Hotel Airlines

2, Kapalitola Lane, Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, 700012, India

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kolkata (Calcutta)

We are savoring Aloo ParanthaWe are savoring Aloo Parantha

The painting after restoration.The painting after restoration.

Street scene in KolkataStreet scene in Kolkata

The new bridge, KolkataThe new bridge, Kolkata

Yoga ashrams near Kolkata, volunteer opportunities including yoga

by kaiakaia

I will be in Kolkata for training in February. During March, I would like to spend one to two weeks at an ashram combined with volunteer work. Does anyone know of any around or outside Kolkata? I have been practising yoga from a very young age, and I am only aware of most ashrams in other states in India. I am not very familiar with Kolkata or West Bengal. I would appreciate any programs or ashrams you could recommend where you can volunteer in exchange for staying and practising yoga. Or, another option would be an ashram where it is budget. I am not look for spa or very expensive or luxury place. Simple is more ideal for me.

by ashisharyan

hi this is miks from kolkata,I dont know much place where u can do the work and stay there but i will surely enquire something and let i know soon. well if u wont mind i would like to show U the city and near by places and there will be an wedding the time u come here so wif u want to attend an very beautifull indian wedding U can be a part...

do let me know i have an email id that is:ashisharyan@hotmail.com

by the way have u made any kind of reservations at any places..

by ashisharyan

well i have enquired abut a few places and they will let me know so if u can send me ur email address then i can let U know for sure...

by Pushan

Hi , there is Vivekanda Yoga School near Prince Anwar Shah Road ...they
offer advanced courses . They have a website , but I don't have it's address.
You can Google Search - Vivekananda Yoga School / Ashram , Kolkata ...I believe you will find it .
Have a great Kolkata trip - the city of warm hearts !!!

Travel Tips for Kolkata (Calcutta)

Nepal visa fee

by shintarojon

(date visited : July 24, 2006)

Tourist Visa- single entry (valid for 6 months and can stay in Nepal for 2 months)

Visa fee - 1,500 rupees
1. Original passport
2. Photocopy of passport
3. 1 Picture
4. Application form

Nepal Consulate
No. 1, National Library Ave.
Alipore Road, Kolkata 700027
Tel. # 33479117

Opens from 9 a.m. - 4. p.m. daily

Traveller's note:

I was able to get my visa for just 10 minutes after giving all the necessary requirements. I was asked if it is my first time to travel in Nepal and I said yes then they immediately put the sticker in my passport and that's it!!!

Bandel, former portuguese colony, church

by sachara

North from Calcutta at the westbank of the Ganges are several former colonies and trade-settlements.
Bandel is 48 KM north from Calcutta and was portuguese.
The church from 1599 is renewed with marble.

Train Schedules from Howrah/ Sealdah.

by goutammitra

The city of Kolkata has two major railway stations Howrah Jn and Sealdah Jn. Most of the trains leave and arrive at these two stations only. Now there is another Railway station has come up in the name of Kolkata!

I have posted here a scan copy of latest Time table as on 24th of July'08. I hope people will grossly benefit from it.

Please download and then view thru' "MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER", else it will not be visible to normal eyes

Our latest Discovery at China Town:

by goutammitra about KIM POU

On last 29th May'09 we decided to explore China Town again. We had been to China Town of Tangra, Eastern Kolkata for more than 100 time in the last 4/5 years, we have been going to many places most to our favourites, Shun Li, kimling, Beijing, Big Boss, Golden Dragon etc. But that day we thought of trying some small place , our wait and search ultimately paid off. We discovered a real good eating place. The price of the dishes were almost equal to the other restaurants we normally frequent, but the food was really really delicious. In one word heavenly.

We ordered Garlic Pepper Chicken as a starter, which was liked by Munu so much that she almost consumed half of the full plate. For main course we had Mix Cantonese Rice noodle in sauce, Chilli Green Pepper Chicken, Cantonese Chinese Chopsuey.

We also learnt it's sister concern of Beijing but the cook and staffs are different. The drinks are far cheaper than Beijing and they make good cocktail. I had two Vodka based ones. The potions were good, three of us could not finish the food there. So we took a doggy bag , which Munu had next day.

The service was very good and sincere, we were served by the two boys who were very polite. We had to tip them well as they just earned it.

We shall visit this place again soon. Garlic Pepper Chicken and Mix Cantonese Rice Noodle, was heavenly.

Chimney Soup of Eau Chew

by goutammitra about Eau Chew Restaurant

Our liking for Authentic, genuine Chinese food, made by Chinese for the Chinese people took us yesterday night ( 7th June07) to explore the food of Eau Chew, at 12 Ganesh Chandra Avenue, Kolkata 700013. As per the Huang family their Grand Father Mr. Achumpa Huang, started this eatery in 1927 and brought all the brass pots from China. As per Google this is the oldest Chinese eating place in the country. This 80 year old rustles up some delicacies - all Authentic Hakka dishes that not even speciality Restaurants serve. Take Chimney Soup for example. The Huang family has been running the restaurant for four generations. The family members do everything from preparing the raw materials to cooking and serving. They dont believe in hiring cooks and waiters as the recipies are family secret. Currently the place is run by Mr. Joseph Huang and his wife Mrs. Josephine Huang. They are abely assisted by brother sister duo Joel & Jennifer Huang. Jennifer also works with a large construction co of Singapore for their project in Rajarhat, Kolkata. The food is purely of Heritage status. We thought of trying their best thing first, the Chimney soup. You dont get it anywhere and is totally different from the soup you get elsewhere. It contains, mushroom, broccoli, prawn, fish, chicken, pork and put into a pot that has Charcoal embers below to keep it hot. Then we had Mixed Veg Steamed Rice, Chinese Shop Suey and Schezuan Chicken for Munu. All the dishes we tried are very tasty & authentic. I have decided to take my VT friends out there next time. The prices are very resonable and quantity is wholesome. They dont serve Hot drinks or beer. Two person can ave meal for about USD 10-15 or Rs 500- 800 INR.

We were told that their authentic Hakka cuisine is different from Cantonese ( which relies in deep frying) and Schezuan ( Spicy & Hot) styles that prevails in other Restaurants.

Comments