Hotel Hari Piorko

4775, Main Bazar, Near 6 Tooti Chawk Pahar ganj, Pahar ganj, New Delhi, National Capital Territory o
Hotel Hari Piorko

Qala-i-Kuhna Masjid - Feb 09Qala-i-Kuhna Masjid - Feb 09

World Peace StupaWorld Peace Stupa

Delhi

by sadaf1976

Anyone female or male who would be in Delhi between the 27th November to the 16th November... I am missing a travel partner. It is my first time....

And if anyone can recommend a hotel (budget one or cheap one)

Re: Delhi

by NYTim

I recently stayed at the Blue Triangle YWCA -- very good value and close to everything.

Best Budget Hotel in Delhi

by Hanahh

I stay in this Hotel last month. This hotel is very good. First I tell you that its location is perfect, very close to 5 minutes from new delhi railway station and 10 minutes way from Cannaught Place (the main city centre. It is also close to Karol Bagh shopping market. All the staff of this hotel is very nice.
In my opinion Ajanta Hotel is a very good Hotel and nice place in Delhi.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Best Budget Hotel in Delhi- Hotel Ajanta

by Hanahh

I stay in Hotel Ajanta last month. This hotel is very good. First I tell you that its location is perfect, very close to 5 minutes from new delhi railway station and 10 minutes way from Cannaught Place (the main city centre. It is also close to Karol Bagh shopping market. All the staff of this hotel is very nice.
In my opinion Ajanta Hotel is a very good Hotel and nice place in Delhi.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Re: Delhi

by NYTim

Do not trust anyone who has no postings. I had a friend stay at Hotel Ajanta and he told me is was a bug ridden pit.

Travel Tips for Delhi

odd-but i love the Delhi...

by shalin

odd-but i love the Delhi roads!Delhi's a circular city(and a very huge one!),so it's impossible to get lost!The roads are well maintained(although not well lit)and there are signs everywhere.Quite an experience!lol:) Dilli Haat-Here's where you can find numerous kitsch items from Indian states at the cheapest rates!Beaded bags,junk jewellery,crockery and wooden items are just a few of the choices!..
Oh,did I mention the delicious food?!:)Take your pick-eat Kashmiri,Goan,Punjabi,Maharashtrian or Assamese today-and then come back tomorrow to eat the rest!!!:)

National Museum - Located on...

by husain

National Museum - Located on Janpath, National museum is one of the treasure houses of the our glorious past. The museum has a large collection of excavated items many of which date back to 2nd and 3rd century B.C. The museum has separate section for the Harrapa (Indus valley civilisation) collection. Recently the museum added a very interesting section of Jewellery collection. Apart from the regular sections the museum has regular exhibition on different themes. Information about any such exhibition can be obtained from the museum itself or from the tourist offices. A daily film show is organised in the auditorium of the museum and it is closed on Monday.

National Rail Museum - National Rail Museum is located In Chanakya Puri. It is unique in its collection of rail engines and locomotives. India was among the countries which had railway lines since 19th century. The locomotives in the museums are displayed in open. But they also have a small in house museum which gives the details of the progress and development in the history of railway in India.

Aggressive camel jockeys

by NedHopkins

Just over the Hapur Bypass, a bridge over the Yamuna River, I asked my tuk-tuk driver to stop so I could get a picture of these camels. After I took my shot, someone approached the tuk-tuk and demanded 100 rupees. I didn't know he had some connection to the riders; he must have, because when I refused the four camels boxed us in. They held us captive for a couple of minutes. The riders' audacity angered me; I said 'No money!,' my driver said something (in Hindi I assume); and the camels moved off.

Indian outfits

by uglyscot about Fabrindia

The shop has all kinds of Indian garments, long and short kurta, with short or longer sleeves; shawls etc. Kurta.
These are available in cotton or silk or a mixture. The designs are very nice. from under a 1000 rupees to more. We bought one for 767 rupees and a classier one for 1367 rupees, as gifts for our daughters.

Local Buses

by illumina

We took local bus 505 from New Delhi Railway Station out to the Qutb Minar, which proved to be very easy, convenient and above all cheap - only 10 rupees each way! You're surrounded by daily life, people commuting to work, and children to school, sellers of food and all sorts of other commodities leaping on and off!

I found it a really good way to get out into the outskirts of the city, and a good way to see the people of Delhi at the same time.

Comments