Taj East Gate Road, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, 282001, India

Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 36% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Rated in the USA as 14th best in the world

If you have plenty of cash to throw around then why not a stay at the Oberoi amarvilas . A newly constructed hotel with stunning views of the Taj. Thier views mind, you need to be excellent as they charge around seven hundred Dollars a night ,plus twelve & half percent tax and if you still have small change left over, then their sister hotel in Mumbai will relieave you of that without problem.

• otikim's Profile Photo

5 star hotel in Agra

This Oberoi hotel is conveniently located approximately 600 meters from The Taj Mahal at Agra and eight miles from Agra Kheria Airport.

The hotel has been designed to give guests views of the Taj Mahal from its guestrooms and suites. The lobby, bar, and tea lounge also offer spectacular views of the world-famous monument. Elaborate gardens, terraced lawns and fountains, reflecting pools, and pavilions complement the classic architecture of the hotel. Guests can enjoy the heated outdoor pool, sightseeing tours with qualified guides, spa therapy, gymnasium, sauna, and steam rooms. The hotel also offers assistance on arrival and departure, complimentary airport or railway station transfers, 24-hour in-room dining, private butler service, complimentary shoeshine, ironing (one hour), airline ticketing services, babysitting service, a beauty salon, parking, dry cleaning and laundry service, currency exchange, and a shopping arcade.

Unique Quality: Each room has an entrance foyer, leading to a walk-in closet and the living area. Burma teak flooring and hand knotted rugs create a warm atmosphere. The interiors include an Indian-style bed covered with hand-woven fabrics, a richly inlaid desk, a luxurious lounge chair with an ottoman, and a marble inlay-work coffee table. The bathrooms are in white marble, and Pilkington glass panels, with a separate shower cubicle and a large vanity counter holding deluxe toiletries. All rooms also have modern conveniences such as dataports, satellite TV, DVD players, tea/coffee making facilities, and electronic safes.

Service: World Class service
    Star rating: 5 star hotel
    price range: $378 and up a person.

Directions: Taj East Gate Rd

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Hotel Amarvilas Agra: For A Luxury Stay

I had booked Hotel Amarvilas, Agra for my quick visit to the city during the month of May and I was very much impressed with the spacious grounds, clean and comfortable rooms and brilliant services it offers. This time my visit to Agra was made in a haste and I didn’t got enough time to venture outside the hotel as all my meetings were scheduled in the hotel itself. Yet I was able to experience the traditional hospitality of the city through the efficient services provided by hotel staff at Hotel Amarvilas Agra.

The room was tidy and clean and was well spacious so I have perfectly no complaints about my stay their. The view from the room is also very beautiful that refreshes the entire ambience of the room once the curtains are pulled back. When I got some free time beside my official work I visited Spa where the ayurvedic treatments and milk bath completely chased away my fatigue caused by long hours of conferences.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

The Oberoi Amarvilas: A Breathtaking View of Taj

The Oberoi Amarvilas is just the right place for all the lovers of the spectacular monument of Taj Mahal. From my room I had a private view of the Taj as this hotel is just a few meters away from it. Built in a style inspired by Moorish and Mughal architecture this hotel along with other features of the foregone era with terraced lawns, fountains and pavilions impressed me at the very first sight. Mine was Kohinoor Suite which was surely heavenly beauteous and had separate living and dining rooms.

This suite also has a private study and a bedroom which has a separate dressing area. Even my bathroom overlooks the stunningly beautiful monument of Taj Mahal. Just like all the other rooms in the hotel I was also provided butler service which gave me a complete princess like feeling in the regal city of Agra. I had all my meals at Esphahan which is a specialty Indian restaurant and I enjoy Indian cuisines the most.

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Wonderful Hotel

We splurged and stayed at the Oberoi Amar Vilas. Its a fantastic hotel with a view of the Taj from every room. I upgraded to a Executive room with the Balcony.

Its a wonderful hotel with fantastic service. The rooms have the standard of any international 5 star with execllent service. You have a personal butler service 24 hrs if you need anything.

Had one of the most comfortable pillows that I have ever used in a hotel.

Unique Quality: I should say the unique proxmity to the Taj Mahal and fantastic service at the hotel are excellent. Its also a fantastic hotel that is superbly manicured with water fountains all over the property.

The layout of the pool is also nice which is open 24 hrs.

Directions: Everyone know where this hotel is... its #1 in town.

