Oberoi New Delhi

Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 003, India

The Oberoi, New Delhi
Booking.com Hotels.com Agoda.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• romanhighlander's Profile Photo

Delhi's Best

I have been to the Oberoi but I did not stay overnight!! I had the opporunity to sample the Buffet Lunch which was great. The variety was out of this world and he staff was very courteous!!

Unique Quality: It is a top notch place!!! I decided to take a few pics wile I was there and oe is Attached!!!

• husain's Profile Photo

The Oberoi, one of Delhi's best luxury hotels

Built in 1965, it was one of the citys first luxury hotels. The exterior still bears the 60's-70's construction style, but the Oberoi in Delhi is a hotel with a reputaion for its style, service and elegance.
    The rooms overlook either the greens of the Delhi Golf club, or Humayuns tomb (which is a world heritage site) on the other side.
    It is not one of your cheaper accomodation options though. The list price ranges from $325 a night for its regular rooms to $1,800 for the Curzon Suite.

Unique Quality: Baan Thai and Taipan, two of its restaurants, offer some of the finest oriental cuisine in town.
    Also, the Oberoi has undertaken to light up the adjacent `Humayuns tomb', which is a world heritage monument. The lights come on post sunset and its a fabulous view. The interesting bit is that the monument is closed to visitors after sunset and one of the few places where you can clearly see it lit up from is probably the Oberoi. So its almost like an exclusive vew for its guests!

Directions: The hotel is located very centrally and about 45 minutes from the International Airport. Close to Humayuns tomb and the Delhi golf club.

• kritur's Profile Photo

The friendliest Hotel in Delhi

September 2004-honeymoon

Thestaff here are wonderfully friendly. Business hotel so tipping is usual. Gerhard Schroeder was there at the same time as us! The best indian food in Delhi in the restaurant (Kandahar)-best dahl I've tasted. Only £25 for 2 people to have a slap up meal. Also very reasonable lunchtime buffet in The Palms.

Unique Quality: Fantastic staff, v. helpful and polite. Great pool too, v.refreshing esp late afternoon

More about Oberoi New Delhi

Loved the Oberoi!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sfpoodle

Excellent hotel and great location in Delhi. Impeccable service -- the best I have ever experienced AND the staff is not waiting around for a tip (gratuities are given at the end of the stay). Excellent Indian cuisine and superb breakfast buffet. The spa facilities were outstanding (practically new -- four months old), but the massages were lacking. The rooms were nice but needed updating. Expensive but worth the splurge especially for a foreigner on a first trip to Delhi. All the Western amenities are offered. Louis Vuitton and other chic boutiques are located in the hotel. I highly, highly recommend the Oberoi, New Delhi. I look forward to staying at an Oberoi on my next trip to India.

Okay hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member Arielarafe

One of main reason that I stayed in this hotel is for business because it's close to our off shore office in New Delhi. This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel and it has gotten slightly better since they have added a new spa and gym.

Checking in takes a little bit of time. The room are dated and needs renovation and bathroom needs a REALLY good scrubing! I wished they had update the rooms instead of adding the new spa and gym (even though I've used the spa and the gym which is TOTALLY different experience than the room and if they had updated the rooms to that of the spa, I would've gave an excellent rating).

Breakfast is good but takes time to get what was ordered and staff seems a little lost half the time and seems like they need training considering this is a 5 star hotel!

Only if they could just upgrade to the current 5 star standard in ALL areas....

the hotel of my dreams

by TripAdvisor Member gourmet2go

this is the hotel of my dreams...perfect in every way...I would come back here just to be pampered, use the spa, and feel like I am a Maharaja. Has the best Chinese restaurant I have ever been in. Great service throughout the hotel

A Very Pleasant Experience

by TripAdvisor Member LmcUnitedKingdom

I was expecting a great stay at this hotel because of it's reputation and we were not disappointed.

The service we received was outstanding. Highlights for me were the Italian restaurant, a superb meal as good as the best in Italy, the buffet breakfast and the pastry shop.

A choice of pillows with different fillings and bulk was a nice touch. The travel shop downstairs was very helpful and friendly and sorted out my onward travel in India. The hotel is in a good location for the sights.

The only downside for me was that there was some noise from the road which was a little intrusive.

Comments