Hotel Ganga Azure

Near Shivmurti, Opposite the Railway Station, Haridwar, Uttarakhand, 249 401, India

Satisfaction Poor

More about Haridwar

SHATABI EXPRESSSHATABI EXPRESS

Way up to Mansa devi- taking the stairsWay up to Mansa devi- taking the stairs

The breakfast!!The breakfast!!

Har Ki Pauri from Various AngleHar Ki Pauri from Various Angle

Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by Himalayputra

i am planning to visit Yamunotri in May2004. i've heard about the lake called Saptarishi Kund above Yamunotri, which is the actual birth-place of Yamuna. It has been stated that the way to reach Saptarishi Kund is very difficult. How difficult is it? If anyone who has actually gone up there could give a detailed account, I'll be thankful.
Aravind

Re: Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by vinayverma

Hi Aravind,

I haven't been there myself but this what I could gather from my friends who have been there...
From what I heard from them...reaching Saptarishi Kund is not that difficult. Ok here some basic Info I got:
Best Season is may to August
Best way to reach is by bus from dehradun or rishikesh/haridwar

To reach Saptrishi kund, you need to trek / pony ride for 10Kms and its difficult only if there is a thin layer of snow/ice on the road( actually just a trek).
You can take help of local porters and pony wallas..also the local tourist office and travel agents will be able to help you in this.
I'll try to gather more detailed info..and post it if I find something useful.
All the best
Cheers
Vinay

by recker_us

Hi! Vinay,

Very useful post from you..

I am planning a trek from Yamuntri to Har ki Dun over Yamunotri pass and Ruinsara Tal in next summer.

Do you have any info about the trek?? I mean the level of difficulty and the logistics??

by himjo

I too would like to get in touch with someone who has done the Saptarishi trek and if possible get a detailed account. It would be quite helpful.
Thanks
Himanshu

by himjo

I too would like to get in touch with someone who has done the Yamnotri-Saptarishi Kund trek and if possible get a detailed account. It would be quite helpful.
Thanks
Himanshu

Re: Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by Himalayputra

hi himanshu
i had been to yamunotri in june2004. i was asking about the trek to saptarishi kund to many people and didn't get a very good response. it was told that the path is not passable during that time of the year & one can easily reach the place in rainy season, i.e., august - september. i thought of going upto the point i can go.
i started at 8.30am, trekked for about 4 hours to reach a place from where saptarishi kund was about an hour's trek. but the weather was getting worse and something inside me told me to get back. so, i got back from that point, with a resolve to reach saptarishi kund in the coming june. I'll definitely try this one again. I'm planning to write the travelogue, but it's a tedious process. Please visit my travel pages regularly, I'll finish the travelogue and post it soon...

RE: RE: Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by bharata

Any other successful attempts on reaching Saptarishi kund ? Anybody has got any photographs of the place ?

Regards,
Bharata.

RE: RE: Yamunotri - Saptarishi Kund

by bharata

Anybody attempting Saptarishi Kund, keep in mind that the route gets cleared only after mid July (as told to me by locals in Yamunotri). Snow needs to get cleared in the path before attempting.

Bharata.

Travel Tips for Haridwar

GARDENS AT CHEETAL

by lynnehamman

Halfway between Delhi and Haridwar , on the highway , we discovered this amazing place.It is actually a "dhaba" or rest-stop , and has a great indoor and outdoor restuarant , modern toilet facilties and THE most beautiful gardens, ablaze with colour. We saw rose gardens, and wide, manicured lawns, fountains. What should have been just a rest-stop turned out to be a 2 hour stop. We had lunch, and wondered around , admiring the garden. Beautiful gardens are not rare in India, but finding one in such an unlikely place is rare. There are also rows of exotic birds in cages- (I do not like birds being caged, but they were interesting to look at)
Have your camera ready- there are lovely photos to be had.
The place is very popular with travellers- car-loads of people were arriving, and the restuarant was packed. The food was pretty good too.It made the drive to Haridwar a pleasure and gave a good opportunity for a meal & rest break

Just after you pass Khatauli, stop at Cheetal Grand. Don't stop at Cheetal, which is just before it.

Comments