• heaven on earth

Excellent faultless service, superb surroundings, fantastic views of the Taj Mahal and the mainly young staff are helpful , informed and attentive. The hotel arranged car and driver for transfer from Delhi and local sightseeing, a fantastic guide called Arif and a romantic Royal Thali dinner in the grounds attended by 2 staff for my birthday

Unique Quality: The views are unbelievable and leave you speechless. Every window frames the view of the Taj Mahal. Ask for a room on the higher floors - our was on the 4th and it was superb. We stayed 3 nights and were sorry to move on.

The Spa facilities were first rate and the suite has superb views. One of the most memorable parts of the holiday was enjoying the ever changing light on the Taj Mahal from the quiet of our hotel balcony

The Oberoi website offers pictures but none of them do justice to the views and surroundings

• Heaven on earth

The grounds are spacious, the rooms lovely, the staff and service excellent, and the spa heavenly - 3 hours of treatments was topped off with a rose and milk bath for 2 in a room overlooking the Taj! The hotel organised everything for us including car transfer from its sister hotel in Delhi, guides and driver/car to take us to the various sites - wee hate being shepherded as part of a group. The hotel arranged a special dinner for my birthday - in the grounds under the stars, a romantically decorated table for 2 with a Royal Thali dinner cooked to own own taste (not too hot) and attended by 2 staff.
    The whole stay was faultless and did not want to leave after our 3 mights were up.

Unique Quality: We saw the hotel on the Oberoi website and the views from the rooms were what drew us to the hotel - it was our honeymoon and my birthday whilst we were there. It is totally unbelievable and fantastic!
    We were checked into the hotel in our room and as we walked inside we took one look out of the window and we were speechless - each arched window perfectly frames the uninterupted view of the Taj Mahal. It has the same effect on all guests. Each room has its own large balcony and every day we woud return from sightseeing to sit in our own private space admire the view and watch the effect of the changing light on the Taj Mahal. This is one of the outstanding memories of our holiday. We had a room on the 4th floor - the higher you are the better the view - so ask at check in.

• MYOZ's Profile Photo

Stunning Location in Agra

The best view possible of the Taj Mahal from every room. You can see the Taj change colour as the sun rises and sets. This hotel is about location, location, location! The rooms are superb , the staff excellent, the pool is stunning ... it is a magnificent hotel.

Unique Quality: The VIEW

• In the lap of luxury

Best hotel I stayed at in India, hands down. On par with any Banyan Tree hotel.
    Best view over the Taj. Unbelievable service, much better than what I am used to in China where I live.

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Taj View Luxury Hotel

One of my great regrets about my recent trip to India was that we had only one night at this amazing hotel.

The Amarvilas is a luxurious, palatial hotel, with views of the Taj Mahal from every room.

While the grounds are not vast here, they are beautifully laid out. The rooms are lavishly appointed and you would come to Agra just to lounge in their sumptuous comfort. The colours of the decor were most unusual with a very vivid turquoise tamed by white. It set the tone it's meant to - rich, cool, and expensive.

The bathrooms are large with both a bath and a seperate spacious shower. One thing I love about the newer or newly renovated hotels these days is the amount of space given to showers. There is nothing worse than being cramped behind a plastic curtain hung over a bath as water trickles from a minute shower-head!! Amarvilas is a statement in bathrooms:-)

Outside, tiered terraces overlook the pool, and cooling waterfalls flow from tier to tier. As you lounge in the sun, jasmine tea is served by beautifully sari'd waitresses. There are covered poolside terraces, also, providing shade for a cool drink or delicious snack between swims or sunbathing.

There are two restaurants and we dined that evening in the international restaurant. The food was incredible - quite easily the best meal I ate in the course of my sixteen night trip. The staff are friendly, chatty, and helpful. I wore a special dress to dinner that evening and they complimented me - it made me feel great.

Unique Quality: The view of the Taj Mahal from every room of this amazing hotel cannot be beaten. No other Agra hotel shares this view.

Directions: In direct view of the Taj Mahal, a short ride away by golf cart.

• ctillbrook's Profile Photo

Amazing AmarVilas

If you can afford it, this is the only way to do the Taj Mahal with complete style and luxury.

Every room of the hotel and the bar/lounge have an uninterrupted view of the Taj and the service and whole experience are everything you would expect of the Oberoi group.

Unique Quality: The pool wins our personal award list for 'Best Hotel Pool' and the hotel is a serious contender for the coveted 'Best Hotel' title.

More about Oberoi Amarvilas

Worth paying the extra for me but probably not for some

by TripAdvisor Member je2005

All my life I have wanted to visit the Taj Mahal so it had to be nothing less than the Amarvilas. I take onboard about nobody to help you to reception on arrival but we had a courier from the travel company so we were lucky. Nobody also to hold doors open for you at hotel entrance - they do at The Imperial Delhi! I asked our courier to get a room as high up as possible so we got floor three. I think floors 4 & 5 are suites with the inevitable price rise. If you are going to Armarvilas go as high as you can as the trees have grown a lot since the brochure/web pictures were taken. Like the one taken from their lounge - you can only see the top dome now.

