Hotel Alaknanda

Belwala, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, 000000, India

• ana111's Profile Photo

Haridwar' s lovely hotel

Here air cooled rooms are available. There was no television connection. Food , We had vegetarian and dlicious food. U can watch here awesome views of river ganga. In terms of accomodation , There were water problems, electricity probs.

Unique Quality: U can see great views of ganga 4m this hotel.

More about Haridwar

GARDENS AT CHEETALGARDENS AT CHEETAL

Banks of the GangesBanks of the Ganges

Evening aarti on the GangesEvening aarti on the Ganges

Pilgrims arriving from all over the placePilgrims arriving from all over the place

Accomodation in Haridwar

by vishwajit76

Dear Guys,

Iam planning to travel to Haridwar in the second week of June. I want to know whether this will an appropriate period to visit there and secondly I need some info. about budget hotels available there. Furhter I would glad if someone cold let me know whether its feasible to travel to Rishikesh in one day. Look fwd. to hear from you people.

Take care, Vishwajit

by VA_Dave

We took the early morning train from Delhi to Haridwar, and then we drove to Rishikesh for lunch. One evening we drove back to Haridwar for the spectacular dusk Aarti of Goddess Ganga, at Hari-Ki-Pairi, and then we drove back to Rishikesh. We did not stay overnight in Haridwar, so I can not help you regarding Haridwar hotels.

Have a great trip!

by sacs2k1

Hi Vishwajit,

If you are on budget, you can stay in one of the many Dharamshalas - they don't ask for money but its upto you - you can donate any amount you feel like. If you are looking for a hotel, Ginger Hotel maybe a good choice. They offer rooms for Rs. 999 per night and is managed by Tata group - check www.gingerhotels.com

by nitinpandey

Rishikesh is just half an hour drive from Haridwar. There are innumberable jeeps and tempo's going up and down every few minutes. Infact, when you are in Rishikesh, you must do white water rafting!

by VA_Dave

I agree with nitinpandey. We had a great time white water rafting
near Rishikesh. And at the end of the rafting, we all climbed up
onto a high cliff and jumped into the Ganges! Unfortunately the
health of my watch was not improved by Ganges immersion.

We also drove to Gangotri and hiked to the source of the Ganges.
This is a beautiful hike if you have several days.

Travel Tips for Haridwar

Go for the real thing!

by toonhut

Nearly everyone takes their holy baths in Har ki Paudi. It seems too man-made for me. Why not take your 'cleansing' in the more real Ganga at nearby Neel Dhara (or Neel Jheel, I forget). It's much wider, cleaner, and above all, less crowded! It will be far more apt. It's not as deep as people make it out to be, nor are the currents that strong. Yes, it's deeper with more pressure than Har ki Paudi but (that's the point and) so very doable!! It will just feel like the real thing.

Comments