Taj View Hotel

Tags

Business Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Luxury Travel
See Amenities
Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Taj Gateway Hotel (Formerly Taj View)

by written on February 26, 2011

The Taj Gateway Hotel Agra (Formerly Taj View) - Small urban property close to the Taj. Good food, nice location and pleasant staff. Nice rooms with interesting, pleasant views. I did my laundry here. It came back quick, clean and for a good price, too.

Non-view Taj Hotel

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2008

I booked the deluxe suite at 180 euro/night with view on the Taj, well... The best is to have a look at the picture from the room to understand. Apparently only a few room on the last floor have a propoer view on the Taj. Quality is below other Taj hotels and restaurant are overpriced.

Unique Quality: Not the view...

Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Taj View Hotel: A Spectacular View of Taj

by written on April 7, 2008

During all my stay in Taj View Hotel I simply loved the view of Taj Mahal the best. My room gave me though a distant but a very picturesque view of this Mughal marvel which is famous for being the emblem of love. The services were very efficient and distinctive and were delivered right in time be it room service or the décor of the rooms all was well at Taj View Hotel. I had opted for a Superior Room which was newly renovated and was decked with various modern amenities such as mini bar, tea/coffee maker, hair dryer and more.

Thankfully unlike other luxury hotels in the city this one provided me the service of Wi- Fi Internet access and thus, I was able to stay connected with my team back in Mumbai throughout my visit to Agra. Being a foodie as I am good dining experience always tops my list while selecting a hotel. In this regard also Taj View Hotel was up to the mark as this hotel serves a plethora of dining options serving delicious meals which are freshly prepared in the hotel. Aashiyaana was my personal favorite restaurant which is a stylishly decorated coffee shop and the dress code here was casual.

phardikar's Profile Photo

What view?

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 31, 2007

Even though the name of the hotel is Taj View, it has hardly any view to offer from the 2nd floor rooms. Maybe the 4th floor is better!

We arrived here on 24th December. The Christmas Eve bash was nothing to write home about.

Best part of the hotel is its proximity to Taj.

uglyscot's Profile Photo

great suite

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 7, 2007

I arrived at the hotel hobbling away, after falling on the platform at Delhi. The staff were so helpful, finding a doctor, a wheelchair and providing a taxi to take us around.
The service was excellent, especially the room service which was prompt. The trolley was laid with a pristine white cloth, sparkling cutlery and glassware. The waiter had white gloves and set out the crockery and meal as if we were royalty.
Everyone was very kind, and helped push me in the wheelchair.

Unique Quality: When the morning mist disappeared we were rewarded by a beautiful view of the Taj Mahal.
The staff were very efficient and arranged for a car to take us to see the Taj Mahal and then on to Jaipur. The driver was reliable and friendly , telling us about the area, but not over talkative, and drove carefully, warning me if an unavoidable irregularity in the road was coming, so as to make sure my leg would not be damaged.

mlbk888's Profile Photo

Beautiful Views of Taj Mahal

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2007

First impression - love the decor of the lobby with its huge elephant statues and Moghul prints adorning the walls. The reception staff were professional in handling the check-in procedure.

Room - the muted colour scheme and the white bed spread with traditional Indian motifs were very appealing to me. But what I really like most about the room was the view of the Taj Mahal from my bedroom window.

Unique Quality: Taj View Rooms offer views of the monument, Taj Mahal

Taj Spa offers traditional Indian wellness treatments including ayurvedic treatments.

Hotel can arrange for an in-house astrologer to read your past and future.

Fasulye's Profile Photo

A great 5-star (or maybe 4-star) Hotel

by written on September 25, 2006

The Taj View hotel is one of the better hotels in Agra (although we visited a larger, more elegant one in Agra), so this may be a 4-star instead of a 5-star hotel, but I would give it 5 starts because it was clean, had good food, and seemed up-to-date. Good water pressure in the shower. Drinking water is offered free in the rooms (bottled water). You are greeted at the door by an Indian girl who puts a lay around your neck which is made from fresh flowers sewn together. Of course everyone speaks English. Everything is air conditioned (necessary in Agra's summer heat) and there are several places to eat in the hotel. Rooms are equipped with television and mini-bars.

Unique Quality: There are views of the Taj Mahal from the upper floor rooms facing south (hence the name "Taj View", though this is apparently a chain of hotels named "Taj") There is a large pool surrounded by a garden area in which evening activities (singers and dancers) sometimes entertain.

irishluck18's Profile Photo

Taj View - But not really....

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 27, 2004

I picked up good deals for most of my stay in India on www.cheaptickets.com.

This hotel is a nice hotel. Equivelent to a Holiday Inn in the U.S. There are a few shops, a nice pool and grounds, a bar (very small one), and a restaurant. They also have a barbecue at nite by the pool.

The prices at the bar and restaurant are expensive (about $5 for a Kingfisher beer). We opted to only eat breakfast which was included in the price of our room. The buffet is great. The best omlettes in India and good India fare too. However, as is typical in India, the cloth napkins were dirty. You just have to deal with it.

Unique Quality: We did not have a view of the Taj. And apparently there are only about 6 rooms in the hotel that actually have a view and are sold at premiuim prices.

The rooms were clean, spacious & recently remodelled.

Directions: Do not pay more than 15 Rupees for a ricshaw ride to the Taj. It's actually about a 10 minute walk from the hotel.

We were taken for 40 Rupees on a 1 minute ric ride. We didn't know any better.

Nearby Taj View Hotel

• Business Services
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Agra Travel Forum

Need advice about Agra, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Agra and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Agra hotel reviews

Precursor to the Taj...
Red Fort Thoughts...
Akbar's Mausoleum
Things to Do
'Look Madam.. a flower....'
Agra Fort
Getting into Agra
Taj
WOW !!!!
Things to Do
Beauty at it's finest !!!!!
Things to Do
Ancient capital for the Mughals !!!!!
Things to Do
TAJ MAHAL- ELEMENTS OF BEAUTY (1)
Favorites