Bajaj Indian Home Stay

8A / 34 W.E.A , Karol Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 005, India

Hostelworld.com Priceline.com Travelocity

• Impeccable Service

During our sojorn in Delhi on 15 and 16 August 2009 nights, both myself and my husband were treated to a true touch of Indian Hospitality. While staying in Michighan we had both heard so much about the Indian Values and Lifestyle from our friends circle which re-enforced
    our views about Indian Peoples positive spreading of vibes - Surely- Lovely, Friendly race.

It's been an absorbing and entaling experience. I am sure to spead the good word to my
    friends back in United States.

Unique Quality: Different Characters depicted in this little gem of the property, reflecting Indianess all over.
    Their Theme Concept is very Unique as rooms have various Gods and Goddesses names.

Directions: Close to Karolbagh Marketplace

• Great Service

My Girlfriend Sharon chose this property while browsing on internet. We felt quite safe during our recent trip to Delhi in Feb 2009. Beds were really Comfy & believe me getting an Amazing Service in India is surely a big plus plus.

Staff were very obliging & they were eager to answer our questions related to the town.
    Location is close to Karolbagh Market & Metro train station.

Surely recommended for anyone looking for Homely touch & Splendid Service.

Kind words from me will be passed on to other travelers wanting value for money spot
    in New Delhi City.

Unique Quality: Rooms were offering a Character. Explanation by their Manager about various Themes & Concept conceived by their owners personifying Indian Ethos were an education for us
    about Indian Values.

Roof top Terrace in the property has a great evening sitdown for drinks, dinner. Donot miss
    unwinding there as would get a great view of Delhi Skyline.

Directions: Close to Metro Station. Near Pilar-122 of Pusa Road Metro.

• Preetibandooni's Profile Photo

Bajaj Indian Home Stay: A Great Value for Money

Starting from its architecture to great hospitality this hotel has a very Indian traditional touch to it. This tour was planned at a very short notice and thus I had booked Bajaj Indian Home Stay in haste, this hotel at its first impression appeared very shabby. Surprisingly my stay at this hotel turned out to be one of the most enjoyable ones. At Bajaj the rooms are bit smaller than those in the other five star hotels and yet the stay in these cozy and clean rooms is very comfortable.

The décor of the hotel is very simple and traditional that adds to the homely vibe of the hotel. The hotel is very much cheaper than other hotels in the vicinity and yet it fulfilled all my expectations. This hotel is also situated near the famous Shopping area of Karol Bagh and main modes of accommodation thus are very favorable for business travelers like me. A shopping freak as I am, enjoyed a shopping arcade in the market, buying great number of Indian specialties.

Use of the Facilities

Local calls are free and there is a fax and internet service for a nominal fee. In what they call the library which actually looks like a bedroom there is reading material which you can make use of and a computer there also. However someone was using it at the time and they allowed me to use their ‘office’ connection to plug in my laptop. This was under a very cramped area of the stairs in stifling conditions but they didn’t charge me with my ½ hours usage.

Unique Quality: The lovely doorman seemed more intent on helping me with my questions than did the guy at the front desk and offered to get me a small complimentary map that the hotel offered. He assured me it was fine for me to walk around the area on my own and was beaming when I arrived back safely. There is a hotel car to use but beware that this will probably be double the cost of the local taxi. The hotel will however organize a local taxi for you if you ask. Be sure to ask the price and then confirm with the driver before you take off. The train station on Pusa Road is only a few blocks away.

Small But Comfortable Rooms

The rooms are small but comfortable and each one has a different theme. I’m not sure all have a window but mine was a small window in the bathroom facing the street. The street was reasonably small and quiet so there was no noise problem. The bathrooms are very tastefully done with most things you need being provided. A newspaper is free every morning.

A Warm Welcome

On arrival you will get a welcome drink while you are checking in and having your luggage taken to your room. The entry area is beautifully decorated with a very small reception area (a small desk). The flight of stairs will take you up to two other levels of the hotel. I didn't see an elevator however your bags are taken up for you.