Bedroom was grand & comfortable with the excellent view of course. Noticed the drainage in the bathroom was poor. The shower cubicle would fill up leading to a tidal wave spilling into the bathroom, plus the sink was slow too. The bed turn down service in the evening was an art form to watch too.

We eat in both restaurants during our stay. The main Bellvue restaurant I had a risotto but was not impressed by it as it was laced with chilie powder. The breakfast was a close second in my opinion to The Imperial. In the Esphahan I did ask for no chilie powder to be added which they are more than happy to do for you.

The pool was the best in India with steam rising it was just like a bath.

We used the laundry service as running out of clothes and it was amazing the presentation on it's return.

Business centre was the best so far, individual offices for privacy.

I am pleased to say the shops were the only ones in India where you are allowed to look without being hassled to come in & buy!!! No doubt they would be booted out if one complaint was received.

I loved Agra & I loved the Oberoi but I can understand others who say they are cashing in on the location. That said if you are bowled over by the Taj Mahal then you have to stay at Armavilas so you can view it till sundown.

Pretty Fabulous

by TripAdvisor Member Sara2006

When my husband arrived, we were upgraded for no apparent reason to a top floor suite, I think it was the Nehru suite. Regardless of the name, it was beyond fabulous. Larger than our place in the US, terrace surrounding the whole unit, amazing views of the Taj, the property and agra daily life. I'm not sure of the price, but loved, loved, loved our room. My guess is that they knew we've stayed at other Oberois and decided to reward returning customers. My advice to them is to let us know that.

That said, I can understand how it might be a bit generic for some tastes. Although it is opulent, it is a larger hotel and therefore doesn't have the funny little eccentrices that make other places feel more homey, comfortable, etc. In my mind it is more hotel than resort.

Food was fine - I don't really remember it so it couldn't have been too bad.

Pool was gorgeous and romantic.

worth every penny

by TripAdvisor Member anitafiona

Yes, its expensive. Yes, it is very close to perfection and therefore seen by some as "antiseptic". But if you want to experience the full beauty of the Taj there is no better way of doing it.

The hotel is very close to the Taj. It provides a golf buggy service to drop you off and pick you up right from the gates - no need to take the obligatory tourist bus from a mile down the road.

You can watch the Taj appear from the mist in the morning or shimmer in moonlight from your bedroom - or your terrace if you have paid the tiny bit extra.

And when you are not admiring the Taj you can relax in the beautiful heated pool or be pampered in the Spa - whilst around you the staff ensure that your very need is catered for - perfect.

The hotel provide a car service from the Agra train station.

Perfect?

by TripAdvisor Member traveller06London

My partner and I thought this was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Don't let the fact that this is a new property put you off. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the service is exceptional.

The hotel is located very close to the Taj Mahal and provide golf carts to the entrance.

The Indian restaurant is a must, both the food and ambience are excellent. I would say that there is no other place to stay in Agra.

Luxury Hotel in Agra

by dreamcatcher_sk

Hi ,

I plan to visit Agra with my husband sometime in august. What are the good options of the hotels in Agra? Have heard good things about the ITC Mughal & its Spa..? Anybody who has stayed at this property ?

by robine

Yes, very comfortable, views of the Taj from rooms, excellent restaurant.

by NedHopkins

The ITC Mughal is (or was in 2004) a ITC Welcomgroup/Sheraton hotel. The place is huge and rooms are large and well-appointed. Some rooms have views of the Taj Mahal -- specify that's what you want if you make a reservation -- but the great monument is very distant. This photo from my room was taken with a 10X zoom: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/598f6/10daaa/3/.

Service is excellent -- at the front desk, in restaurants, by the concierge (who will arrange day-trips to Fatehpur Sikri among other places). The several restaurants serve excellent meals -- Chinese and Mughal among them -- with an elaborate breakfast in the coffee shop.

For pure luxury, however, the ITC Mughal/Sheraton does not compare with the Oberoi Amarvilas, which is much closer to the Taj (and all rooms have a fine view) -- but also at least twice as expensive.

by dreamcatcher_sk

Thank you for such great replies.. Really helps to make up my mind in favor of ITC Mughal..! :-)

by johngeres

Yeah, go for it. It's a nice hotel, which provide you the exclusive service, and you will get the excellent view of the Beautiful Taj for its room.

Comments