- Reviews: 4
Jor Pokhari Tourist Lodge: Only hotel on Jor Pokhari
The hotel is fairly basic. The challenges I faced were as follows:
1. The linen was not clean. Supply of bedsheets, towels was limited.
2. Room was small
3. There is no concept of sitting at a table and ordering food. Food is served at fixed times and orders are taken well in advance. Quality of food is just about average, serving sizes are reasonable
4. The biggest challenge is transportation to and from this place. Expect to get fleeced as choices in transportation are limited and hotel staff do not seem to be very helpful in this respect
5. Rooms do not have TVs and there is a shared TV in a lobby on both floors. Best is to have your own form of entertainment like books to read, etc.
While the govt. has set up this lodge in the Jor Pokhari Reserve Forest area, they have done little to address these issues
If you are visiting for a restful stay, this may be your place, with, I am told, a good view of the Kanchendzonga range. June is certainly not the best time to be here, since it rains most of the time and the place is covered in clouds.
Views of Kanchendzonga range can be had, but one has to be here at the right time.
As it is well away from any village / town, it is a pretty quiet place
- Reviews: 412
Sunderbans Tiger Camp: Blissfully Peaceful
We stayed in the camp because we had booked a 2 day package here. Food, boat trips, transport and entertainment was inclusive. Cost per person was R7000.000.My prices quoted below were for the two days.
Our accommodation in the Sunderbans Tiger Camp was perfect. There are different types of acommodation here, from furnished tents to air-conditioned cottages. We stayed in a cottage.
The cottages are built from stone and natural timber. Tiled marble floors were very attractive.
Very comfortable beds, modern bathroom with shower and tons of hot water, and a lovely little balcony. We loved to sit out here in the evening,and listen to the sounds of the forest.
The gardens around the cottage, and in the campgrounds. Magnificent.
Many birds sitting on the balcony and roof
the nightly entertainment (dancing and music) around a campfire
The restuarant food was very good- Buffet style and tasty.
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Explore the World
- George Powlett Apartments Melbourne
- Mantra Sirocco
- Cabana Suites
- Lloyds Baia Hotel
- San Miguel
- Hotel Jadran
- Comfort Inn Parkside
- Dolder Grand Hotel
- Hotel Central
- Bahiazul Villas & Club
- Hotel Dona Palace
- Radisson Hotel Harrisburg Hershey