4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• Wanderingjon's Profile Photo

Noisy rooms

This is a nice hotel with the usual clean rooms and palatial foyer, bars and restaurants. The staff are super friendly and eager to help. All speak good English. But unfortunately our Mhugal Suite room experience was completely ruined by the presence of locked interconnecting doors with the other room which were totally unsoundproofed and allowed us to hear clearly the people next door 24/7. I mean really, you could follow thier entire conversation. Even worse, the interconnecting doors rattle when next door closes or opens thier room door. This was enough to completely spoil our sleep and enjoyment and I wouldn't recommend this hotel at all. I can't believe that they could miss something this basic in a luxury hotel.

• MM212's Profile Photo

One of India's best spas

The ITC Mughal Sheraton is one of a few luxury hotels in Agra. It was built in the 1970s using the same red sandstone seen in many Mughal-period monuments, while the interior was clad in white marble from the same quarry that gave us the Taj Mahal. The structure is low lying and spread out around beautifully landscaped gardens inspired by the charbagh layouts of Mughal mausoleums. It has a roof terrace with unobstructed views to the Taj Mahal, which was my first sight of the unforgettable monument. It also comes with a large outdoor swimming pool and the delicious Peshawri Restaurant (see restaurant tips). However, by far, the top feature of the hotel is its spa, which is the best hotel spa I have ever seen, which offers its own swimming pool, hammam, gym, massages, etc. It is the perfect place to relax after a long day of sightseeing around the crazy city of Agra, and compensates for the only bad feature in the hotel: the rooms. Perhaps it was just my luck, but my hotel room was in need of an update. Although clean and comfortable, the furniture seemed as though it had been a legacy of a 1980s renovation. I stayed here for one night in late Feb 2009, and would certainly return, but hope the rooms have since been renovated.

• The stay at ITC Mughal was a like a dream!

I would highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing and rejuvenating holiday in Agra. Besides the top of the line food , an award-winning spa & and the grand architecture, what truly sets this hotel apart is the warmth the staff exudes in its hospitality. They truly make you feel like Royalty , very warm yet very professional!

Unique Quality: Their Award winning Spa - Kaya Kalp is a jewel in its crown.
    I got a chance to experience authentic shirodhara & abhyanga treatments at their Kaya Kalp Spa. It was a day spent in paradise...

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Another good choice, location-wise

As you may have seen on my previous tip, we stayed at the Oberoi Trident in Agra. I stand by my comment that the Trident is an excellent choice for your visit. I'd stay there again if I visit Agra in the future.

BUT, if the Trident were unbookable or full, I think my second choice - after seeing the area and locations - would be the Mughal Sheraton. The Mughal appears to be very similar in setup to the Trident, and is only another 1/2 km further down Fatahabad Road from the Taj. With a nice wall surrounded large grounds, I'd bet it's equally as peaceful as the Trident.

I don't think their prices are as reasonable.

But overall, I'm sure the Mughal Sheraton would be another good first-class choice in Agra.

• bashboo's Profile Photo

Lunching here...

Probably the best hotel experience i have ever had was here in the mughal sheraton itc hotel in agra. my boyfriend and I recently visited the taj mahal on a one-day excursion from delhi. i had taken my friends who had come to visit me from england last year as well and both times we lunched at this hotel. it is really beautiful, but i have to say the hospitality head manager, its a pity i cant remember his name...and the concierge named Rahul were both SUPERB~~!!! those two are the shiniing stars of the business as far as i am concerned, we were treated really well as we came in soaking from the rain and made a mess in the lobby and hotel toilet before going for lunch there. it is a bit expensive but if u can afford it even for 1 night or just to have a meal at the peshawri restaurant- it is well worth the money.

Unique Quality: really really great hospitality.
    pool, restaurants etc etc.

Directions: 10 km from airport, 6 km from railway station and 3km from city centre.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Mughal Sheraton Hotel, Agra

I stayed at Mughal Sheraton Hotel in Agra which was booked by my company this time. Spread over a sprawling landscape this hotel was a perfect treat for eyes and soul. The bright red brick building appears to be inspired by Mughal architecture. Out of a range of 285 rooms I was given Deluxe Suite which was a very enjoyable experience I was treated as a queen and was pampered with the availability of numerous facilities and amenities. My experience of dining in the hotel was very refreshing through out my stay here I had all my meals in the in- house restaurant which serves a very diverse menu including numerous delicacies.

From Continental to Rajasthani and other Indian cuisines I had some of the best meals in the hotel. Apart from watching the Taj I had the best time spending a comfortable evening by the Swimming pool or enjoying my Sauna bath. This hotel is built keeping in view all the important requirements of the guests and thus it offers some of the best services such as beauty salon, jogging track, children’s amusement park and tennis courts.

Directions: Near Kheira Airport

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Oriental comfort

We stayed one night in Sheraton Mughal, Agra. We had a nice large room (standard). It was clean and decorated oriental style. The location was good with respect to visiting Taj Mahal.

We ordered on Starwood's website the summer meal plan offer. It was for 2 persons, about 130 Euros together. Included next to the room per person: 2 drinks at the bar, 1 breakfast buffet, 1 lunch buffet, 1 dinner buffet. The food was good and we had a very nice stay.

The bar is cosy, the waiters friendly. Tip, sit around a bit and an old man, a magicien will show up. He has some amazing tricks, e.g. the box. He also can sell the trick items which costf about 1-1.5Euro per set.

