Lucknow Hotels

• IndiaTraveller29 profile photo IndiaTraveller29
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Vishwanath, Charbagh: Good option for Budget travellers

Nicely decorated rooms, wide range of options for different budgets. AC and non AC rooms available from INR 700 upwards. Room service is good and there is a veg-restaurant in the hotel.

Charbag is just next to the Lucknow railway station, and the hotel is a 2min. walk from station. Charbag itself is a conjusted place, but once you are inside the hotel...its nice. Room service is prompt.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 1, 2011
Tip Photo

Inside Hotel room

• Willettsworld profile photo Willettsworld
  • Reviews: 8151

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ramkrishna Hotel: Don't stay here!

I arrived in Lucknow when it was dark at about 9pm and told my autorickshaw driver to take me to the Ramkrishna Guesthouse as recommended in Lonely Planet (LP). I got to this place without realising that it was the wrong place - it was the Ramkrishna Hotel and not the Ramkrishna Guesthouse. There's two parts to this hotel. What looks like not a bad side, although I couldn't see any rooms as they were all taken, and the very bad side, which is where my room was located. The room was pretty grotty and there was a horrid musty smell. In fact the guy who showed me the room began spraying air freshener around the room but it still didn't change the general decor. It was late and I couldn't be asked to go anywhere else so I unpacked. As it was on a busy main road, the noise of the traffic was pretty unbearable and I just thought to myself "How could LP recommend this place?", not knowing that I was in the wrong hotel and that it was my fault for not checking further. As I was in the wrong place, my sense of direction of the local area was also wrong when I was using the map in LP and I thought about contacting LP to say it was wrong, of course, not knowing that it was who was wrong! I eventually stumbled across the hotel I should've stayed at (the Ramkrishna Guesthouse) when I was walking to the zoo and so I ended up kicking myself for staying in a complete dump for a couple of nights. Remember, make sure you get the right place as many hotels name themselves similar names in order to try and cash in on LP recommended hotels. So don't, please stay here. There's a photo of what the Ramkrishna Guesthouse actually looks like to avoid mistake.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written June 23, 2007
Tip Photo

• husain profile photo husain
  • Reviews: 954

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Anant: Hotel Anant

On shoot and on a tight budget this time...
The hotel was a rather basic place, though reasonably clean and efficient. The rooms were airconditioned (with a non AC option available). There is a tv in the room, and hot water in the bathrooms (though usually not at night).
They serve only vegetarian food- nothing to complain about for me, and was pretty good to eat...

• Opinion of Price: least expensive