4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Sardar Patel Marg, Diplomatic Enclave, New Delhi, Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 021, India

Tingo.com Expedia.com Otel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Hotel Maurya Sheraton & Towers, New Delhi

Hotel Maurya Sheration & Towers Located in the heart of the Diplomatic Enclave, offers a view of Delhi's green forested ridge provide guests the finest in hospitality and personalised service in an atmosphere of gracious elegance.

Unique Quality: The hotel provides a Beauty Parlour, a Barber shop, Safe Deposit Boxes, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Swimming Pool, Health Club, Shopping Arcade, Pastry Shop, Florist, Golf, Tennis and Yoga. The Maurya is the only hotel with an exclusive lounge at the international airport.
    One of the hotel's restaurants, The Bukhara which serves food from the North-West Frontier has featured in Time and Newsweek magazines for its cuisine. The other restaurant for fine dining is the Dumpukht, which serves royal Indian cuisine from Lucknow, Hyderabad and other places. The hotel also has a very popular coffee shop which serves lunch and dinner buffets.

Directions: From International Airport: 15 km.Railway Station: 8 km.

More about ITC Maurya New Delhi

Makhani dal to die for

by travelmad478 about Bukhara

Bukhara, in the ITC Maurya Sheraton Hotel, is one of the best places to eat meat in Delhi. Try the roast lamb, which is practically a religious experience. I also cannot get enough of their makhani dal, which is some of the richest food you'll ever eat. If you can't fit in enough at one sitting, don't worry--they sell it in cans to take home. If it weren't so heavy, I'd fill my whole suitcase with it.

Superb Northwest Indian Cuisine

by MM212 about Bukhara

Located at the ITC Maurya Sheraton Hotel in New Delhi, Bukhara serves dishes from the north-western region of India. This type of cuisine is typically in the form of very richly flavoured kebabs served without rice, which is unusual for Indian cuisine. The restaurant has received many notable mentions and became famous when it was visited by Bill Clinton, and for this reason some say it is somewhat over-hyped. However, if you brought your expectations down to a reasonable level, you would enjoy a very savoury meal, possibly one of the most delicious in New Delhi. It was for me.

Overrated ripoff

by dosamimosa about Bukhara

While the ambience and surroundings seemed nice and we had heard such wonderful things about this restaurant that we decided to splurge and try it out while visiting Delhi in late November 2008. While the food was decent, definitely not worth the price paid for the quality as we ate much better and for much less at quite a few other restaurants. Our biggest mistake was ordering one single bottle of wine. Upon arriving we were given the wine menu. We asked for a couple different bottles, but each time they would come back and tell us they were out. The waiter kept telling us to try the "Cloudy Sauvignon". Finally, we said, "Ok, we'll try it." The wine was decent nothing to write home about. At the end of our "average" dinner we received our check and were shocked to find out the cost. They had charged us 6,700 rupees ($134 US) for the one, single bottle of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2008 (a New Zealand wine). Upon seeing this, we promptly called the waiter over who was not helpful and who told us, "We had the seen the price in the menu." Not satisfied with his answer we asked him to bring the manager over. The manager was also less than helpful and said the same thing. He was not willing to budge or even apologize for the mishap. We felt completely duped and scammed and at of all places the nice, fancy restaurant at ITC Maurya Sheraton Hotel. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone solely on principal and the way we were treated just for asking about the price. They need to take better care of their guests in the future. By the way, you can buy a bottle of Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2008 in the United States and online for approximately $24.99 US and I recently went to a restaurant in Las Vegas that had it on the menu and sold it for $55 per bottle. None. See above on why I do not recommend Bukhara.

Sleepless night and not child friendly

by TripAdvisor Member jinUk

We booked through SPG and had the option of the Meriden or Sheraton. We chose Meriden for our first night and then Sheraton for the 2 separate stays we planned during our golden triangle tour.

We are a family of 4, our children aged 6 yrs and 4yrs. We would describe ourselves as a well travelled family who have experienced some fantastic 5 star hotels across India and Asia .

We were travelling back from Amritsar on a late train and phoned the hotel to arrange pick up at the train station. We were pleased to find the driver at the allocated spot holding a name card so he could be easily identified. He speedily packed all 4 suitcases in the car and got us to the hotel in quick time.

On our first stay ( 1 night ) we had the unfortunate experience of being there at the same time as government officials were holding some sort of conference. So as you can imagine, after a 5 hour train journey we had to go through security checks before entering the hotel ( including my 6 year old and his cuddly dog).

This was followed by us having to use the staff lift ( via the store rooms ) as the guest lift was not working for some reason.??

We had a newly refurbished room which could not be faulted in anyway. It was ultra modern and the kids loved it, even though it was close to 1am by the time we got in.

The morning breakfast was to die for - as in most 5 star hotels in india, with an array of breakfast options for every taste.