More about Bajaj Indian Home Stay

Wonderful staff

by TripAdvisor Member charlottesmom

My daughter and I stayed at Bajaj homestay in 2005, 2006 and my daughter stayed there in 2007. She is now looking forward to staying at the end of April 2008. We had a wonderful time there and found the hotel to be very clean and well cared for. The food was very good and the staff was extremely helpful. I would trust the staff for every need and totally believe them to be honest. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Of course you can stay at more expensive and luxurious places, but I do not believe that you could find more caring staff. They had our safety in mind always and were courteous and consciencous.

Staff and management not honest

by TripAdvisor Member parfum

The management and staff are not honest here. The drivers tried to charge us for what was promised to be a complimentary taxi, saying it was a 'deluxe' taxi. They do not offer room discounts unless you specifically ask/beg for them before you book the room. I brought up these and other complaints to Mr. Bajaj by email after returning to the US and he basically said that his staff didn't lie to us about the taxi and that the 'cut throat' business leads him to charge more for rooms, etc. He didn't apologize for what was clearly a lie told by his staff and was pretty rude in our exchange of emails.

The room was clean and nice but they charge double to quadruple the price of a hotel of similar quality. I thought the Grand Godwin Hotel was just as nice w/ better service and awesome restaurant. The Bajaj gives you some papaya or banana, average chai/coffee, bread, jam- nothing spectacular at all. The food here is just average.

Also there's not much to do in the Karol Bagh area. It is quiet, like the suburbs so you have to take a taxi or rickshaw to get to anywhere interesting.

Don't go, you have more nice place and hotel in Delhi

by TripAdvisor Member VlaIla

Don't go, you have more nice place and hotel in Delhi.
And especially if they offer hotel that is "connected" with them.

No Mid Range accomidations in Delhi??

by poppajon

I'm haveing a very hard time finding a decent rated, clean, mid range accomidation for Delhi. Something around the 10,000 R, $100 range. Can anyone make any suggestions? I want my first experience with India to be decent.

-pj

by Donna_in_India

Hi - can't help you with any accomodations but $100 is only about 4,100 Rupees.

by IsabelBalboa

Even 7 years ago we found no decent mid priced arrangements, maybe splurge the first night or two and while you're there scout out a new location that is cheaper. It's all about seeing the place for yourself before deciding. We ended up staying at one of the big state run hotels which was more comfortable (relatively) than the private hotels we found.

by ladagspa

You can stay at Bajaj Home Stay within your budget.

by maneckk

Hi there
Try these indian websites
www.makemytrip.com
www.yatra.com
www.cleartrip.com
www.travelguru.com
All these websites will give you a lot of options within your budget but (Rs.10,000 = $250) ($100 = Rs.4,000) so keep that in mind.
If you like a hotel on any of these sites you can book them online, but i would suggest that you look up these hotel websites also after shortlisting them and before booking them.
Take care and best of luck, lemme know if you have any further queries.

by mrrobin03

HI
How arwe you ?
if you are not looking in centerl city than you can have a good hotel
you can find with [westen inn] they have good room and good resturant or
can see [ashok centry resort this will cost you 100$ to 150
wish you luck

by shoma

yes you can get many guest houses in delhi in this budget. try the website

www.travel-library.com/asia/india/delhi

and you can book your rooms too online.

happy travelling.

by robine

Hotel Kaniska might be worth investigating.

by maneckk

hi hotel kanishka does not exist any more its been taken over by another chain and is called Hotel Shangri La

by Capt_India

There are a quite a few guest houses in that range. If you want help with specifics let me know. you can mail me.

by Capt_India

Its actually INR 3900 just now....:(

by Grant06

You would find great accomodations for $100. You can even hit 5* during offseasons. Try the Indian Websites listed above..or try travelocity.co.in

Comments