Shervani Nehru Place

B-20, Chirag enclave, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110048, India
#39
Rank 39 of 185 hotels
in Delhi
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Castles and Palaces Museum Visits Architecture
See Amenities

More like 3*, I wouldn't stay here again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 11, 2011

We booked this hotel last minute as couldn't find anywhere else to stay. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, both myself and my friends were taken back when we pulled up outside (we arrived separately) as it looked nothing like the photos. They didn't have an alcohol license at the time and there was nowhere to eat in the vicinity and the only place we could find to drink was the Intercontinental down the road.

I booked a club room and I was given a single room - it was the box room furthest away from elevator, down half a flight of stairs, it was damp and the TV didn't work. I remembered from the description on the internet that there was supposed to be a bath and double bed (I complained that the description was incorrect and I see they have now changed it).

I was really ill with a cold when I arrived and I couldn't breathe thorugh my nose, I just wanted a bath and to go to bed so I went to front desk. The four people on reception insisted this was a clubroom when the clubrooms are in section are right next to the elevator in a section funnily enough called "club rooms." Still, they refused to admit it wasn't a clubroom but said they would "upgrade" me. I was in room 310 - the room they said they would upgrade me to was 110, i.e. exactly the same single room I was staying in but two floors below and with a double bed.

After arguing until after midnight they still refused to move me to the club room I had paid for and had the audacity to offer me free meals when I had already paid for them along with my clubroom! After arguing with them for 2 days they agreed to refund me the difference. The manager personally promised me on the phone. I left them my bank details and email address and 10 days laters no refund and no email.

To be fair, the clubroom my friends got was nice, at least double the size of mine, with a kingsize bed, it was not damp and the food was okay. They were polite as described above but unhelpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

Nearby Shervani Nehru Place

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Delhi hotel reviews