1250 INR per night. Pickup from the airport was 500 INR and the AC taxi for sightseeing with AC was 1450 INR. From outside, Jaiwana looks far way better than the others Havelis around, with the exception of Mewar, that it looks quite good from outside as well. I arrived at Jaiwana at 7am due to the early flight i booked, and they let me check-in in my room at no extra charge. After checking-in, I went to the restaurant in the top roof for enjoying the breakfast while viewing lake Pichola. Once i finished my breakfast, the person at the reception gave me some tips about places to visit and a map. The location of Jaiwana is perfect, as it is located in the old city in front of lake Pichola, and just 5 minutes walking distance from the city Palace. The room was clean and big enough, with AC, TV and views to the lake. I must say, that after readings the recommendations in VT, i was between Jaiwana and Mewar, but finally i booked Jaiwana cause it was a bit cheaper. As Mewar is just 5 metres away from Jaiwana, i stepped in for lunch, and i have to say that from inside, Mewar looks more renovated, and the restaurant is cheaper, but i couldnĀ“t check how the rooms did look like.

Unique Quality: Great location: in front of lake Pichola, and 5 minutes walking distance from city Palace. People friendliness. Budget acommodation but very clean.

• leena77's Profile Photo

Jaiwana Haveli..a perfect place to stay.

We stayed in Jaiwana Haveli for 2 days[A/c lake facing double room costed 1850/- per night on room only basis]. This place has a great view of Lake Pichola. From the roof-top restaurant one can enjoy the splendid view of Lake palace island and Jagmandir island. Specially in the evening, the whole scenic view takes your breath away. Jaiwana has perhaps the best view of the lake in the city. They have non-lake facing and lake facing rooms. Some rooms have A/c facility. The staff is very helping and modest. Food is delicious. Rooms are a bit small but tastefully decorated with basic facilities. The main advantage is city's famous tourist places like city palace, Jagdish mandir, bagore ki haveli, Gulab bagh etc are just 5 minutes away from this hotel. One can go on foot. I recommend this hotel for everyone.

The owner arranged comfortable a/c Indica car for us to visit Chittorgarh. It costed 1450/-.

Unique Quality: Personal touch in hospitality
    Awesome location.

• ghajela's Profile Photo

A Haveli with Looks

This was a very satisfying stay. As I was traveling with family the facilities were very important. This is a very clean property. The rooms, the stairs, the toilets all are very clean and hygienic. We got one Lake view room which was superb and others were lake facing ones. The rooms are of decent size.

The staff is quite efficient and cooperative.

Unique Quality: The lake view rooms are great with so many windows. The restaurant at the top offers some splendid view of lake and palace. The food served is very delicious.

Directions: Based at Lalghat, its quite a famous property. The auto guy would definately guide you to the place. Its quite a task to drive your vehicle at these narrow roads. I parked my car at the parking which is 2 kms away from Hotel.

More about Jaiwana Haveli

Hotels we enjoyed in Rajasthan

by lynnehamman about Some suggestions...........

I now list some of the good hotels that we stayed at in Rajasthan. Complete reviews with photos and tariffs can be seen on the pages of the individual cities.

In Jodhpur - Haveli Inn Pal

In Jaisalmer - Mandir Palace Hotel

In Sawai Madhopur (for Rantahmbore National Park) - Castle Jhoomer Baori

In Bikaner - Hotel Sagar

In Jaipur- Hotel Bissau Palace

In Bundi - Kasera Heritage View

In Udaipur - Jaiwana Haveli Hotel

Wide Choice

by lynnehamman about Take your pick!!

There are hotels (all classes) back-packer hostels, Guest-Houses and Government Rest Houses available everywhere in Rajasthan.We have never had to book anywhere in advance., especially in the most frequented areas like Udaipur,Jaisalmer, Jodhpur and Jaipur.Strolling around, you will find any manner of accomodation available. Just pop in, ask if there is a room available, check it out, and if you like what you see - stay there.
Most hotels are quite willing to keep your luggage safe while you look around the area at other possible acomodation. Many wonderful old havelis and palaces have been converted into hotels or geust houses- , and are priced to suit all budgets. The rooms are often all different, which makes for some interesting surprises. Of course, we have by now quite a few "favourite" hotels or guest- houses - and we always stay there when we re-visit anywhere in Rajasthan.
I have listed these under the appropriate pages (cities). My very favourite place to stay, though is Hotel Jaiwana Haveli in Udaipur. Its my home away from home.