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo

Comfortable marble accomodation

The hotel close to Taj Mahal won Agha Khan Award for excellence in Mughal architecture.
    We first have to walk through a gallery with garden (ponds) at two sides for reaching the gate. The lobby is wide and big made of white marble and a huge crystal lamp hung from the ceiling. There are gym, swimming pool and so on. Our room is more western than Indian but there are some choices of more luxury room with Indian design. The servers and waiters seem to get used to foreign tourists so they have less passion to serve us.

Unique Quality: Comfortable lobby, beautiful swimming pool in garden and simple gym

Directions: Fatehabad Road Tajganj 282001

• kinjalnz15's Profile Photo

Live like a king

This hotel was bult in 1976 and renovated in 2005. In my opinion its a grat hotel to stay, staff are friendly,there a fortune teller in the hotel and hotels got a good view of taj from rooms.The room i had was very big by indian standard.

Unique Quality: Loved swimming pool and workout @ fitness center.

• Review by a OneTime.com User from The Netherlands

This was the best hotel during our stay in India! Although quite expensive (but highly negotiable during low season) this hotel was worth every dollar of it! We paid 90 US dollars per room per night. The hotel offered excellent service. They made our bed for the night, in the morning we received 2 English newspapers, our take-away breakfast was ready at 5 a.m. (for no extra charge) The large swimming pool is in the center of the complex (why some people couldn't find is is a mystery to us). From the top of the roof you have a magnificent view of the Taj Mahal. Very romantic indeed. Everything was very clean and fresh, the rooms were spacious, staff was very friendly. We cannot think of one single complaint, our stay was in one word excellent!
    last visit on August, 2004.

• feeni's Profile Photo

Good Views of Taj Mahal

This hotel is huge. It has several restaurants, the chinese is good but lacks atmosphere. It is is situated only a few minutes drive from the Taj Mahal and the Red Fort.
    The pool area is great with plently of sunbeds (which is a rarity in India).

Unique Quality: The rooms are brilliant. Our's had a day bed by the window and all the usual mod cons, mini bar, tea & coffee facilites etc. Really nice toiletries too. Lots of famous people have stayed here.
    The view of the Taj Mahal from the roof is excellent. We went up there a few times early in the morning and we were the only people there. Very romantic.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Beautiful Gardens

Well-maintained and beautiful gardens are a nice feature of the Mughal Sheraton.

Special events are catered on the lawn next to the garden shown in the photo.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Overpriced

From the "Taj View" rooms the view is very distant indeed. The picture shows the tomb as it appeared from my room -- with a 6x zoom.

It's a Sheraton: everything spic-n-span, good service, good restaurants (including a complimentary breakfast in the coffee shop).

Unique Quality: A. Restaurants

1. Chinese: excellent prix fixe meals: mine included six dishes.

2. Mughal: good food, but does not live up to its claim to match the famous Bukhara at the New Delhi Sheraton. Mostly very uncomfortable seating (cushions without backs.

3. Coffee shop: buffets with Indian and continental foods.

4. Bar: snacks and overprided drinks. (Unless cows or lambs eat fish, my hamburger was made of something I've never had before.)

B. Business Center

Slow internet connections at a premium hourly rate.

C. Tour/Travel Desk

Efficient service, also at top rates.

Directions: Nicely located: near shops, between the Taj and other sights.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

sheraton hotel

The hotel approach is not the best; it is dark and secluded outside, but you feel very safe once you are at the hotel entrance. There is a shop outside the hotel gate, selling all kinds of souvenier...price seemed attractive but did not buy anything. They have a PC with internet connection but it was not working the day we were there.

The hotel is low rise, the colour is to me earth deep red brick, but I have this great suspicions they call this Pink - it is not far from Jaipur pink... which is coral to brick red colour to me.

The hotel has a lush garden, and every day you see workers tending to it. The rooms are located on variety of wing, we had a room with a view of the garden. and there is a raise flooring where you could romp around with the beautiful garden view.

The hotel has a viewing point of Taj Mahal, but you see it rather hazy and also bit tiny.

Breafkast ws interesting; i ordered an omellete, and in it had chopped chillis, and chopped coriander...very tingling to the tastebud. It was quite an enjoyable visit. One morning, i ransacked their boiled eggs, and fed the street children with it!!!

• Crift's Profile Photo

Red bricks can be expensive

Of course, I didn't stay in Mughal Sheraton, but I visited it for coffee and refreshments by the pool. The surroundings are fantastic and the staff --especially the people around the pool-- are very nice and friendly. There is a ping pong table next to the pool bar. You can practice against the tennis master! My wife did! Hahaha
    There is a magnificent viewpoint from where you can see Taj in the distance, above the city roofs.

More about Mughal Sheraton

Hotels again!! Sorry....

by taiwallis

Does anyone know what the Jaypee Palace is like? IF it was a toss up between that and the Moghul Sheraton which is preferable?.... and.... does anyone know a 'rough' guideline of what i should be paying for a room? Is $100 about right?

Re: Hotels again!! Sorry....

by robine

I don't know the Jaypee Palace, but had a very comfortable stay in the Mughal Sheraton, which offers views of the Taj. $100 a night sounds about right.

Re: Re: Hotels again!! Sorry....

by KNandan

Jaypee Palace is a new hotel in Agra. Mogul Sheraton was build almost 20-25 years ago. Jaypee is more lavish in nature but Mogul Sheraton has Mogul style architecture and has won an award for its design.

I would go to Jaypee over Mogul, I have been in both...

Hope this helps...