Divine Inn

7 B, Dr. C.V. Raman Road, Near Gurudwara, New Friends Colony, Near Gurudwara, New Friends Colony, Ne
Divine Inn
Agoda.com Booking.com MakeMyTrip.com

More about Delhi

The Park Near my ResidentThe Park Near my Resident

Polyfoil and pointed archesPolyfoil and pointed arches

Decorative medallion in Asfarwala Mosque - Feb 09Decorative medallion in Asfarwala Mosque - Feb 09

view from the roadview from the road

<><><> Iran to India <><><>

by mdgoo

Dear friends
I want to travel from Iran(Tehran) to India(Delhi) would you guide me what cities is best way for me?
I prefer to go by bus & train.
THX
Your sincerely MD

Re: <><><> Iran to India <><><>

by maneckk

Hello there, i would like to welcome you to delhi first and wish you a pleasant stay here. Delhi is well connected by road and train network and the closest cities you can travel too are
Jaipur 250 kms by road
Agra 200 kms
Chandigarh 220 kms
Shimla 300 kms
Depending on your interests you can visit a lot of cities in and around delhi, but foreign travellers mostly love Agra(City of Taj) and Jaipur, you can actually travel by road from delhi to agra, then agra to jaipur and from jaipur back to delhi. Its called the Golden Triangle.
Best of luck for your trip and write back if you need any further info. Take care.

Re: <><><> Iran to India <><><>

by ganesh1001

if you want to visit south india, i can help you out. south india offers both natural beauty and pilgrimage centres. it depends on want you wnt to see. if you want to see historical places go to hyderbad. india is packed with full of hindu temples. so you can visit some natural sites like bangalore - gardencity, kovalam - beach resort, kumarakam - bird sanchuary, allephey - famous for boat journey, munnar - a hill resort, kodaikannal - a hill resort, ooty - a hill resort, thekkady - a wild life sanchurary and lot. if you want to know more contact at elabs.in@gmail.com

Travel Tips for Delhi

The Lotus Temple

by Bjorgvin

Visit the Lotus Temple. This temple of the Bahai faith is visible from several spots in south Delhi where it is located. It is lotus shaped and from the air looks like a lotus flower floating on water. It is open to all faiths and is a lovely place for meditation in peace and tranquillity.

Clothes for the children

by Jontxu

Usually people go to India thinking about the shopping possibilities and tend to travel with a light luggage, what we did is to ask some friends and colleagues if they had children clothes to bring there. We end up travelling with a few things for ourselves, but we packed our luggage with lots of things we brought to an orphanage as soon as we arrived in Delhi. You won´t have trouble finding one because unfortunately India is full of them.
I don´t think this is a big effort however it´s an easy way to help all this people who do not have too much help, I am sure you´ll feel a little bit better after that.

Jim Corbett National Park

by RAJASTHANBYCAR

Located in the foothills of the Himalayas is the majestic Corbett National Park. Home to a variety of flora and fauna, Jim Corbett National Park is famous for its wild population of Tigers, Leopards and Elephants.

Taxi Service

by ellsasha

As this was my first trip to India and I was traveling alone, I decided to use the taxi service of Mr. Mahavir Yadav, a gentleman (in the truest sense of the word) who I met through the Virtual Tourist site. He collected me at the airport and drove me to the hotel. Then for the next two and a half days drove me around the city, suggesting wonderful places to see, in addition to the ones I had already planned to visit. A train journey of 1 week through Rajasthan was part of my trip and Mr. Yadav dropped me at the station in Delhi and returned to collect me one week later, he then drove me up into the Himalaya stopping at Corbett National Park en route. My trip to India would have been so much harder had I not had a driver (I could not afford the luxury prices of some of the tour operators) and found Mr. Yadav's fees very affordable, and his knowledge of the areas I traveled to with him helped in finding hotels to suite my budget. His car is well maintained and always immaculately clean. His professionalism and interest in the well-being of his clients is outstanding. He can be contacted by e-mail at mahavir_yad@hotmail.com and for an overview of places he drives to go to www.rajasthan-by-car.com. I will be pleased to answer any questions regarding his services.

Delhi is very well connected...

by virattravels

Delhi is very well connected by Air. Within India the Rail Network is really huuuge, gigantic. Connectivity from Delhi to other big cities is very good, modern airconditioned fast trains ply. They cost 1/4th of what air would.
Auto Rickshaw is the most flexible way to travel around who does not have a vehicle. Enjoy the bumpy ride ;). They charge by meter and an associated fare calculation chart.

If you dont mind to rough it out a little try DTC - Delhi Transport Corporation's public service. Wear your jogging shoes and push the man standing on entry hard to make you way in.

At the airport / railway station just name your destination and get a prepaid ticket (Cab or Auto Rickshaw) to save yourself the hassles of keeping a tab on whether driver is going around in circles or not.

City Cabs are also available and are painted black and yellow. They charge by the meter and an associated fare calculation chart.

You get Cabs by the day also and they cost around 600 Rupees (13 USD) for 80 KM to be covered in 8 hours. I haven't come across services which rent out self driven vehicles.

Comments