4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

JA-1 Sector III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, 700 098, India

Hyatt Regency Kolkata
Orbitz.com Booking.com CheapTickets.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• sifrim's Profile Photo

Modern hotel,

On a business trip to Kolkata, this hotel was the obvious choice, due to its location. No complaints on the stay, actually it was a great experience. Large room, good (by India standards) Internet connectivity, excellent service, great food. Being very close to stadium, the Argentina national football team (Messi included) stayed there as well.

Unique Quality: Close to Salt Lake City business area, good Internet connection, excellent service, great food

• shantanub's Profile Photo

Best & close to the international airport

It was home away from home. Great hospitality..great food..

Unique Quality: Awa from the hustling city...neat n nice rooms...

Directions: EM Bypass Salt Lake.

• goutammitra's Profile Photo

Calcutta's Splurge Hotels.

Unique Quality: This is the most recent hotel has come up in Salt Lake City, Kolkata. It is now emerged a favoured destination for the Business executives and the I.T. industry honchos of Salt Lake.
    This offers very comfortable stay with in resonable price. Recently, some our co. executives from Zurich, who were staying in one of the splurge hotels of Kolkata, changed their stay to Hayatt, as it was equally comfortable to them at a very resonable price.

For booking please take the help of VT link.

Directions: Salt Lake City, Kolkata, Near Apollo Hospital.

• oasis in kolkata

the hyatt regency in kolkata is an oasis in the dying city.
    you distinctly get a feel of being away from kolkata.
    the location is excellent being close to salt lake stadium and near the new development areas like rajarhat.
    getting to the airport is very easy with the eastern metropolitan bypass.
    the service is excellent.
    rooms are tidy and with glass basins and open cosmo bathrooms it gives u a nice feel.

Unique Quality: from the room which had a glass facde i could see the salt lake stadium and the pool below.

at night the view was good not stunning exactly but no slums or undeveloped decay of the city.

really somebody has to wake up to transform this city.

the lobby and the lifts are good and the noise levels are low.

Directions: near salt lake stadium

• husain's Profile Photo

The Hyatt Regency

We were travelling on a shoot to Calcutta... three nights at the hyatt - and spent much of the day there too, since we were shooting within the hotel premises...

Location-- fairly close to the airport, though a bit far from town

Unique Quality: Modern/ new construction - functional design, and comfortable rooms. The bathrooms especially, are huge! Almost as big as the room itself:P

We had the suite available to us for a day, and its a place where one can get lost! Many rooms and many elements to pamper yourself with.

Food- usually just managed breakfast in the hotel-- good- except that it was the regular 5 star hotel fare. Wouldnt really reccomend the south indian stuff on offer though, not too bad, but you`re better off trying out the other stuff instead...

Directions: Salt lake city, 20 mins from the airport...

More about Hyatt Regency

Awesome wholesome experience at the Hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member varunjsharma

Stayed at the Hyatt Kolkata for the first time on a business trip in March this year. The property has modern architecture and looks quite avant-garde compared to the good ol' Taj Bengal. I was pleasantly surprised with the rooms and the modern fittings and overall feel of the room.

I also visited the Club Prana Spa - I must say that it is easily one of the best spa experiences I've had in recent times and helped me totally unwind at the end of my hectic trip.

However, as I compare it with Taj Bengal, the hotel would rate higher on all parameters, except for service, which is impeccable at the Taj. A lot of times I felt the staff was slow in responding to requests while the Taj always takes the cake on prompt, accurate and adequate service.

Absolute Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member LynnieBoston

We have just returned from 9 days at the Hyatt Regency Kolkata.

The hotel was amazing, rivals any 5 -star hotel in the States. The service was impecable and very attentive on every level.

We stayed on the 2nd floor with a view of the pool. Although the room size wasn't very large, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was massive - complete with marble and new amenities.

