- Reviews: 581
Jungle Retreat: A Retreat in the Jungles
Even as we entered their property we were greeted by the sight of a deer herd that had more than a 100 spotted deer!! The resident animal life includes a couple of long tailed shrikes, 7 cats, 3 dogs and more than 20 species of birds including parrots. It is common to sight elephants, mongoose, wild boar, hyenas and wild dogs inside this 35 acre campus. Right at the top of the area is a pool that looks divine with the Nilgiris for a back drop! A standard double room is super spacious and easily accommodates 3. If you want to spend your stay in front of a TV this is not the place for. It is for someone who loves to get close to wildlife and meet like minded people over a cup of tea or dinner. We L-O-V-E-D our stay here and will surely revisit at the earliest!
The pool is awesome, so is the wildlife sightings!
- Reviews: 5
Peacock Dormitory: Peacock Dormitory
This dorm is located in the middle of Mudumalai Wildlife Sanctuary. Its hostel style accomodations more on par with camping. Its definitely not luxurious, but its cheap and if your adventurous you'll really enjoy it.
* There are three large rooms, each with about 10-12 beds (some bunkbeds).
* The bathrooms are squat style outhouses.
* They'll heat up water in a bucket for you to bathe with.
* There's a separate dining hall.
* There is power but we had frequent power outages with rainstorms (more fun for us, we ate and played games each night by candlelight)
Another bonus is that its extremely cheap. It was about 10 U.S. dollars/night for each room which can hold up to 20 people.
Its very quiet unless you have noisy neighbors (like we did). Its sort of luck of the draw on that one.
This is a great spot to view wildlife. We spotted warthogs, malabar giant squirrels, macaques, spotted and sambar deer and wild dogs daily. Tigers and panthers have also been sighted around the dorms.
The food is excellent and the cook is charismatic and very generous. It was some of the best food I ate in India.
The dorm is very close to the station where the park safari tours launch. You're also close to the elephant camps.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- Hotel Formula 1
- Hotel Centre Point
- City Tower Hotel Apartments 3 - Bur Dubai
- The Inn At Somerset Hills
- The Maverick
- Golden Parnassus Resort & Spa
- Hotel Jardi
- Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
- Baguio Condotel
- JM La Cala Benidorm Sun Apartments
- Fort Ilocandia Hotel
- The Westin Chosun Busan
- Saint George Three Corners Resort
- CasaMagna Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa