Hotel Chandra Pushp Palace

8/4-A Kailash Vihar, Agra-Delhi Bye Pass Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, 282007, India
Hotel Chandra Pushp Palace
Agoda.com

More about Agra

It's a new build in  a mughal styleIt's a new build in a mughal style

Itmad-ud-Daula's TombItmad-ud-Daula's Tomb

Agra FortAgra Fort

The Taj Mahal entranceThe Taj Mahal entrance

Shanti Lodge:

by fatherneil

Hi folks,

It seems like everyone is saying that the Shanti Lodge has a wonderful view of the Taj. I wonder what are the rates for a double rooms at the place. It would be nice to stay right there and enjoy the view in the morning, afternoon and the late evening. Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Re: Shanti Lodge:

by into-thin-air

We had a very brief look at the Shanti Lodge and dismissed the place as it looked very shabby and elected to stay at Hotel Sheila instead. (Details on my India accommodation tips).
Even Hotel Sheila was less than perfect but I have to say that it looked a far better option than the Shanti Lodge.
Good Luck
Rob

Re: Shanti Lodge:

by lynnehamman

Hi Neil
We have just been to Agra- but we went on a day trip from Delhi. And I am so glad that we chose not to spend the night in Agra. Once one has seen the Taj Mahal & Red Fort- I am afraid that there is NOT much else to really attract one there.But then again- that is only MY opinion. Just thought that I might mention it anyway.
We took only 3 hours to see the main attractions in Agra. (with no rushing at all)
Cheers

Travel Tips for Agra

The World's Most Beautiful Building

by pchamlis

OK, here is the ultimate no-brainer. I am writing a tip for my Agra, India page. Have you ever heard of the Taj Mahal?

Seriously, the Taj Mahal has long been considered one of the wonders of the world, perhaps the world's most beautiful building. My wife had, for almost her entire life, dreamed of seeing it in person. Needless to say, the personal buildup for us before our visit was intense, and the expectations were astronomically high. AND.... the magnificent Taj exceeded our wildest dreams ten-fold. I simply cannot tell you the feeling, the sense of awe and peace that comes over you when you first see the Taj Mahal.

OK, a few words about the Taj... no need to write its entire history and background here. There are scads of well-written journals to cover all of that. Suffice to say that it's the final resting place for Queen Mumtaz, the favorite wife of the great Shah Jahan. Her death in the 17th century left him with the proverbial and lasting broken heart. He threw his sorrow into the construction of the perfect symbol of his love for her, a building of such beauty and symmetrical perfection as to astound all visitors from the moment it was constructed. NOTHING at the Taj was shortcut, every artistic step of quality was taken. From the top quality marble, to the inlaid floral and Koranic verses done through the edifice in various precious and semi-precious stones, and even to the four towers surrounding the main Taj being angled out in such a way as to protect his Queen's tomb in the event of an earthquake, it's a building of reverence, majesty and perfection. If you are not impressed and moved to a moment of silence, you have no soul. :)

Not surprisingly, we shot quite a few photos during our two visits to the Taj. I wanted to share as many as possible, so you will find additional tips on the Taj entitled "Lifting the Veil, the Morning Taj" and "Golden Glow, the Afternoon Taj". Additionally, please visit my Taj photo travelogues, just so share some more of the photographic joy I experienced during my few hours' time visiting the world's most beautiful building.

Note: For the particulars on visiting the Taj - prices, entry points, days of operation and such - please see my "Visiting the Taj - The Ins and Outs" tip. From the moment I first glimpsed the Taj, I was in awe. My first view of this magnificent structure was from afar... we could see it from the edge of the Agra Fort, a couple of kilometers across a dusty plain. Like an angel hovering over the horizon, the Taj appears in the distance... it almost looks like you're dreaming.

And when you get there, you realize that it's both a dream and a stunning reality.

A beautiful place

by zumodemango

The most amazing thing in Agra is the Taj Mahal. I am sure everybody who goes there and see it, everybody likes it. There are also other monuments to enjoy like Red Fort which I think is amazing , too. More monuments: Itmad Ud Daulah's tumb, beautiful green gardens. Jami Masjdid, great mosque.The Bazars, full of people, crowded, i mean. If i think in my image of Agra is the Taj Mahal from the Red Fort with Yamuna river. The pink sky after the moonson in the late afternoon and calling for pray in Taj Ganj area.

Preservation of the monuments

by victorwkf

When I was at the Taj Mahal, I saw some local people working to perserve the monuments which is a good thing. Overall, India has lots of historical monuments and it will be a great challenge perserving them properly, especially against erosion and forces of nature. Hopefully they can be done, because the monuments in India are very grand and beautiful in general.

Promoting Agra part 2

by l_joo

Promoting Agra part 2 is another time wasting tip for myself for tonight I couldn't sleep well and spending the time doing all these important works. Hey but who knows one day this tip really become something, yeah, who knows?

Kailash Fair

by keeweechic

During August and September you will find the Kailash Fair which is celebrated for Lord Shiva who is believed to appeared in this area in the form of a stone lingam. Kailash is about 12 kms from Agra.

Comments