Siesta HB-171

HB-171, SEC-III, NEAR GD ISLAND, SALTLAKE, NEAR EZCC ISLAND, Kolkata (Calcutta), West Bengal, India
Siesta HB-171
Agoda.com

More about Kolkata (Calcutta)

Lower bedLower bed

The place from insideThe place from inside

The traffic in KolkataThe traffic in Kolkata

Money change receipt, KolkataMoney change receipt, Kolkata

Burma into India

by alwloch

I understand that air flight from Yangon [Rangoon] to India is expensive. I will be arriving from backpacking tours of China; Vietnam; Thailand and Myanmar in mid November. Is there a more inexpensive way to arrive in India, such as by sea ~ a ship from Yangon to say Kolkata? I understand that land routes are also closed.

by alwloch

There must be a ship coming in Kolkata from Rangoon or Thailand. Sunilsethi, how close do you live to the Ganga and the Indian Ocean?
Al

by alwloch

Sunilethi, yes of course, in a normal world; I will fly into Burma from Thailand but I understand that the airline rate to India from Rangoon is quite expensive. I do not know why except that now in China and India many people are trying to become millionaires over night. The air fare in China has really gone up. Burma has no land links with India and so the only remaining means is by ship or submarine. If I have to fly then I will, but I want my journey to last as long as possible. From Kolkata I will later travel to Delhi, Mumbai and perhaps further.

by ganesh1001

hai

i think you can check with thai airways and come from bangkok to calcutta. it will not be much costlier. other way is you can book a modest fare in makemytrip.com from bangkok to calcutta. i hope it would help. but if you take from yangon definitely it is not worth

Travel Tips for Kolkata (Calcutta)

A Bengali Marriage

by goutammitra

Page on Kolkata defenitely requires an introduction to our customs and practices. While Bengali marriage no different than the other Hindu marriages of India, but all the rituals and customs are observed in a different style. May be this is called Bengali style. Where all rituals are based on Vedic style and ritual, as also in other parts of India, it is slighltly different in nature all parts of India. Each adding different flavour to their own style and local customs. But the main rituals remain as per Vedic principles.

We experienced this Bengali marriage recently. The Bride is Vidisha and the Groom is my colleague Rajiv Banerjee.

I donno much about what...

by edachsund

I donno much about what exactly traveler will be miss while in here but for me , I would sure may come back to have a simple relex and peacefull life in the Half Moon beach. very simple and they dont even have a shelter to be lived. heheheheh! adventures what I can say. Thats for the beach lovers. quite private beside GOA. as this place seems not too many tourist around. you can count on them.

Air Time Table N.S.B.Airport Kolkata.

by goutammitra

For the benefit of my fellow traveller, I am putting scanned copy of Air timings to and from Netaji Subhash Bose Airport, Kolkata ( CCU). I am sure it will of great help to my friends.

Please download and then view thru' "MICROSOFT OFFICE PICTURE MANAGER", else it will not be visible to normal eyes.

Bengali food

by jrober37 about Kewpie's

Bengalis will tell you that you cannot buy Bengali food. Well this is pretty close to authentic. Try one of the combination platters and definitely ask the waiter what is particular good that day. A charming bungalow down a quiet lane - family style. The non-vegetarian combo - and anything with the day's fresh catch.

Beijing Part-II

by goutammitra

We normally like Chinese food as we are very fond of it. The city of Calcutta has more the 500/600 places serving Chinese food. But in the China Town (Tangra) it is authentic Chinese at a very resonable price. Therer are about 35/40 Chinese Restaurants in Tangra,some of them can even accomodate 300 persons at a time!!!

Recently , when our VT friend Junilo S. Espiritu came from Manila, we again visited Beijing of Tangra again as I like it's food and ambience besides excellent staff behaviour. Here are some of the photographs taken on 20th July with Jon. He is Teetotaller, does not even take Beer( Our Philipino friend ISA would be very happy to know) and a very poor eater. God can only help him! !But he liked the place and the food. Once he comes back from Kathmandu we shall explore other places of Kolkata. Golden Fried Prawn,Chicken Mushroom Soup & everything Chinese!!

Comments