Kanniyakumari Hotels

Our Members Say

• y2ketan2007 profile photo y2ketan2007
  • Reviews: 208

Hotel Sea View: A Nice hotel in Kannyakumari

Had a wonderful stay here.The location of the hotel is excellent .Sea facing rooms cost a bit more than the rest.The restaurant here serves excellent cusine and the service is nice too.Car parking is limited and I had to park my vehicle in an adjacent hotel !

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written January 3, 2013

Hotel Sea View , Kannyakumari

• naresh.khansas profile photo naresh.khansas
  • Reviews: 1

sangam group hotels: Kanyakumari hotels

I would like to share my trip and accomodation in kanyakumari, because of good response and quality of foods like sea food and vegtarian in sangam group of hotel.

Rooms -- good always keep cleaning

Food -- veg and non veg(hygienic)

• Related to: Budget Travel, School Holidays, Arts and Culture
  • Written July 24, 2010

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

Hotel Maadhini: Good option near temple

This place reminded a bit of a seaside hotel back home as it had similarly decorated rooms with balcony overlooking the sea. It's well located, just to the north of the Main Bazaar and about 300m from the main temple. I didn't bother having a sea view room as I stayed only one night. My non a/c room was OK with light blue painted walls, a double bed, ceiling fan, 2 bedside tables, 2 plastic chairs, wardrobe, desk area, TV, large mirror and a balcony and cost Rs550. They have a bar (kingfisher beer cost Rs80) and a restaurant.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written September 24, 2009
Tip Photo

• hydtraveller profile photo hydtraveller
  • Reviews: 8

Hotel Tamilnadu, Kanniyakumari: Government Tourism Department's Hotel

Hotel Tamilnadu at Kanniyakumari is near to the sea shore and has 10 double A/C rooms @ Rs 1,020 + taxes per night and 2 double non-A/C rooms @ Rs 770 + taxes and 2 twin non-A/C cottages @ Rs 620 + taxes. These rates are current at time of posting this tip in January 2009 and are valid for off-season. The season is the month of May and then from October to January every year. The rates in season are just Rs 100 per room per night extra. I booked this hotel due to it being the southernmost place of stay in mainland India and price being reasonable and online booking being available. I have yet to go and will post more tips after my actual travel.

Online booking

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Religious Travel
  • Written January 21, 2009

• tayloretc profile photo tayloretc
  • Reviews: 287

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Sea View: Perfect View

The picture was taken from my balcony; the window in the pic of the bedroom faced due east for the sunrise. Even if this hotel were awful, the view would make it worth staying here... But the hotel is great: the room was bright and clean, service was excellent, the location is good for walking to all the major sights in town. There's a restaurant and bar, and service on a patio overlooking the point where the three bodies of water meet. Other services I'd associate with high-end hotels were also offered here. Breakfast was very good, too.

The view - I was in the corner on the third floor (I think it was 308).

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Written May 30, 2008

Did I mention the view?

• traceyspacey profile photo traceyspacey
  • Reviews: 460

Manickham Tourist Home: Clean and comfortable

This was recommended to us by other travelers going the other way around India to us.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and a reasonable size. Ask for a balcony over looking the sea as we did. Great for watching the sun rise.

As soon as we checked in a member of staff came and asked if we had an Laundry or would we like a cold beer. We said yes to the beer. The hotel doesn't have a bar, but he got us one anyway.

Rooms are non A/C and A/C. It was very hot when we were there in March so A/C was needed. The double room cost us 600 Rupees.

Good view over the sea. Great place to watch the sun rise.

• Related to: Arts and Culture, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written January 28, 2008

• indiabazaar profile photo indiabazaar
  • Reviews: 152

Budget class hotel

I have check3-4 hotels.. as terrif.. they offer 900 for double std room.. and 1200 Beach facing Double std room.. as we went in June.. wich were off season.. we bargain.. till50% as we got four rooms.. .. all of 3-4 hotels i had check same terrif.. finally one were agree to give us 50% off.. I dont remeber the name of hotel we stay...but u can easily find hotel in kaniyakumari.. in 900 to 1200 go for bargain.. they sure do it....
Hotels were very good service.. clean.. ..
ajay

• Written June 26, 2007

• ajayzener profile photo ajayzener
  • Reviews: 188

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Cape Residency: A good view...

Hotel Cape Residency is just outside the entrance to the Kanyakumari Town. This hotel is very beautiful looking from outside. The lobby is also simple but neat and clean.

There are ac and non ac rooms available. The ac rooms costs 1800 Rs. and non-ac costs 900 Rs. The rooms are large, it is not well cleaned but it is quite cosy. There is a small television and a geaser in all the rooms. Food is ok. There is a small place behind the hotel where you can take a walk, you will find the place green and with lot of birds around.

The room service and the staff were pleasant and ready to help.

Overall the place is average and low budget. I would recommend that one should not go for a AC hotel in the month of January. It is very pleasant during this time and you would not be turning on the AC anyway, so why pay more.

The view from the balcony is really beautiful...

• Related to: Beaches, Festivals, Road Trip