Great, chilled out hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Barb09London

I stayed at the Jaiwana Haveli with 2 friends for four nights. We were given a lovely new room and the whole place was like a haven after the madness and noise of Delhi.
The management are really helpful and gave us loads of advice on where to go etc. They organised a few trips for us which made the whole experience really easy.
There is a rooftop restaurant with views over the lake and we found the food really good. We ate at some more expensive places nearby, but found the food better there - still dreaming of the chicken tikka!
I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a mid-range hotel. It's well located in a lovely part of Udaipur (you can walk everywhere) and excellent value for money. We didn't want to leave!
Enjoy...

Fantastic option in Udaipur

by TripAdvisor Member alinemex

The Jaiwana Haveli seems to have it all: value, cleanliness, great location, fantastic view, yummy food and last but not least a most welcoming and reliable staff.
Its terrace boasts a beautiful view towards the Lake Palace and City Palace. Meals there are always excellent.
There are several types of extremely tidy and tastefully decorated rooms with moderate pricing, some of them overlooking the beautiful lake. Rooms may be booked in advance and bookings are indeed effective. The hotel also offers airport/train station pick up services as well as very good priced tours towards nearby attractions (Eklingji, Ranakpur,etc.).
There is also a small Internet and telephone centre in the hotel premises.
I have stayed here twice and will happy to go back if I ever get the chance to travel to Rajasthan again. Highly recommended.

Fantastic & Honest Management

by TripAdvisor Member WanderingStar2009

During the 15 day Rajasthan tour, this was the only non-Taj Group hotel we stayed, and boy was this the best experience of them all ! The managers Yash & Harsh are young and dynamic, gave honest tips and suggestions on sightseeing and taxi fares, gave us a great room and an "extra" bedroom free for our tennage kid ! Besides the views from the terrace and restaurant are better than more expensive hotels nearby (we checked many of them for b'fast and dinner - but kept coming back to Jaiwana Haveli.

If you are looking for a mid-budget, clean, honest, safe centrally located acco in Udaipur - look no further.

If your stay is short, I suggest you book the corner rooms in the older block with views of the Lake. If you plan to stay longer, anyway you will be seeing the Lake from all sort of places till you are jaded- so go for the more comfy new rooms with limited views.

We met many korean and western clients and single women travelers here and they spoke highly of the hotel too.

Not as much as talked about

by TripAdvisor Member malimu

Well, it was the first day of our rajesthan travel to Delhi agra.not a good start.

despite reservation and hotel voucher stating so, one room for single beds 2 brothers, one of us had to move to a tiny tiny room for one night as they accused that travel agent has made mistake..despite having a hotel voucher saying what we were asking and had paid for..Next day moved to a better room. they had over booked and dumped one of us for one night in the tiny tiny room...break fasts included are very simple indeed compared to what we had during the trip of 2 weeks n me having stayed in india for 8 weeks.. this was as such the simplest b fast i had eaten,

The Jaiwana is the Zen gem of modern Udaipur havelis.

by TripAdvisor Member Loriborealis

In a world of decorated-to-the-max modern havelis, the Jaiwana is a Zen gem. I liked its simplicity and elegance and was so happy to have a beautiful, clean bathroom to shower in after a month's stay in dusty, crowded Varanasi. The bed was comfortable and simple. I had a view of the lake palaces from my room. The rooftop restaurant personnel were so welcoming and friendly, and the food was excellent. If you like bird watching, the rooftop is a great place to do it from. I felt very comfortable there and would stay there again. Note: it's common for the showers in India to provide about ten minutes of hot water, so adjust your bathing accordingly.

Clean, well-run hotel in Udaipur

by TripAdvisor Member ajwhitehead

Stayed 3 nights here, hotel is well run, staff and management very helpful. Rooftop restaurant has great view of Lake Pichola and Palace. Rooms fairly plain but clean, and good bathrooms. Upper floors more expensive and have better views.
Would stay again.

Richard at Jaiwana Haveli- on the terraceRichard at Jaiwana Haveli- on the terrace

Udaipur Hotel!!

by ateach52

Has anyone stayed at either of these in Udaipur?

Jaiwana Haveli or Jagat Niwas Palace

RE: Udaipur Hotel!!

by ronigo

We stayed at "jagat niwas"-very good hotel.
Make sure you get lake view room.
The best is the suit on the ground floor....

Comments