1. In the ship, MV Makruzz, the best seats for a clear view is row 17, ‘M’ &’N’. While booking, request for these seats.
2. At Elephant Beach, take your own lunch and plenty of water. There’s no food stall at Elephant Beach.
3. The sun sets early in this part of the world. At 4 pm its bright and warm; by 4.30, its dusk and by 5 pm, it gets pitch dark. This is December last week and January-first week experience.
4. At the Cellular Jail, take an authorised guide from near the booking counter. He will tell you a lot more than what the pamphlets and books on tourism contain. He will not charge you more than Rs. 150/-
5. For the light and sound show at the Cellular Jail in the evening, go a bit early and occupy the very last row of seats. Not only is the light effects better from that vantage place but also the roof of the VIP enclosure, just behind you, will protect you.
6. Line up as soon as you see the Jolly Buoy Island to exit from the rear of the ship. Else, you have to wait for an inordinate length of time as the small boats go to and fro.
7. At Jolly Buoy, carry you lunch and water along as there is no cafeteria there. Also, no plastic is allowed. Your bags are checked at the Wandoor jetty, before boarding the ship, for plastic bags.