Udaipur Hotels

Our Members Say

• indiabazaar profile photo indiabazaar
  • Reviews: 152

Personal Guest house: Guest House

Personal Guest house.. with double bed room with Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner , City tour , Airport/Railway pick up, $40 each person a day...

Stay with Indian family , Learn more about Rajasthan, Indian culture and relegious...
Just a $40 a day include all of ur expenses fits in ur budget.
Such as Nice Double bed room with American Toilet, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, City tour, Airport/Railway pick up just in $40 each person.

• Related to: Women's Travel, Religious Travel, Seniors
  • Written July 30, 2008

• bradbeaman profile photo bradbeaman
  • Reviews: 471

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

hotel mahima palace: Fateh Sagar view

Mr Masih owner of Mahima Palace Hotel on the hotel terrace with Fatehsagar in the background. 91-9828074356

• Written May 22, 2012

View of Fateh Sagar

• bradbeaman profile photo bradbeaman
  • Reviews: 471
The Oberoi Udaivilas: 5th best hotel in the world

The Oberoi Udaivilas is rated as the best hotel in Asia and the 5th best hotel in the world. But odly enough it may not be the best hotel in Udaipur. Many give that title to the floating Palace.

Luxury hotels are a part of Udaipur as much as the lakes and palaces and you can make a lunch or dinner reservation to get in, but you can't just go in for a cup of tea.

It is part of a great photo popping out behind the floating palace as viewed from the City Palace.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written May 31, 2012

• rajiv00 profile photo rajiv00
  • Reviews: 8

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Poonam Haveli: A nice, cosy and traditional hotel

Poonam Haveli is a cute little hotel (with approx. 20 rooms) in the heart of the old city in Udaipur, walking distance from the City Palace and the Lake. Most tourist attractions are a stone's throw away.

The hotel has most amenities: Roof Top restaurant, Travel Services, Internet (for a fee), laundry (for a fee) etc.

Hot Water continues to be a problem. Since they use solar panel heaters, the availability and flow of hot water is periodical, inconsistent - but mornings, there's always hot water.

Nice location, great view of the city palace and the lake from the roof top, most rooms have a balcony.

• Related to: Singles, Arts and Culture, Budget Travel
  • Written January 20, 2010
Tip Photo

Outer facade of the hotel.

• GK17Bangalore profile photo GK17Bangalore
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Leela Kempinski Udaipur: Must be awarded as worst Hotel in World

As we Planned to Celebrate My Daughter's Birthday at Leela Kempinski,Udaipur..we were having other Options as well but still we chosen this One.As This is New Property in Udaipur & we found Reviews were quite Good for this Hotel but this Hotel must be the Worst in rating where there is no mean of Booking Confirmation,Hospitality,Tarriff & Management is so Poor that we were not prepared to get such worst Experience.

We chosen Best Suites in Hotel i.e. Presidential Suite & Other One was Royal Suite.We did Booking Online & we got Confirmation as well.Next Day we Called Hotel Centralised Reservation & spoke to Ms. Kanchan..As Our Requirement was of 2 More Suites as we were 9 in Numbers who were travelling to Udaipur for Birthday Celebration..so Kanchan confirmed me that all the Suites are available so I requested her to make the booking of Two More Suites as she said Presidential & Royal Suites are available so I said Ok..Go ahead with these two suites bookings...Finally,she sent me the Confirmation of Two Other Suites as well.But In Confirmation,I found Difference in Rate...The Booking which I did on Hotel Website there I found rate of 1,40,000 INR per Night but the Other Confirmation which I got from Hotel there Rate mentioned was 2,50,000 INR per night for same Presidential Suite & for same dates...It was almost Double.Immediately,I called Hotel Reservation & spoke to Bhawani in Reservations and asked him how there can be the rate Difference for Same Suite Category & same Date & that Guy spoke to me in such rude & non sense way & said whatever Confirmation I got that is not of Presidential Suite.Unnecessarily he started to arguing me.Then I Forwarded him the Confirmation Mails whatever I received..where it was clearly mentioned Presidential Suite & Royal Suite.

Meanwhile,I called Hotel General Manager Tamir Kobrin & highlighted this Issue..even my This Issue was not sorted out & he put me in another Trouble..he said there is only One Presidential & Royal Suite in Hotel...but still he asked me to forward all the Confirmation Mails to me & said by End of Day he will revert back to me...then he looked in to it & called me back & he said as this was system Error so in this case he can offer me other Suites & as I was not willing for lower Suite Categories and as he insisted me I said Ok..Give me some Duplex Suite...Immediately,I had word with Bhawani in Reservations & Shyamli Seth(Front Office Manager)...both of them said Their All Suites are Sold out during Those Days but they said they can offer me some Room now ..howcome?As Entire Family was travelling so how it is possible that half of Family is in Presidential Suite & half of Family in Simple Rooms even after getting Confirmation of Suites?

