Indira International Hotel

B-32, Masood Pur, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110070, India
#30 of 185 hotels in Delhi

See Hotels with Better Ratings
MalenaN's Profile Photo

Indira International Inn

by written on November 24, 2010

On my way from Goa to Ladakh I stopped for a day and night in Delhi. I didn’t want to go all the way to
downtown Delhi but wanted to stay somewhere closer to the airport, but also somewhere where there were things to do for the day. When I arrived to the airport I asked at the tourist information for a good place to stay. They recommended Indira International Inn. A woman showed me on the map and also told me it was near a shopping mall. Well, it turned out she pointed at a location several km away from where the hotel was really situated. She phoned the hotel and arranged for a taxi. Indira International Inn is situated 6km from the airport, but as it was heavy traffic it took 30 minutes to go to the hotel (it was quicker in the opposite direction next morning). For the taxi I paid Rs 283 at the tourist information (coming back to Delhi I paid Rs 225 for a prepaid taxi going much further).

At Hotel Indira International they told me the room was Rs 2200 with tax, but when I told them that the woman at the tourist information had said that I should pay Rs 2000 (July 2010) and not more they accepted it. My room was on the 4th floor, and as the hotel is situated down a narrow alley away from the main street it was very quiet. The room was clean and had a bathroom, TV and air condition. But as in many Indian hotels there was only a blanket on the bed and no top sheet. And as always I got a sheet when I asked for it. There is no restaurant in the hotel but there is room service and there is a menu in the room. Just down the alley, by the main street, there is a restaurant tough.

After checking in I went for a long walk looking for a bookshop I had seen on my map. It turned out it was closed. Well, there was nothing else to do near the hotel so I took an auto rickshaw to Qutb Minar, and after visiting a public bus back.

When I checked in I asked for a taxi for the next morning at 4.30. I asked again when I came back in the evening and they told me it was already booked. When I came down to the reception at 4.30 the next morning the man in the reception looked very surprised and I think he fixed something very quickly. Soon there was a car outside (no taxi) and a yawning driver who looked like he just woke up. And before leaving they told me “Very good driver”! Well, I arrived in time to the airport and for the taxi I had paid Rs 300 at the hotel.

Nearby Indira International Hotel

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Delhi hotel reviews