I made the stupid decision of holding my wedding in one of Vijay Park's halls, unfortuate, cuz my wedding date got decided at the last moment, and this was the only available option.In summary this is what happened.
The bride and the groom waiting in the foyer for a wedding that is set to happen in an hour's time. The hall, the complimentary rooms were summarily refused, though the complete payment had been made two weeks in advance.
Here's what they did.
1. Received advance payment for food and hall IN FULL two weeks before the wedding.
2. Received instructions for the dais arrangements for the wedding to take place, a photograph was given to them to make sure they made it exactly the same way.
3. Two complimentary rooms were offered, one each for the bride and groom for the wedding day, which could be used at any time (even if it is at 4 am in the morning, cuz the wedding was at 7.30 am)
HERE's WHAT HAPPENED:
1. On the day of the wedding, 6AM, I was asked to pay 2000 bucks on the spot. The reception folks refused to let me take the hall without the payment being made. This was a so called 'security deposit'.Please note that the entire amount has been paid to them in full in advance.
2. I demanded to speak to a higher level authority. The person refused to pick up the phone calls.
3. When another person was called, he refused to make the decision to give me the hall,quoting that he had no authority to do that.
4. By 7.15 Am when the 'authorized' person picked d call, he told me plain that he cannot let me use the hall unless I paid the petty 2000 cash as a safety deposit and that it was their 'policy', which of course, they never mentioned while the hall was booked. U really dont expect anyone to be carrying around cash in their pockets on the day of the wedding.
5. In the meanwhile, a customer who had flown in for a meeting was being refused a room which he had booked a month in advance. He was getting pissed off that he was getting so late. (U will know why this info is critical, as u read on)
6. Finally after arguing and yelling for long enough, the 'authorized' person, offered 1 room to be used. I let my would be wife use that room, so that she could get dressed and ready. The room was stinking with the smell of whisky, and rotten chicken pieces.
7. The customer mentioned in point 5 above, was given the same room that was given to my wife. Just how pathetic can you get?!
8. After sorting that out, I went to check the hall. They had made a completely different and non-existing design for the dais. Absolutely nothing was ready in the hall. Dirty chairs and unclean carpets included.
9. I had to argue with the hall managers to get the design done at the earliest, it was 8 AM by then..
10. Finally, I was offered a room,only after the payment was made through a friend. The room hadnt been cleaned. It had used mattresses, rotten tomates, few beer bottles, stinking smell of smoke. I had to argue to get another room.
11. The next room, had no power supply, broken bath tub and wash basin, under construction and stinked no less than the other rooms. But it was too late for me to get into another argument. I used d room, as I was out of time and got married.
12. Do I need to say more?! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
Anyone with a pea sized brain, would avoid this place. Have to admit, I made one of the most stupid decisions of my life, to be at this place.
Unique Quality: 1. Pathetic Customer Service
2. Money minded staff
3. Non existant cleanliness, except at the reception of course.
Had a worst ever experience in this hotel. We had a family marriage in this hotel.. and ended up feeling bitter about having booked this hotel...
The screwed up right from rooms (dirtiest), food (really burnt food/stale icecream/old vadai).. to not giving promised hall for dining.. THey let the whole family and guests suffer to travel from basement to 6th floor with just one lift accessible for 400 odd guests. To top it all they billed us for around 550 pax for dinner but didnt have food even for 400.. no second serving....of food for anyone... we had to put the chairs ourselves..
the MD seems to be a non-ethical cheap blood sucking bedbug
Unique Quality: What do i say
Directions: Please dont visit this hotel ever.. so why do i give u directions.. turn away any time you hear this name
37 Mahatma Gandhi Rd, Nungambakkam, Chennai (Madras)
636, Annasalai, Teynampet, Chennai (Madras)
35/36/37, G.N. Chetty Road, T. Nagar, Chennai (Madras)
531 GST Road, St Thomas Mount, Chennai (Madras)
Latest Chennai (Madras) hotel reviews