My Simple Concern was How can You send the Confirmation Mail if You don't have Inventory?I mean to say if You do have only One Presidential Suite & One Royal Suite then how can You send me the confirmation of two Presidential & two Royal Suites? & other Concern.. how can You charge Guest Unnecessarily even You don't have Fixed Rates?On Website You Charge 1,40,000INR & In Centralised Reservation you charge 2,50,000INR which is almost Double.So,No Fixed Rates in Hotel. Even it is not like One star Category Hotel even they will not put such rates as Leela Did...They are Totally Cheaters,Liars.I am not able to understand how can You charge like this?so much Difference in Rate..where are Hotel Policies?where are Hotel Rates?Where is Management?Where is Kempinski Group which is having Tie-up with Leela Group?Unnecessarily Leela is spoiling Kempinski Group Name..It is not Kempinski at All...It should be small category "Lala Type" Hotel.

I raised these concerns to Hotel GM & also with Sales,Marketing General Manager Mr. Banerjee & asked him very clearly?what is it?You are doing fraud with Peoples as You dont have Rate Policy..You are not encouraging Tourists to come to India & doing like this You are disappointing Tourists so how can you expect Business in near Future?Every day on TV Channels we are getting advertisement "atithi devo bhava" means Guest is equivalent to God but here you are looting peoples so how this hotel can be best in Hotel Industry?It must be worst.

Finally,After speaking to everyone till General Manager level Hotel didn't Honour their Booking & said they will not honour it..even I found Hotel General Manager very Immature..I saw his profile on LinkedIn..he is not having very rich Experience in Hospitality Industry..whenever I asked him Group Chairman Contact No...he refused to pass it & gave me only board No..I think so he didn't want to reveal his mistake till chairman level so he didn't tell me no...

As this Hotel is having Policy they don't allow more than two peoples in one room but in my case..they were ready to put entire Family in Two Suites...see Peoples...for solving their purpose they can do anything.But when any one of You will say You have Family of 3..they will charge you for extra room...so if they will ask you for extra room..pls. give them this example then they will understand & will realise.

I would like to bring this Issue in Leading Newspaper as well where I will mention this Hotel is charging unnecessarily?This booking was not done from Travel Agent where I found separate rates..both bookings I got from Leela Udaipur only with huge difference of rates.

So,Here I would like to advise everyone don't stay at this Hotel..Its better to stay at Taj Lake Palace which is centre of attraction otherwise Oberoi UdaiVilas.I am feeling very Guilty here that this hotel in my country looting Guests after charging them unnecessarily so what other Guests will get impression after visiting here?Be Cautious.....otherwise You will be in trouble like me.I am alerting everyone here...

And for Hotel..Pls. stop cheating Peoples...Its very shameful as you are doing.....Make the Policies,Improve Your Reservation System & Charge the Peoples as per the rate not as per Your Pocket.Pls. stop this greediness.Excess of Everything is Bad.Must be awarded as Worst Hotel In World.

Nothing to Like Much

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written February 18, 2010

• daisymiller profile photo daisymiller
  • Reviews: 3

Kurabar Kothi: Udaipur’s Best heritage and luxurious Hotel

I am 100% Satisfied with my Kurabar Kothi stay. Kurabar Kothi is near to the Airport, so I easily come at this heritage.
The building and rooms are traditionally decorated in Heritage style - I loved the breakfast dining room!

Heritage style breakfast dining room

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Food and Dining, Luxury Travel
  • Written August 31, 2012

Kurabar Kothi Udaipur

• SailorMoonTraveler profile photo SailorMoonTraveler
  • Reviews: 2

Chandra Niwas Guest House: Home Sweet Home in the Motherland

I spent some time in India earlier this year. I traveled around quiet a lot but there was one particular place that after I left I kept thinking about over and over again. I thought I should try to spread the word about it as best as I can so others, like me, can enjoy!

Chandra Niwas is a quaint little home stay in a quiet part of town. The home stay is run by a local Hindu family who settled there more than 10 years ago. The father of the house personally comes to check on the quests in the mornings to make sure they have everything they need and to offer them a hospitable cup of chai. When coming home in the evening "Mama Jii" is usually sitting outside. She kindly makes small talk with the guests and asks if everyone is comfortable and happy. Samvit, the son of the house, really goes above and beyond to give good recommendations for sites around the city and even personally drives guests free of charge when he has free time. When guests encounter issues with their transportation tickets he promptly helps them get it fixed. I would say this particular home stay really focuses on customer service. They operate everything in such a friendly matter. I think it is also important to mention that Samvit has started the DAAN Foundation, a small non-profit organization that focuses on rural education. He, along with the help of international volunteers, operate two education centers in two nearby local villages. The main focus is teaching english, along with basic mathematics and computer education. There is also a focus on health and hygiene initiatives. Between both centers more than 150 rural children have access to education. For more details on his non-profit work please see the website daanfoundation (dot) org

All in all I found my stay to be quite enjoyable and relaxing. I really felt I was able to gain a better understanding of Indian customs and traditions by staying at Chandra Niwas. By interacting with a real family I found it to be a more personal experience, something I wouldn't find staying at a regular hotel.

Awarded 2012 Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor (dot) com. Quiet neighborhood, Friendly family, partial mountain view, clean, etc.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average