Gold Regency Hotel

Priceline.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Delhi

Ramada Plaza HotelRamada Plaza Hotel

Pointed arches of western wallPointed arches of western wall

Khas Mahal's arches and domeKhas Mahal's arches and dome

India GateIndia Gate

2 x 15 hrs in Delhi: what to see

by Ems_8674

Hi there. Got a layover in Delhi of about 15 hours on the way to Bangkok and the same again on the way back. Would like to get a transit visa to make the most of it but Delhi seems so big with tonnes to see and do. Never been to India before. Any recommendations? Thanks.

by lynnehamman

It really depends on what interests you. And bear in mind that traffic at peak times in Delhi can cause delays, so don't cut the time too short to get back to airport.
I have a number of 'things to do ' tips on my New Delhi page- there is a link on my homepage (just click on it and scroll down page)

by aarushi.khanna

Dear Ems_8674,
You will have around 3 hours journey through flight, this will a bit of exhausting, but not much. So ... you will have 2 X 15 hours to visit delhi. As usual beware of Traffic. :) ...

This is not enough time to know about Delhi, although you can visit some places like Akshardham, Lodhi Garden, Gandhi Memorial - Raj Ghat, Humayuns Tomb and LOTUS TEMPLE. But the most important thing arrange all of the destinations as you get back to airport on time.

by sumit394

hi dear... if you have not confirmed any plan for layover time in delhi so i can suggest you something or maybe tell you best to make out of your time.

you can travel few nice place but it depends upon your flight time etc.

you can reach me back at info.sumitkumar@gmail.com for further details

tkcr

Travel Tips for Delhi

The lalit:a foodie's paradise

by anjusingh

When my husband and I decided that the first few days of our honeymoon we would stay in Delhi before proceeding elsewhere, we picked up The Lalit New Delhi, because someone had suggested it. And we were really happy that we selected it. While my husband is a bit traditional in his food habits (he likes his food strictly North Indian), I love experimenting on different cuisine. So while he, I’m sure, is raving about the food at Baluchi, I can certify that the oriental food I had at The Woks at the hotel was amazing. I have had this cuisine at several places, but this had to be the best. And my husband says the same about Baluchi where incidentally I second him because it was really very good.
The best part was that we could test out so many different variety of food within the premises of the hotel itself. Even the buffet at their 24/7 restaurant was lavish and of a wide variety. And while I cannot vouch for the ‘products’ of the 24/7 bar even though the mocktail I had was very good, my husband says the cocktails were exotic. In fact it was a bit of a regret that we couldn’t stay here much longer since we had to move on to Goa. But we’ll be back, just as I told the hotel staff when we checked out!
Anju Singh, Ludhiana Staying at the Lalit and eating that gorgeous food that i'll miss

Delhi maps

by husain

At the Domestic and International airports in Delhi, there are some useful maps of the city available. They also have some important numbers and other info about the city- sightseeing, restaurants, shopping, and autorickshaw and taxi fares...

Packing List

by j-san

A BIG suitcase - with lots of empty space!!! I never have enough space...... End of March/April was HOT even for one as unfrazzled by the heat as me. Then came my second visit in what should have been the cooler monsoon season of July/August 2002. Instead, Delhi was hit with a drought. Anyway, this is the stuff I can't live without and I am glad I brought: electrolyte powder (read: Pocari Sweat powder!), oil-free moisturiser, eye-drops (and on the road the air is dry and dusty), Vitamin C, tea-tree oil (a cooling anti-biotic and anti-fungal), cotton underwear, cotton socks, my Nikes and my sandals, and cotton handkerchief to mop brow ;) .

I heard about not wearing perfume as it is supposed to attract mosquitos... However, when I first visited in March/April I did not wear perfume and was bitten several times. Second visit in July, I was behaving just as I would at home i.e. I wearing my perfume, usual sleaveless tops etc. and didn't get bitten. Malaria: How is it that the middle-class (Indians and foreigners) do not fall sick as they go about with normal modern lives, while generally only the poor do? My theory is that fears of malaria etc. are not relevant to those who are healthy and staying in this city. If you should fall sick, you are in the right place in any case. Basically just brought stuff that makes me happy and refreshed. Anything else you may need you can get here!

Well, not actually off the...

by j-san

Well, not actually off the beaten... but a same day visit to the Taj Mahal at Agra is doable. The official government sponsored Delhi Tours offers one going there by bus (cost is about 300Rs? I think), several times a week, ph: 3365358, 3363607. I wanted to do this one, but it fell on the wrong day of my schedule. For more on my Taj trip adventure, see my India page!

Local Buses

by SirRichard

Local buses in Delhi are rather chaotic and not very modern. As the taxis were pretty cheap, we moved around by taxi, but I guess taking a local bus to somewhere might be an interesting experience anyway...

Comments