Indira International Hotel

B-32, Masood Pur, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110070, India

Indira International Hotel
Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 59% less but rated 28% lower than other 3 star hotels

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Indira International Inn

On my way from Goa to Ladakh I stopped for a day and night in Delhi. I didn’t want to go all the way to
    downtown Delhi but wanted to stay somewhere closer to the airport, but also somewhere where there were things to do for the day. When I arrived to the airport I asked at the tourist information for a good place to stay. They recommended Indira International Inn. A woman showed me on the map and also told me it was near a shopping mall. Well, it turned out she pointed at a location several km away from where the hotel was really situated. She phoned the hotel and arranged for a taxi. Indira International Inn is situated 6km from the airport, but as it was heavy traffic it took 30 minutes to go to the hotel (it was quicker in the opposite direction next morning). For the taxi I paid Rs 283 at the tourist information (coming back to Delhi I paid Rs 225 for a prepaid taxi going much further).

At Hotel Indira International they told me the room was Rs 2200 with tax, but when I told them that the woman at the tourist information had said that I should pay Rs 2000 (July 2010) and not more they accepted it. My room was on the 4th floor, and as the hotel is situated down a narrow alley away from the main street it was very quiet. The room was clean and had a bathroom, TV and air condition. But as in many Indian hotels there was only a blanket on the bed and no top sheet. And as always I got a sheet when I asked for it. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is room service and there is a menu in the room. Just down the alley, by the main street, there is a restaurant tough.

After checking in I went for a long walk looking for a bookshop I had seen on my map. It turned out it was closed. Well, there was nothing else to do near the hotel so I took an auto rickshaw to Qutb Minar, and after visiting a public bus back.

When I checked in I asked for a taxi for the next morning at 4.30. I asked again when I came back in the evening and they told me it was already booked. When I came down to the reception at 4.30 the next morning the man in the reception looked very surprised and I think he fixed something very quickly. Soon there was a car outside (no taxi) and a yawning driver who looked like he just woke up. And before leaving they told me “Very good driver”! Well, I arrived in time to the airport and for the taxi I had paid Rs 300 at the hotel.

More about Delhi

The Cab with Number to Call :-)The Cab with Number to Call :-)

Lal Mandir - March 2009Lal Mandir - March 2009

Architectural DetailsArchitectural Details

children going to school early in the morningchildren going to school early in the morning

New Delhi to Kathmandu

by bosanskinacin

I am arriving to New Delhi on the 28th of October 2007.

How long is long enough in New Delhi to see the sights and soak up a little of the culture?

Has anyone traveled overland to Kathmandu from New Delhi? What is the fastest way?
What is the most cultural or scenec way?

Please help.
I will buy a guide book when in New Delhi but before then I am bookless.

by into-thin-air

There is a Lot to see in Delhi, how long you stay there will depend on how much time you have available !!! But allow at least 3 full days !!
You have to main ways to overland to Kathmandu, Bus all the way or train and bus, the latter is in my opinion the more comfortable option even if it is slightly slower !!.
I have written a few ideas of must see things on Delhi and also quite a few ideas on Nepal – maybe they will be of use to you until you get your guide book ;-)
If you need more info then feel free to drop me a line
Happy Travels
Rob

by ashisharyan

hi mate this is miks from calcutta well i went 2 delhi a cupl of months back and let me tell u it was one of the best place i visited it has a lot of cultural and modern things to offer u have 2 be there 2 believe it...but one thing for sure that u have 2 be aware of the auto-drivers as they cheat u until u are not left with a single penny just get the locals info while u travel somewhere...

by mili_143

Hi,
When i traveled from delhi to kathmandu 5years back i went to sonauli which is border of india at nepal end. Than i crossed border by walking at nepal end than got another bus for kathmandu. It was just great journey. WHile traveling i had lots of fun.
Enjoy
Milind

by rjaparidze

AND how long it takes to get there?
thanks
r

by bosanskinacin

Thank you all for your response. I made it to Kathmandu by having had to fly. I will catch a bus back to Delhi. everything seems so clear now.

xx

Travel Tips for Delhi

Third city of Delhi - TUGHLAQABAD

by Rupanworld

The third city of Delhi was built by Ghiyas-ud-din Tughluq between 1320AD and 1325AD and was named after him as Tughlaqabad, It was however abandoned due to the scarcity of water. Please read more about the city and its remains in my Things to do tips.

i told u something bout the...

by golu

i told u something bout the culture shock.if one thinks rationally then this has nothing to do with culture but with the infrastructure and the atmosphere. but then if u are coming to india the infrastructure is not what u must be looking for...
the culture of this country can only make you feel better.u sahll find a fusion of all sorts of ideologies brought into peaceful coexistence

A lot of people miss the...

by indyj001

A lot of people miss the indian way of living as they are more often moving in fancy places .
Try to see places on foot.
During the day you can do this .Avoid this during the night,as delhi is big and you might get lost.

since there is not much of...

by golu

since there is not much of night life the best place for nught life has to be a bar . remember! it gets dark early in india... if u visit delhi in the summers then u cannot afford to wear anything more than a t-shirt and a pyjama even at nights . but if u are visiting in the winters then even two pulovers might not suffice

New Airport plans

by husain

With the huge boom in foreign and domestic tourists, as well the number of airlines taking to the skies in India, there has been a huge investment in the construction of new airports in India.
There are brand new airports at Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore, plus new terminals at Bombay, Jaipur and a bunch of other cities. Besides these, every major city seems to be in the process of upgrading or building new terminals from scratch.
Delhi already has its new terminal operational- T3- one of the largest in the world. Besides Terminal 1D, which is also a new addition. From november 2010, terminal 1D will turn into a terminal exclusively catering to budget airlines, while T3 becomes an integrated terminal for international operations and for most regular domestic flights.

There is also a high speed train link- connecting the airport to Connaught Place, in the heart of the city, which is scheduled to become operational by Nov 2010 also.

Comments