Hotel Dee Empresa

12/2A, Dr.Md. Ishaque Road, (Kyd Street), Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, 700 016, India
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Kolkata (Calcutta)

The Great Banyan TreeThe Great Banyan Tree

The temple of Sri Parasnath Ji.The temple of Sri Parasnath Ji.

Chicken Haka StyleChicken Haka Style

Rickshaws in KolkataRickshaws in Kolkata

What travel agencies can I contact to book my train tickets from Kolkata to various parts of India?

by Noeleb

I am going to Kolkata first, then want to take the train to Gaya and then from there to Varanasi/ Sarnath.

Can anyone recommend a reputable travel agent there?

Thanks,

Noel

by Donna_in_India

Hi - you can book all your tickets online at www.irctc.co.in/ and you can also book tickets at the train stations as well, not necessary to use a travel agent.

by earthflyer

There is also a tourist railway booking office on Fairlie Place near BBD Bagh next to the river. I have used it many times and is very reliable.

Re: What travel agencies can I contact to book my train tickets from Kolkata parts of India?

by lynnehamman

You may book online, but only 8 weeks from date of travel.
I would suggest that you buy the train tickets at the Booking Office, Howrah Station. Documentation (passport or copy of) is needed.

by ashisharyan

Well i will ask u to buy it at the time..

by Donna_in_India

Sorry Mr. CompanionTours but advertising is not allowed here. Please read the VT travel forum guidelines:

4. Do not post commercial messages, advertising, surveys, or touting for websites of any kind. Do NOT post classified style listings selling, renting, or trading anything. These will be deleted. If you wish to advertise, take a look at our advertising section.

Why not do it yourself?

by samitbabu

Why dont you Do it yourself??

www.irctc.co.in
or
www.indianrail.gov.in/

Travel Tips for Kolkata (Calcutta)

The people are warm and friendly

by RickinDutch

More than anywhere else in India, the residents of Calcutta are very warm and friendly. Anywhere you go in the city is fairly safe, although Sudder Street seems to have an on again/off again drug problem that can cause some irratic behavior. Calcutta isn't the easiest place to find your way around. Street names change from block to block and traffic jams occur unexpectedly. I always seemed to get lost. What I always remember is how folks would just gather if you stopped and were very curious about what an anglo was doing in their neighborhood and what could they do to help. Never run across that anywhere else. If you want to gather a huge crowd - have a fender bender!

The Aquatica

by Kumarjit

The Aquatica is special place where you can virtually do everything that you would like to do in a beach. It is a huge swimming pool, where you can swim, play water games with your family and do much more. You should have swimming costumes with yourself when you go there. It is better to contact your travel guide or the hotel travel desk (where you are staying ) for the transportation. It is located quite far from the heart of the city.

Ferry

by Willettsworld

The ferry between Fairlie Ghat and Howrah station proved useful as I was staying by the station for my first couple of days in Kolkata. They operate between 8am and 8pm and cost Rs4 for a single trip across the Hooghly River. You get some good views of Hooghly Bridge as you cross the river plus some views of bathers bathing at the ghats.

Foodstalls

by nepalgoods

Normally I love to try all the food at any foodstall. But in India I was afraid of getting sick. Another problem was, that I did not want to eat in public in India, when the people around did not have anything to eat for most of the day.

I loved the nice vegetarian restaurants. I am not a vegetarian, but in India vegetarian meals are with a lot of vegetables and lentils. It is spicy and very very good.

Try Their Roasted Rabbit!!

by goutammitra about Silver Oak at Lansdowne road.

We celebrated my birthday at Silver Oak, on Lansdowne Road. The place is a very neat and cosy eating place with very reasonable price. We selected to have Roasted Rabbit ( now it is bred in farms as a substitute to red meat), Naan, Mutton Sagwala ( mutton cooked with spinach), Murg Tikka ( as starter) and Ice cream.

Roasted Rabbit was prepared exlellently to suit our Indian taste but if you insist they will make it less spicy for you. The crew behaviour is excellent, service is very efficient and prompt. They will offer you a seat in smoking area in case you prefer to smoke. A very nice place to have dinner with your near and dear!

Comments