312, Bharathiyar Road, Coimbatore, 641044, India
Agoda.com eDreams Booking.com

More about Coimbatore

travelling from Coimbatore to Ooty

by anilsaxena

I and my wife ( we are 59 and 56 year old) will reach Coimbatore from Delhi by air around 1100 AM. We wish to go to Ooty, as early as possible, but on a reasonable budget (we are Indian middle class). We do not want to travel standing in buses. We need suggestions. Can I get a shared taxi at Coimbtore airport, which will take us directly to Ooty. If not, then are there shared taxis available from Coimbtore city. If yes then from which place in Coimbtore. How much these options will cost per person.

I also want advice on the quality of TTDC (Tamilnadu tourism) hotel at Ooty, where I have booked my accommodation for stay.

Re: travelling from Coimbatore to Ooty

by Miharika9

Please contact Jagadeesh 94423 70007, he is a very honest and reliable taxi driver and will charge you a most reasonable rate. We always use his taxi to take us to Ooty and other places in Nilgiri district. Refer Mr Aravind from Mumbai.
We have stayed at TTDC at Ooty many times but always in off season when they give huge discounts. I hope you are getting the off season rates which are the best value as the rooms are big and clean though basic. Location is best as its quiet on a hillock and 5 min walk from the main Comm. St and Charing Cross. But dont eat there except breakfast as the food is tasteless. You can eat any type of food and budget just 5 min walk away. Contact me at gsamisce@gmail.com for more info.

Comments