Maya's nest

C2 Flat 2038, Vasant Kunj, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110070, Indi
Maya's Nest
Hostelworld.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

More about Delhi

India GateIndia Gate

zooming in on the detailszooming in on the details

Polyfoil arches of Rang Mahal - Mar 09Polyfoil arches of Rang Mahal - Mar 09

Detail of the gatewayDetail of the gateway

Safe and reasonably priced place to stay in Delhi

by tropical459

Hello,

I am a solo traveller and staying in Delhi on the 16th of December this year for 3 nights. I need somewhere safe and reasonably priced to stay, has anyone got a good suggestion I love to swim so somewhere with a pool would be good. Also I have been reading about hiring a car and driver, that seems a really good way of getting around. I would want to see the Taj Mahal and after reading some of the suggestions might want to stay overnight near to it to see it at dawn.
Thanks everyone.

by smirnofforiginal

I can very much reccomend Mahavir Yadev as a driver. He picked me up in Dlehi and took me all over the place - safe, reliable, caring - really nice guy who will not rip you off and will look after your interests.
www.rajasthan-by-car.com or you can contact him on his email mahavir_yad@hotmail.com

by Odinnthor

I second the advise you have received regarding driver/guides in India in general. The one recommended by Smirnoff, has a good reputation and has been used by several VT members.

If you intend to spend some time in Agra, I highly recommend that you include Fatehpur Sikri while you are there. Again this should be done with a driver/guide. In general the India driver/guides are some of the best in the world, and are relatively inexpensive.

by smirnofforiginal

I agree to go ot Fatehpur Sikri (old Moghul capital). I also recommend Gwalior which is south of Agra... stunningly beautiful hilltop fortress that is slightly just off the usual tourist triangular radar :-)

by lynnehamman

Hi

I think that you will find all the answers if you have a read of my New Delhi page. The link is :

Link is also on my home page (click on my name for home page)

by tropical459

Thanks to everyone who has answered my question and I have been reading your advice on your blog Lyn I am really excited about my forthcoming adventure.

Travel Tips for Delhi

Delhi

by nightcowboy

We did not have any time here our guide was rushing as around to get us to a emporium, to earn money out of us, and when you complain they keep telling you we don't earn a lot of money. Being without our Driver and Guide.

Earliest settlement- INDRAPRASTHA

by Rupanworld

Although the city of LAL KOT is said to be the first city of Delhi, evidence is there to prove that the city also existed as far as back in 1400 BC when the legendary Pandavas (From the epic of the Mahabharata) built their capitalk of Indraprastha here. The purana Qila of Delhi is said to be built in the site where the city of Indraprastha once stood.

DLTA: Tennis

by husain

DLTA, or the Delhi Lawn Tennis Association, is the top tennis body in Delhi. There are many professional programmes running there and coaching and training facilities.
There are 16 hard courts and 2 grass courts, a swimming pool, gym, and a pro shop too within the campus.
The venue also hosts Davis Cup tournaments often, where top tennis action takes place, and it usually attracts large crowds of students and other tennis enthusiasts like me...
Some of my vivid davis cup memories are India vs Croatia, vs USA, vs Chile, vs Sweden, etc...
I remember some of Leander Paes' big Davis Cup upset wins at this venue (apart from one famous one against Goran Ivanisevic at NSCI)
Also, Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi (former world no 1 Doubles team) combined as a formidable team, and have played here often...

Made in India

by srhussaini about Central Cottage Industries Emporium

These stores are located in all major metros of India. They stock the products which are Indian made. They are encouraging the local manufacturers by selling their products. But I can assure you the quality of the product is excellent. Lot of choice in Gifts and Decoratives

For buying Antiques and Art pieces you can visit Natesans:-

Natesan's
13 Sunder Nagar
Delhi, India
Phone: 11/464-9320 The Prices are fixed and very reasonable.

Delhi Station

by PCuk

Quite an experience at 0600 with the fog and taxi,urine smelling car park.
I sort of expected something bigger,but found an entrance covered in people wrapped in blankets.On arrival we were approached from all angles by people wanting to help.
Tip;have your ticket ready before hand,check th number of the train against the departure board which then gives the time and platform.
Without the train number it was hard to find the train as often it has the final destination(which may not be yours) and for us there was more than one Shatabdi Express
Our train in the end was delayed by 4hours (mainly due to the weather).The platforms were full of luggage and there was enough wildlife to watch onthe tracks as well as everything else that had fallen out of thetrains!..be patient once on the train,the ride is worth it and watch out for the amount of people who live and work in the shanty towns on the side of the tracks.

Comments