We dined at the Terrace Cafe resturant on the lower level almost every night. Although expensive (approx $15 - $20 per person) the food was consistently good and the service outstanding. Our child was celebrating his birthday and we arranged a cake for the day. The resturant manager put a special sparker on it and made sure eveything was just perfect. I can't say enough good things about it...

The spa was excellent, I got a 2 hour package and it was 4,000rps - worth every cent! They were professional and very attentive. The gym was also well-equipt with modern machines and treadmills.

If you want to be pampered and really enjoy yourself - stay at this Hyatt. It's a gem in Kolkata.

Ultra Modern Chic

by TripAdvisor Member worldtravellerLINY

We stayed here for just one night in early November because we got stuck in Calcutta after our flight was cancelled. I booked the the rooms by calling the hotel directly and they were able to give me a pretty good rate (Rs. 9000) considering Calcutta is such a big city (hotel rooms in Mumbai and Delhi are twice as much) and it was so last minute.

Upon arrival, I was so amazed at the hotel....everything from the front of the hotel, the 7 story lobby, and it's ultra chic decor. The
standard rooms that we had were huge, clean, and, again, ultra modern.
The service at the hotel was also very prompt.

The hotel is located about 16 km from the airport and is probably the closest 5 star hotel to the airport. There didn't seem to be much near
the hotel in terms of restaurants or shopping on par with the Hyatt. Most of the higher quality restaurants seem to be downtown, which can be quite a mission with traffic.

If I ever find myself in Calcutta again (doubtful) or you find yourself in Calcutta, I would definitely stay at the Hyatt Regency.

Excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member Lovegoodthings

I stayed at this hotel this Christmas day while in transit to another Indian city.This was my second stay at this hotel in 2007 and I must say that both my stays have been excellent. Apart from being clean with top quality furnishings and bathrooms - what was especially pleasant was the customer service. The staff always greeted you in the corridors and everyone went out of their way to try and attend to your needs. Being Christmas, there was a dinner buffet in the restaurant downstairs ( I forget the name) and the food was delicious. There was turkey and all the trimmings of course but we went for the Indian food - which was quite simply- extraordinary. And again the servers went out of their way to take care of you.
We did not use the pool as it was quite cool but did go down to the Spa and tried their Head Massage which was very, very good. On the whole an extremely pleasant experience. The hotel is quite close to the airport and we had booked a hotel car to pick us up. The pick up went without a hitch - good car. good driver - who could speak English.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

Everything you would expect from a 5* resort

by TripAdvisor Member gemmasnook

We stayed in at the Hyatt Regency during our stay in India in February 2008 to escape the grit and grime of Kolkata. Our stay was excellent and was everything you would expect from a 5* hotel.

The room was very luxurious with the most comfortable beds I have experienced in a long time. We stayed in one of the business suites which had breakfast and evening canopies included in the price and the food was excellent.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you want to splash out on a bit of luxury.

Great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member kindredspiritNJ

I have stayed at this hotel twice now - and had a great experience both times. Rooms are a good size with lovely bathrooms and nice amenities. Everything was super clean. I found the breakfast buffet to be very good - I've had to learn that in India more is included in the buffet than what is in front of you. You can always ask for eggs made a special way, waffles, pancakes or Indian specialties at no extra charge (which I now do).

The hotel is walking distance from an interesting open air type market (I can't recall the name at the moment). You can get some good souvenirs there - but you do have to walk through a sort of squalid block to get there. No one bothers you, but, if you are squeamish you can get a taxi ride for about 20 rupees. You have to pay a small amount to go into the market - hence you will not be bothered by beggars while there. It does seem to be a romantic hot spot for local teens though, so don't go snooping around dark corners.

There are 3 restaurants in the hotel - one Indian, one Italian and one that caters to anyone. All are good, but pricey. I did not find a reasonably priced alternative in the nearby area.

gucchi,hyatt,kolkatagucchi,hyatt,kolkata