Siesta Guest House/ 2nd Floor (Block CA-217) Sec 1

Corporate Off Block- DB- No.56, Salt Lake, Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, 700064, India
Otel.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Kolkata (Calcutta)

Botanical GardenBotanical Garden

St.John's Church , Kolkata Tomb of  the BishopSt.John's Church , Kolkata Tomb of the Bishop

The bar of Five Rivers.The bar of Five Rivers.

Poverty in KolkataPoverty in Kolkata

5 stars Hotels near Baby Memorial Hospital?

by Prince_Dubai

Hi,
I am planning to go with my father next week to have a surgery for him in Baby Memorial Hospital. I am not sure yet how long we will stay, but I am want a hotel that is nearby this hospital...I mean walking distance if possible, and I prefer 5 stars or at least 4.
This is the web site of the hotel http://www.babymhospital.org/

Please help me out and thank you in advance friends!!

by nomad7890

Did you try our friends at TravelAdvisor?

by Prince_Dubai

Thank you Nomad, but how will I know which one is close to the hospital?

by nomad7890

That part will require a bit of work. I use the Michelin site for Europe, but for India, the site that shows directions (unless someone knows of a better one) - is Google Maps. From www.google.com I entered "Indira Gandhi Road, Calicut Kerala, India" (this is the address given at the bottom of the website). You should see a little red "A". From there you could get directions to a couple of the hotels listed on TripAdvisor, and see which is the closest.

Another option is to use the "contact" link and ask them to suggest a hotel.

By the way ... when I clicked on the "Hospital Tour" link, then the "Location" link, there's quite a bit of info in the area - look beautiful!

by samitbabu

You have posted in the wrong city.
your hospital is in Calicat in the state of Kerala.

This forum is for Calcutta in the state of West Bengal.

Travel Tips for Kolkata (Calcutta)

The Indian Museum of Calcutta

by Guantanamera

The Indian Museum of Calcutta, while being essentially a slightly subpar exhibition space by world standards, contains several fascinating exhibits which are nearly impossible to find in other "more civilized" parts of the world... One thing not to be missed, is the interior courtyard with its many-arched porticos and lovely green landscaping of grass and plants, a very relaxing environment, especially if you're lucky enough, as I was, to be there during one of Calcutta's rainy downpours...

Take a tour of Kolkata's Muslim corner.

by global-drifter

I get the feeling that this part of town sees few travelers, as before long I have a crowd of people following me. They jostle in position, push and shove in order to get a better view of the westerner in the midst. The braver ones approach me, asking me where I'm from and shake my hand.

After asking if it's alright to take a picture of an eye-catching Mosque, I soon have a group of street children acting as tour guides, showing me their neighborhood and practicing their broken English. They disregard a 'Do Not Enter' sign and show me their pride and joy, a larger than average aquarium, home to several species of fish. There is no light, so I can't quite make out all the fish that they are squealing excitedly about, but I feign a great deal of interest for their benefit. When it comes time to go, the kids ask me for an autograph. They extend their hands, and some even indicate their foreheads for my scrawl. I comply, bemused, but opt instead for paper and ink. I've never given out autographs before, so I don't know quite what to write, but their smiling faces and jubilant attitude tells me I have done well enough.

Airplane

by johnbradshawlayfield

As India is a vast country a lot of time is consumed for travelling. Hence it is better to travel by air to save time. A lot of low budget airlines have been launched which are cheap, safe, efficient and comfortable. Go Air, Spicejet India, Indian, Air Deccan have their services to Kolkata.

Try their Mutton Sheek Kabab & Chicken Arsalan Kab

by goutammitra about New Arsalan at Ripon Street

Our VT friend Shadi ( Sahita7) visited Kolkata last week for five days with her parents from Tehran. We decided one day to have dinner with them. On Wednesday ( 7th April) we took them to the new Arsalan Restaurant ( It's bigger and better than Circus avenue and Park Circus branch). We also wanted to try this place and the new specialty being offered there. They proved to be true! Shadi and her mom also liked the food there.

We had Chicken Arsalan Kabab ( out of the place), Chicken Reshmi Butter masala, Chicken Reshmi Kabab, Keema Naan, Mutton Lucknow Biryani ( our favourite) and our all time favourite Mutton Sheek Kabab. All the dishes were excellent and we could not eat that much so we got it packed for home.

Video: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/vv/3621/ Undoubtedly Mutton Sheek Kabab, Chicken Arsalan Kabab and our all time favourite Mutton Lucknow Biryani!

Try their Squid Butter Pepper Garlic!

by goutammitra about KURRY CLUB of Free School Street.

In our quest to discover new eating places at affordable price, we found this new place Kurry Klub at Free School Street. This has opened very recently on 10th November. There is another Kurry Klub at Lansdowne Road also and what I learnt from them that this is their second branch.

On our anniversary on 18th November, we decided to venture out at this place. We had lunch at this place with Chicken Steak, Crispy Honey Chicken, Fish Roll with butter paper, Squid butter pepper garlic and Crepes Fantasia as desert. The food and the service was excellent but the potions are very small compared to the price. So you end up paying more to get your stomach full. There is drink served. In my view, this place is going to have tough time with high price and small potions as it is located on Free School Street, which is very near to Park Street, where competition is waiting in the name of Peter Cat, Mocambo, Quality, Sourav's and so on. They will have to serve quality food at affordable price otherwise it will be a one time visit place! I have made it clear to them that their potions are too small( See picture). Alone the taste is not going to help them to establish.

Comments