Le Royal Meridien Chennai

Tags

Business Travel Luxury Travel Food and Dining
See Amenities

bad experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 18, 2010

I live in US but Chennai is my hometown,I visit often and since I own hotels too I try to try out hotels in town...the first time I went there we went to Flame their discotheque we paid the cover fee and went in,they had gospel music and would not play anything else because of a private party,We did go 10000 miles to Chennai for that,get enough of it here.We got a refund and left, next time I went for a fashion show held there did not have enough Indian rupee's and wanted to exchange dollars wouldn't do that or accept my credit cards or debit cards,walked a bit trying to find a ATM in my cocktail dress.came back took out my car from parking and drove 15 min to an ATM got money came back ,missed half of the show,went to the restaurant and made a mistake in the tip and realized that I added wrong while I was coming back home,they happily charged my credit card with that huge tip .I am scared to go back there because I don 't have luck with this place

Le Meridien -- not really royal -- bad staff

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 9, 2010

I had been to this restaurant officially. I had parked my two wheeler in the basement parking and left my helmet in my bike. When i came back, i found my helmet missing. I asked the security personnel there and they point me to the wall which said " Vehicle and items left in the vehicle are at owner's risk". Accepted that helmet lost was due to my carelessness, but the security personnel are really so rude. I asked the security person if we could just look around for it and he shouts at me back saying "that's not my work" in such a bad tone... and he says " be happy that ur bike is not stolen"...i got so irritated.. probably the management has to train ppl there on how to talk to customers... and u wont believe the parking lot roof is only 6 feet high... u wil have to bend while driving ur bike... dont be surprised if ur costly cars get damaged bcoz they say its not their responsibility to take care of bikes and cars.. Dont trust them.. it is not valet parking .. its dungeon parking.... !!! Food is below average for which they charge big bucks... not a place to go..

Elegant Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2008

The service at the Le Meridien is excellent, especially in the restaurants and spa.

The best restaurant to eat at is Navratna, which is authentic South Indian cuisine. The service was attentive and polite. The food was delicious, and the chef was accommodating and was willing to prepare items not on the menu. There is no need for a reservation (except maybe for large groups), because everytime I went to the restaurant there was always a table available.

The spa was basic and not that impressive. However, the services were excellent. I had a facial, massage, and pedicure. The prices are reasonable, especially by American standards. The only problem was the inquistiveness of the spa staff, whose questions bordered on annoying.

Unique Quality: Really good food and service!!

Directions: Near the airport.

business hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 20, 2006

the hotel rooms are arranged in a circular fashion with a big atrium in centre where you can watch all the activity.the rooms on the opposite face the exterior of the hotel.on checking in i was ushered into a room which had a leaking ac was a corner room and the carpet was wet.so much so for the 5 star maintenance.
however the on duty manager shifted me to a better room immediately and was courteous enough to aplogise for the same.
the servise at the hotel is good, nothing extraordinary.
facilities of using the business centre come at a cost however if you go across the street you will get your comp work done in one fifth the cost.i had to print an airline ticket which took an eternity.
however the quality of restaurants food and ambience at this hotel is good.
at the buffet breakfast it is stiff upper lip with waiters being busy and rushed and reluctant to help you out with your selection and attending to the guests.
i had asked a bit of breakfast to be packed for my travel which took a long time to be approved by the duty manager and finally they charged me for trivial fruits.
i would recommend this hotel definitelyfor its ambience and restaurants. but individual level of hospitality of staff has to rise way beyond expectations.like TAJ HOTELS they are excellent in hospitality and pleasing thir guestswith small favors

Unique Quality: the outstanding characteristics ofthis hotel are the ambience.noise free rooms.good view on both sides.lovely vestibule elevators.

Nearby Le Royal Meridien Chennai

Le Royal Meridien Chennai

• Chennai Meridien
  • Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
  • Le Royal Meridien Chennai Hotel Chennai (madras)

Address: Business District, 1 GST Road, St Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu, 600 016, India

11 Photos of Le Royal Meridien Chennai

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Chennai (Madras) Travel Forum

Need advice about Chennai (Madras), India? Visit the Travel Forum for Chennai (Madras) and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Chennai (Madras) hotel reviews

The Park Chennai
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Vijay Park Chennai 600 106
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Chennai (Madras)