Unfortunately our second stay ( after our tour ) was not so great. We were checked into the 5 th floor in an old style room , below the restaurant ( which we later found out was being refurbished.)

It was comfortable and we just did not have the energy to complain to be moved to a newly refurbished room so we made do.

We booked a club room which meant we could have complimentary cocktails in the evening. We paid extra for this . We were VERY disappointed to find that the children could not go into the Dublin Bar, or in fact any of the bars that were serving the complimentary cocktails. What really upset us was that there was no mention of these restrictions when we booked. When challenged we were advised that it was government policy? That was strange we thought - the Meriden were tripping over them selves to serve the children snacks whilst we enjoyed cocktails?

After some discussion with the duty manager they allowed us to go into the business club lounge and the children were served soft drinks , the snacks were disappointing too.

What really became the final straw for us was on our last night we were disturbed at 11pm. 3am and 5am with what sounded like furniture being dragged across the floor in the restaurant above . We were told that it was being refurbished and hence the noise but they would put a stop to it. Despite our phonecalls down to the duty manager the noise would stop for a short while then wake us again, which did not help considering we were catching a flight the next morning.

We complained to the duty manager when we came to check out and they did not charge us for the room that night - however they still charged nearly £70 worth of tax???

The hotel whilst 5 star, modern and luxurious was definately not child friendly and is more for business people. We will not be staying there ever again.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member mmyk72

Stayed here for a week for business. I was told my room was upgraded at check-in. On the fire escape map, it did seem that my room (in Tower 1) was indeed a bit larger than others.

My room entrance leads to a small hallway that opens to a bathroom and closet area. The bedroom is separate. The room is extremely spacious and modern. In fact, it's one of the nicest hotel rooms I've been in. There is a flat panel TV (37 in?) and several English cable channels were available (HBO, CNN, BBC, Bloomberg, Travel, National Geo, etc.)

The breakfast buffet (included with room) is really good. Great selection (Indian and Western). It's hard to not find something suitable. I was afraid of getting stomach bug, but that never happened eating in the hotel.

Service is excellent all around. There was a fruit plate in the room that's replenished daily. Chocolate is provided on some days. The linens and towels were always fresh and newish. The front door staff (in white traditional uniforms) were always cheerful and ready to help.

Check-in was a bit chaotic. There were a lot of people working behind the counter, but one would pass me to another. Other customers were cutting in to speak to the employee who is in the process of working on my check-in. I'm used to a more systematic approach in other hotels.

Only a few downsides: 1) my air-condition stopped working and had to lose an hour of sleep while someone fixed it. 2) Banging noise on the morning of my last day, which I intended for sleeping late to recover.

Bukhara restaurant is way over rated

by TripAdvisor Member rish79

Although the hotel is OK (I wouldn't say world class), the restaurant Bukhara, is terrible.

The tiny menu forces you to choose from the limited choices they provide. In addition, the waiters seem as if they have never waitered before, different ones coming to ask for a drinks order and a dessert order twice!

In addition, I complained that their "Rasmalai" wasn't upto scratch and wasn't an original, the way the rest of India makes. The waiter argued that it was exactly as written and I had it wrong. He had the gall to stand there and argue with me...and didn't even take it off the bill, although we stopped eating it after the first bite.

This restaurant is surviving on business travellers with nowhere else to go. Out in the real world of restaurants, their terrible service, average food and expensive prices would make sure they close down fast!

Great business hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mullarted

We stayed here twice each for one night during out stay in India. This really is a first class business hotel. I booked using Starwood points. My first room was very small and cramped but I was upgraded for my second room to a much larger room with a seating area and huge bathroom.

We frequented both bars in the hotel. The Irish themed bar was dark and dingy but surprisingly appeared to be the more exclusive of the two bars. I preferred the golf bar which was just like any other business hotel bar to be honest.

I found the concierge most helpful and they were able to track down an India cricket t-shirt for me and have it delivered to the hotel.

The best part about this hotel however is the Bukhara tandoori restaurant. Voted one of the best restaurants in the world I ate there twice and on each occasion found the food to be incredible. Go for the raan of lamb, you will not regret it.

Awesome restaurant

by TripAdvisor Member Peech

We had a room in the "new" wing (but not the top level), and the rooms were nicely decked out but a little small. A very short overnight stay so didn't get to enjoy most of the hotel's facilities.

We did go back for dinner at Bukhara, and it was one of the best Indian meals we have ever had anywhere in the world.

restaurant reservation

by cruzmilagros

How can I make a reservation for dinner in the
Bukhara Restaurant in Delhi?

Re: restaurant reservation

by leics

If you mean the Bukhara restaurant in the ITC Maurya hotel, New Delhi, you can find contact info on this page:

Re: restaurant reservation

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

Maybe this helps:

Bukhara Style Restaurants, Restaurants & Bars, Restaurants (Meal For 2 Between RS 250 To RS 500)
Mr Mr Rajinder Khare,Mr Wilson