O2 Hotel

52 V.I.P Road Ramkrishna Pally Khaikhali, Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, 700052, India
O2 Hotel
Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Kolkata (Calcutta)

Laissez FaireLaissez Faire

St.John's Church , KolkataSt.John's Church , Kolkata

My colleague Shashank and his wife Anu.My colleague Shashank and his wife Anu.

The parks in downtown KolkataThe parks in downtown Kolkata

A trip to calcutta in sept.

by DrCrazyWisdom

Hi Friends,
I'm an egyptian surgeon and actually I would be happy if u helped me in my plan to come to calcutta on sept.
18th till
26/9.
As this is the first time to me to go there so I need an advise about what I
suppose to do about the accomodation, the transportation, how i can get a sim
card......etc
One of my friends advised me about heera intern. hotel, he told me that i can get a good single room with A/C for 700 Rs a night including taxes,what do u think, is there any other places for the same but better service or same service but less rate?
Also if I want to have some fun where and what i suppose to go and do?
my mail if u would like to send directly to me is husamsamy@gmail.com

Re: A trip to calcutta in sept.

by ElCordobez

Calcutta is quite expensive and for 700 Rs you would get only a very basic room.
I don't know the Heera Hotel. Make a search on one of the hotel sites, where travellers review and rate hotels, like trip advisor...

Travel Tips for Kolkata (Calcutta)

The city is flooded with every...

by buggsbunny

The city is flooded with every type of food one can desire of having. For chinese the BARB-E-cue is lovely place to dine . As I am staying over here everything is interesting to me but still when I am away I miss my city very much.

39 hours among 49 thousand storks

by pix_d_bix

The overnight bus from Calcutta travels a little more than 400 kilometers to drop us at Raiganj, in North Dinajpur. A fifteen minutes ride on cycle-rickshaws lead us to the Kulik Bird Sanctuary. On our way we meet our first Asian Openbilled Stork, a lone glider above the Kulik River.
Later, from the guesthouse we look at trees laden with thousands of nesting storks. Last years census records declare 49,000+. These large white birds with black wingtips and tails derive their name from their bills which always remain open in the middle, probably a tool for breaking open mussels and snails.
Inside the sanctuary a meandering river is lined up with small trees bending down with birds and nests. Besides Openbilled Storks, we find glistening black Little Cormorants, Median Egrets in breeding plumes, and slate blue Night Herons. The forest floor is strewn with feathers, droppings and broken eggs which attract ants and other insects. A monitor lizard, scurries over dead leaves.
Before sundown we cruise the river on a dinghy (manual boat). White-throated Kingfishers bob on transmission lines. Pied kingfishers hover and dive-bomb. At a bend of the river we find flocks of Openbilled Storks catching mussels and deftly prying them open for a tasty morsel.
The next morning we venture into the woods, on the opposite side of the sanctuary. Red capped Babblers flit around. Spotted Doves coo softly into the misty morning air. A Jungle Crow calls out in deep bass. Pond Herons scuttle around water lilies in the marsh. A Blue-throated Barbet keeps repeating, ‘Kuturruk, Kuturruk!’
Back at the guesthouse, we climb up to the terrace to watch the storks; courting and nest-building. Looking up at the sky, we find thousands of them riding in circles on ascending thermals (hot air currents).
At nightfall a full moon pops up behind the trees, silhouetting the roosting storks. Trucks rumble on the highway. Crickets sing in choir. The enigma of night descends slowly on Kulik. We pack up to be in time for the night bus.

Rent a Private Car with Driver

by RickinDutch

Attempting to drive in Calcutta is not a smart thing to do. The amount of cars, rickshaws, trucks, trams, carts, etc., trying to squeeze thought the narrow streets is unbelievable. The one stop light in town is ignored. Police in small platforms in the middle of intersections are often ignored as well. The loudest horn driven by the craziest driver has the right of way.

The best way I found to get around the city is to rent a private car with a driver. For about $20 a day, he will take you where you need/want to go , wait for you, and take you on to the next spot.

A good rental agency we have used is Travel Cars.

I JUST CANNOT NAME only 1...

by L_Sumita

I JUST CANNOT NAME only 1 RESTAURANT....SO HERE IS A LIST OF MY FAVS!_____________________________________

GHAZAB RESTAURANT & ICE CREAM PARLOUR
34, Shyampukur Street.
Calcutta-700 004.
Phone- 555-5708
It serves Chinese, Indian, Mughlai and Tandoori dishes.
______________________________________________________

A few steps from Ghazab is MOMBASA (chinese restaurant). With cheap prices and deliciuos hot dishes !!

GOL BARI
211, A.P.C. Road.
Calcutta-700 004.
Famous for its Punjabi & Mughlai dishes. Fav menu - Kasha Maangsho :)

HONEY DA DHABA
P-54, V.I.P. Road, CIT Scheme 7M.
Calcutta-700 054.
Only vegetarian dishes available here.

KIM - LING
170 A, Sarat Bose Road.
Calcutta-700 029.
It is a Chinese restaurant serving both vegetarian & non-vegetarian food.

FILLERS
178, Sarat Bose Road.
Calcutta-700 029.
It is a fast food joint serving Indian, Italian, Mexican and American cuisine.

CRYSTAL, NEW KENILWORTH HOTEL
1 & 2, Little Russell Street.
Calcutta-700 071.
Phone- 248-2331/2311
Coffee Shop.

CHACHA'S RESTAURANT
Just a few steps from Vivekananda and CornWallis Street crossing.
Famous for its round shaped chicken cutlet. Among other favorites...are chowmein (hakka) and chilli chicken.

RAHMANIA (Lake Town)
Just opposite to East Calcutta Girl's School.
Famous for its' biriyani (both chicken and mutton).

North Indian Delight : Zaranji Raan

by goutammitra about Zaranj

On 12th October our VT friends from Bristol ( UK) Grets & husband David arrived in Kolkata for a few hours on their last leg of tour to Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sikkim & India. We had decided that we shall go for Bengali dinner but when we learnt that they will have to leavefor airport at 3.30 AM to catch flight for London, we changed our plan to have Indian Tandoor or North Indian as experimenting Bengali dish ( Its normally spicy) for dinner would require proper rest for the night.

Then we moved in to our favourite place Zaranj on Sudder Street one of the better eating places of Kolkata( They are a speciality Restaurant for North West Frontier Province Cuisine & Indian Tandoor food)
What we had was a pure delight for us and Grets & David said they were delighted too! We had Murgh Nawabi ( Chicken Reshmi Tikka Kebab), Machli ( Fish / Beckti) Masala Kebab for starter with our favourite beer Kingfisher. Then we had Zaranji Raan ( Whole Leg of Lamb marinated and then cooked in slow fire), Butter Naan ( Indian Bread made with yeast), Maa Ki Daal ( Thick Lentil soup with butter) for main course. All the dishes can be rated very high for our Indian palate, I am sure both David & Grets enjoyed it as we did.

Comments