Clarks Shiraz Hotel

Tags

Family Travel Historical Travel Luxury Travel
See Amenities
Tracyden's Profile Photo

Pleasant a comfortable with a VIEW!!!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2011

We stayed in this hotel for just one night on our tour of the golden triangle. Although not impressive to look at outside it is pleasant inside. We had a little fun getting stuck in the lift on the way up to our room - our fault though we had too many people.

Our room was lovely - had the best bathroom accessories of the whole trip - and best of all had a view of the Taj Mahal from our room window.

We ate in the hotel restaurant - The mughal room - as the hotel appeared to be far away from other restaurants . There was a special celebration Punjabi festival - my only criticism would be that (as in every other place we ate in india) we couldn't get a chapatti - or roti - whatever we asked for Naan was always produced. But this is a small complaint.

We stayed for breakfast - buffet style with indian and all other foods - the omelettes were excellent and coffee, tea toast was served to you at your tables.

Unique Quality: The views from the hotel restaurant and from some rooms of the Taj Mahal

Terje1966's Profile Photo

Nice Agra hotel

by written on June 8, 2010

Nice relatively large hotel with garden and pool. Ok rooms with aircondition. We were 5 persons on 2 tables for breakfast and they had about 10 waitors waiting in line to serve us our food. The hotel has a few small souvenir shops and a tourist office.

Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Hotel Clarks Shraz:A Captivating View of The Taj

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 6, 2008

This time as I visited Agra during the winter season it was hard to find a room for myself. I was informed that this was the peek season for tourism and thus I had to hear a ‘no’ from various hotel staffs; finally at Clarks Shiraz I was relieved as here the staff was very hospitable and polite. I was first kept on hold for one day and the very next day I received a call confirming my booking and even as I arrived at the hotel the staff was ready to receive me with sophistication.

Hotel Clarks Shiraz is situated at just the right place from where it was easy for me to reach all the main commercial and entertainment spots in the city. This hotel is simply the name for luxury in the city with its plethora of modern amenities and elegantly furnished rooms. I was completely mesmerized when I opened the curtains of my room, it was the real Taj Mahal that I could see from my windows, I was thrilled on the sight of it. Surely Taj from your room is all you want while staying in Agra and luckily my wish came true at Hotel Clarks Shiraz.

Unique Quality: View of the Taj from the rooms

bonio's Profile Photo

Ok hotel

by written on December 27, 2006

Compared to the rest of our hotels on our trip around India this one was a good choice. Room was large and clean, with hot water for some of the time. In a not great area although all entrances were well guarded it seemed. Staff friendly enough and a reasonable breakfast included in the price.

solopes's Profile Photo

Without time to live it

by written on October 26, 2006

All the seconds in Agra were not enough to explore its wonders, so we arrived late and tired to the hotel, without any other intention than... to rest.

The children used the pool, with satisfaction, the rooms were good, the staff gentle, the food hot... hot... hot... like everywhere in India, and... that's all. We were in a package, so we didn't know how much did we payed for it.

WStat's Profile Photo

Business Hotel close to Romance

by written on September 1, 2006

When you are not on a business-trip, you will be able to use all the countless amenities, Clarks Shiraz Hotel has added to its profilé within the past years: very good restaurants,chinese, indian and continental, 2 bars and a fitness- and health center,including a good outdoor pool, that leave no wishes open.
The hotel has been refurbished and offers nice rooms and medium-style services, like any other business-hotel

Unique Quality: Clarks Hotel lies in the center of Agra, close to the famous monuments of TAJ-MAHAL and the AGRA FORT

grets's Profile Photo

A bit of a mess

by written on May 30, 2005

We arrived at the Hotel Clark Shiraz just in time for lunch, which we had at the Bansuri restaurant.

The hotel was in a bit of a shambles, as restoration work was in progress - the main entrance was closed, the lifts frequently out of order (or stopping between floors) and the lights kept going out at the most inconvenient moment.

The picture shows the view of the pool from our room.

PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

A Room with a View

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 2, 2005

A welcoming drink as we walked into the reception was a nice touch. An excellent hotel and well worth asking, and paying, a little extra to have a room on 5TH or 6TH floor, from which both the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort can be seen.

Unique Quality: Whilst we were there in March 05 the pool was being redesigned and repaired but they have some very attractive grounds to lounge out in and the buffet breakfast and dinners provide some good Indian food

Directions: About 15 min drive from the railway station

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Agra Travel Forum

Need advice about Agra, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Agra and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Agra hotel reviews

Precursor to the Taj...
Red Fort Thoughts...
Akbar's Mausoleum
Things to Do
'Look Madam.. a flower....'
Agra Fort
Getting into Agra
Taj
WOW !!!!
Things to Do
Beauty at it's finest !!!!!
Things to Do
Ancient capital for the Mughals !!!!!
Things to Do
TAJ MAHAL- ELEMENTS OF BEAUTY (1)
Favorites