Hotel Rendezvous

goutammitra's Profile Photo

Gangtok's one of the Best Hotels-II

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2009

This is the hotel where I stayed this time. This is newly built hotel and surely one of the better hotels in Gangtok with in affordable range. I was against it but the boys at our travel agent Cox & Kings insisted that I must stay this hotel and have all our functions there as only this hotel can accomodate more than 400 people in their banquet hall and they can move freely, and have trouble free sevice since they are professional!! How correct he was, thanks to Partho Saha of Cox & Kings for the advise. I really had no knowledge about this hotel, I was insisting to have our function at Hotel Tashi Delek.

In the hills it is very difficult to construct hotel of this size as the land and location will not permit the architect to have everything they desire. But here they did it as the place is just next to the central location of M.G.Road.

The hotel is owned by former Chief Secretary of Sikkim.
Manager : Mr.N.Saha: +91-9434445421, can be contacted for bookings and discounts.

Unique Quality: This hotel has 55 rooms all very large in size, excellent bathroom with hot & cold water, room service, great view of Mt.Kanchendzonga, great food, service with smile( by Daju, Subhash, Thapa and team), excellent house keeping by the Sikkimese girls with smile ( team of Sonam, Subala & Sita, I dont' know the names of others). In house TV, above all no noise to disturb you when you are taking rest ( it's almost next to M.G.Road and NH 31A).

I had very comfortable and relaxed stay of 4 nights I was there from 15th April to 19th April. I shall recommend this hotel to all budget travellers who wants to be upgraded for more comfort and service with little bit more money. I am sure you will be impressed by this hotel and for any lapse they will compensate you with their great smile and immediate attention!!

I recommend this hotel strongly for USD$ 20-40 range with Modified American Plan. They will give discount if you book yourself with food ( MAP)

Directions: Near M.G.Road or Near Clock Tower ( everyone knows it cant' be missed)

Nearby Hotel Rendezvous

5 Photos of Hotel Rendezvous

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Hotel Rendezvous

• Restaurant
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Business Services

Gangtok Travel Forum

Need advice about Gangtok, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Gangtok and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Gangtok hotel reviews