Sita Guest House

Family Travel Backpacking Budget Travel
See Amenities
AmitS30's Profile Photo

Sita Guest House - Terrible Place to Stay with

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 2, 2013

WORST !!! and I shall never recommend anybody.

I was there from 28th March 2013 to 31st MArch 2013.

Manager MANOJ SHARMA is most dishonest and wicked person that I have met in VARANASI.
The story if u have time to read.
Recommended by one friend who has seen the position of SITA Guest House, I searched the internet and called them up. They confirmed me of Double Bed Deluxe Rooms with agreed rates. They did not share me the Bank Account details to pay advance even after following up before I reached.
When I reached, Manager MANOJ Sharma said he do not have enough rooms of my agreed category. He allotted us one big room for 2 families at same rate as I agreed when I booked. The big Maharaj rooms were not clean , not maintained, Bathrooms taps not working / Ac was very bad and noisy. We have to shout for cleaning and sweeping. No intercom for help. We have to bring our Waters from everytime we need from the only small water filter machine in rooftop restaurant or have to buy mineral waters at high rates. After lot of struggle with Manoj Sharma he allotted another room the next day evening. They called those rooms as MAHARAJA rooms but no facility works properly. He kept Double Double bed Deluxe rooms on hold , locked vacant rooms were there although bet he kept lying us constantly in the name of FOREIGNERS.
We did not leave the hotel and tried best to cooperate with them because we have 2 small children s with us and we could not run for hotels very often.
Finally the day we were leave Manoj Sharma revealed how wicked he is... he forcefully charged us double fare for the 1st day when he has allotted only 1 room. And he denied to pay attention for all the poor service that we compromised. He also took advance from me to book train ticket but did not give and we were in a very bad position and run for tickets, They charged huge amount of extra charge against every single passenger , whereas every time I asked he confirmed me that has arranged my ticket.
The roof top restaurant u will find very beautiful while r there for the 1st time. The foods are excessively charged.. which has no justification. So we have to run for food every time.
SITA GUEST HOUSE makes money CHEATING foreigners excessively. Only location can make u happy when u reach there, the poor service , condition of hotel the dishonest and cheater MANOJ SHARMA makes your stay a disgusting experience.
I would request TRIP ADVISER to disconnect SITA GUEST HOUSE Varanasi even if u find some business and save foreigners mostly from getting cheated.
Finally I felt deeply disgusted on having faith on them while I booked.

Unique Quality: Nothing almost will match their glossy website.
They keep hold of rooms and give u separate rooms. While taking money they will force u extra charge. Not all staffs are bad but if the manager is bad then everything is bad. The position of the hotel is good but not at all fit for aged persons. Because the stairs inside hotels are worst to climb.

Directions: U walk from Dashawamedh Ghat to Chaosatti ghat and climb up to the hell of Sita Guest House.

Site Guest House - Very Poor and Cheap Quality

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 13, 2011

We stayed in Site Guest House at Varanasi for 4 nights with family. We had taken the ground floor 2 room (101 & 102) and the tariff was 2000 INR per night. As per the rate is concerned, it is really very cheap quality hotel and not at all cost effective because of the following points:
1) There was no storage facility, no cupboard, no almirah.
2) The sofas inside the rooms are really dangerous, any time you can fall down.
3) Plumbing is pathetic. Whole day we will find water inside and outside of your room. Water leakage is not repaired after several complain.
4) Only single geyser water heater between two rooms.
5) There is no backup power supply for hot water/TV/FAN/AC and etc.
6) Food is extremely expensive as compared to the quality. For 4 days I received same complimentary breakfast, there is no variety too.
7) For old aged persons the location is very poor. Every time either you have to opt 64 stairs or 500 meters walk.
8) Bed sheets were not changed within 4 days. Towels were also not washed properly.
9) To go to the roof top restaurant you have to take around 100 stairs and same while coming down.
10) You will not get drinking water at rooms; you need to ask for that at least 4/5 times.

Nice place in Varanasi!!!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 9, 2008

Unique Quality: very clean rooms with wonderful views over the Ganga river, safe and very kind and helpful staff. Good choice to stay in Varanasi

Directions: Dasaswanedh Ghat

Nearby Sita Guest House

Sita Guest House

• Sita Guest House Hotel Varanasi

Address: D22 /16 Chausatti Ghat Ranaghat, Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, 221001, India

4 Photos of Sita Guest House

Amenities at Sita Guest House

• Restaurant
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Room Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

Varanasi Travel Forum

Need advice about Varanasi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Varanasi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Varanasi hotel reviews

Kedar Ghat
Chousati Ghat
Digpatiya Ghat
Things to Do
Manikarnika Ghat (Cremation Ghat)
Morning Boat Trip on the Ganga
Away from the Ganga - Sacred Sarnath
Try the best Lassi in Varanasi
Mulagandhakuti Vihara Temple
Things to Do
Visit the birthplace of Buddhist teaching
Ganga aarti - Worship to Fire
Things to Do
See the river from above
The 'Burning Ghat' - Varanasi