Hotel Clarks Varanasi

Historical Travel Trains Family Travel
See Amenities

Hotel Clarks Varanasi

by written on April 25, 2011

I am a solo female traveller and I am always concerned about security, location, and cleanliness. The staff at the Clarks Hotel Varanasi treated me as though I were royalty, the hotel was exceptionally clean, there were guards 24/7, and the location was excellent!
Looking forward to returning again in the near future!

Ginger USA

Directions: Fifteen minutes from the train station.

I can highly recommend staying at Clarks Hotel, Va

by written on April 12, 2009

It is always such a pleasure to check into Clarks Hotel, Varanasi as the
staff are always welcoming and the relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms and
excellent restaurant always make an enjoyable stay.

I can highly recommend staying at Clarks Hotel, Va

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 12, 2009

It is always such a pleasure to check into Clarks Hotel, Varanasi as the
staff are always welcoming and the relaxed atmosphere, comfortable rooms and
excellent restaurant always make an enjoyable stay.

Quiet interlude

by written on August 2, 2007

“After a long journey to Varanasi how wonderful it is to check into Clarks Hotel and feel right at home. Very comfortable hotel, nice staff and good food.”

Unique Quality: When you stay in such a thriving, bustling, city as Varanasi it is so necessary to be able to relax and think about the day you have just spent. You can do this in the wonderful garden facilities at Clarks Hotel.

Directions: Cantonment close to airport or station

popoze's Profile Photo

Among the best luxury hotels in Varanasi (Banaras)

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 7, 2006

Hotel Clarks Varanasi is the flagship property of the Clarks Group. It is an island of tranquillity in the ancient city of Varanasi. Making the stay here truly unforgettable, are a whole range of modern amenities. The spacious rooms (113 Rooms) are aesthetically designed and tastefully furnished. All rooms have individually controlled airconditioning, attached bathrooms with hot & cold water and dryer, satellite television, free in-house movies, international direct-dialing facility, room service and work area. This Varanasi hotel is only 21 km. from the Airport, 3 km. from the Railway Station and 3 km. from the Bus Stand.

Unique Quality: Accommodation
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner for all
Railway Station transfer (one way)
Welcome drink and fruit basket on arrival
Free swimming pool facility
Half day city sight seeing or Sarnath tour or shopping tour
25% Discount on all calls
50% Discount on Indian Alcoholic Beverage only

Directions: S-20/54, Mall Road Cantt, Varanasi - 221 002, Uttar Pradesh, India

5 star rip-off

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 19, 2004

When we checked in, we were first given a room that was big, but dirty. The furniture was rickety and old. The comforteron the bed had stains on it. When we asked for it to be changed, we were told that the housekeeping staff would have to check if they had spare comforters in stock. Can you believe a 5* hotel doesn't have spare comforters?

Then I peeked into a room where the housekeeping staff was working, that room seemed a lot better than the one we were put up in. We changed to that room. The room was not clean, but it was relatively cleaner than our original one.

We went to the restaurant. The restaurant is carpetted, and the carpet is very dirty. They serve food in silver plates and the silverware is real silver. The food was not tasty but the bill was huge.The restaurant staff tends to ignore you if you are not white. The service is very poor. A glass of Orange Juice costs 60INR(USD1.25)- a very expensive class of OJ I would say!

Next day, we checked out. When we complained about the quality of the rooms and the service, we got a 20% discount. But when we spoke to the general manager of the hotel to give him feedback about the place the answer we got was "We cater to several guests. If you think the Radisson down the street is clean, it is your personal preference". I didn't know that expecting cleanliness and service in a 5 star hotel was "personal preference"!

The reason I picked a 5 star hotel is that I have a very naughty 2 year old and she is attracted to dirt like bees are to honey. I wanted a clean and hygenic place. I was totally disappointed with Clarks.

Unique Quality: Murky smell on entering.
Dirty carpets.

No relation between price and quality/service.For 4500INR(USD100)/night for the room, the place is a complete ripoff.

Food served in silver plates. But please check plates for remanents of previous meals before using them:)

In spite of this review,if you choose to stay at the Clarks, stay way from room 236.

5 star rip-off

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 19, 2004

Unique Quality: Murky smell on entering.
Dirty carpets.

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Airport Transportation

Varanasi Travel Forum

Need advice about Varanasi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Varanasi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varanasi hotel reviews

Kedar Ghat
Chousati Ghat
Digpatiya Ghat
Things to Do
Manikarnika Ghat (Cremation Ghat)
Morning Boat Trip on the Ganga
Away from the Ganga - Sacred Sarnath
Try the best Lassi in Varanasi
Mulagandhakuti Vihara Temple
Things to Do
Visit the birthplace of Buddhist teaching
Ganga aarti - Worship to Fire
Things to Do
See the river from above
The 'Burning Ghat' - Varanasi