Taj Coromandel Hotel

37 Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Nungambakkam, Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu, 600 034, India

Taj Coromandel Chennai
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• ianobi's Profile Photo

best in chennai

Offering a fusion of rich South Indian design cues and classic European elegance, the Taj Coromandel gives guests the best of both worlds ? business and leisure in the heart of the city. A preferred venue of Heads of state, royalty, and the who*s who of the corporate world, this hotel is the only member of the exclusive *Leading Hotels of the World*. HACCP and ISO 14001 Certified. WIFI Connectivity in all rooms. 205 elegantly appointed rooms, Hi Speed WiFi services in the rooms and public areas of the hotel 4 innovative restaurants, a bar and a tea lounge providing varied cuisines and entertainment, 24 hour business centre, state-of-the-art banqueting and conferencing facilities, fitness centre and swimming pool, laundry services, in-room dining and a host of other facilities welcome the business or leisure traveler and make them feel at home Crisp service and warm hospitality combine to offer the needs of every guests. Taj Coromandel is the only hotel in Chennai which is HACCP and ISO14001 certified and has won several accolades and awards for excellence in hospitality.
    Property Information by Travelocity

Unique Quality: these are some of the ameneties that they offer:

* Air Conditioning (In Room)
    * Newspaper (Free)

* Pool (Outdoor)
    * Hot Tub

• not worth your $$$.

Not worth $310 a day.

Have no idea why some hotels in Chennai think their rooms are worth $310 a day.
    It is not NY, Tokyo or London. It is Chennai for heaven's sake.
    There are hotels in Chennai for around $120. Not as polished, but still clean and nice.

• WStat's Profile Photo

Quiet ,but surrounded by traffic-jams

Named after the Coromandel-tree, that has the fairy-tale power to grant any wishes, the Taj hotel offers at least a quiet and luxurious stay, although usually surrounded by traffic-jams (Don`t even try to cross the street infront of the hotel !)
    Its outside looks dont show, what you will experience, once inside: a tastefully styled, luxurious lobby, nice rooms and all the amenities of a 5-star Taj.
    Service is great and friendly; a continental a chinese and an indian restaurant cater for the hungry as well as a 24-hours coffee shop.

Unique Quality: The tastefully decorated Tea-Lounge adjacent to the hotels lobby is a quiet and comfortable place to watch, read and plan your stay.

Directions: Mahatma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Taj Coromandel

I stayed there for a while. The rooms are pretty nice and old style. Thy buffet is excellent and there is even 2 bars. The pool is outside and it's often too warm to even get there

Unique Quality: I didn't find the gym...anyone ?

More about Taj Coromandel Hotel

Taj Coromandel Hotel

by karla_marjorie about The best 5 star hotel in Chennai!!!

Is not because I'm working for them...but it's true..if you r looking for a real 5 star service come to Taj Coromandel, is not just a hotel but an amazing experience!!! THE SERVICE!!!

Love the hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member alisha_urs4eva

Staying at the Taj Coromandel in Chennai is always a pleasure. In the 6 months, I have stayed at the hotel thrice and I have only good things to say about the hotel. The moment you step into the hotel, you know you are in a Taj. As I continue to maintain, the hotel just tells of the amazing hospitality that the Taj offers you in various cities. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and try and make your stay as comfortable and memorable as ever. The rooms are beautiful and I had an amazing view from my room. The food at the hotel is as usual very very good and the menu just leaves you wondering which dish you should pick from all the delicious dishes mentioned. My stay at the hotel was very memorable and I would totally recommend the hotel to friends, family and colleagues.

India At Its Best

by TripAdvisor Member SaltWaterCroc

I have stayed at a range of hotels in India, from the Taj hotels to chains (including the JW Marriott in Mumbai). If you want the best India has to offer, and to feel like you are truly in India, this is the hotel. The staff is fun, friendly, helpful, and courteous, the amenities are impeccable - pool, fitness area, and bar, and the restaurants are excellent. If you are staying in India, I don't think you can't go wrong at a Taj hotel; if you are staying in Chennai, this is one of the best hotels the Taj has to offer. For a business dinner at the Southern Spice, I was there with another American and our Indian colleague. The waiter asked us our likes and dislikes, then asked if we would leave the selections to him. His choices and the quality of the food even amazed our colleague. To top it all off, we then had our fortunes told by a parrot. I need to find more reasons to go to Chennai, because I have found the perfect place to stay.

Very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Aburel

Impressive. I've tried both old and refurbished rooms. In the old one I disliked the fact that the air conditioning was blowing through the wardrobe and my clothes were frozen in the morning but the room was looking great. The new one has all the confort you need, including DVD with surround, wireless internet, huge bed, nice treats. Breakfast is excellent, plenty of freash fruits aso. Staff is overwhelming. Pool was never used during my stay but looks great.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Sunshine_Reggae

I have to agree with the previous reviewer that this India at its best! I have been travelling to India for business 1-2 times a year for three years now and this is the best experience that I've had at a hotel in India. The staff is immensly attentive, the rooms (it was new and modern) was comfortable and beautiful. By far my best hotel experience in India.

lovely hotel with all you need

by TripAdvisor Member teacup610

We stayed here after a long day of travel and it was so pleasant we were sorry to leave. The rooms are lovely and the restaurant was excellent. Service was outstanding and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends.It was so refreshing to have everything we needed at our fingertips to revive us after our overseas flight.

Accomodation near US consulate

Helo guys

Please suggest a good budget hotel/hostel near the US consulate, priced around Rs. 600-1000

Thanks

by lynnehamman

In WHAT city??

by alycat

In Chennai city I guess, since this is the Chennai forum!

by Oldhand

Have fun.

Hey thnx Oldhand! Thats quite a list, handful actually. I LOVE VT

Thnx again

by Oldhand

Thanks for the thanks :-)
I'm pleased to be of help.

Comments