Shervani Nehru Place

B-20, Chirag enclave, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110048, India

Shervani Nehru Place
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Hotels.com

• More like 3*, I wouldn't stay here again

We booked this hotel last minute as couldn't find anywhere else to stay. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, both myself and my friends were taken back when we pulled up outside (we arrived separately) as it looked nothing like the photos. They didn't have an alcohol license at the time and there was nowhere to eat in the vicinity and the only place we could find to drink was the Intercontinental down the road.

I booked a club room and I was given a single room - it was the box room furthest away from elevator, down half a flight of stairs, it was damp and the TV didn't work. I remembered from the description on the internet that there was supposed to be a bath and double bed (I complained that the description was incorrect and I see they have now changed it).

I was really ill with a cold when I arrived and I couldn't breathe thorugh my nose, I just wanted a bath and to go to bed so I went to front desk. The four people on reception insisted this was a clubroom when the clubrooms are in section are right next to the elevator in a section funnily enough called "club rooms." Still, they refused to admit it wasn't a clubroom but said they would "upgrade" me. I was in room 310 - the room they said they would upgrade me to was 110, i.e. exactly the same single room I was staying in but two floors below and with a double bed.

After arguing until after midnight they still refused to move me to the club room I had paid for and had the audacity to offer me free meals when I had already paid for them along with my clubroom! After arguing with them for 2 days they agreed to refund me the difference. The manager personally promised me on the phone. I left them my bank details and email address and 10 days laters no refund and no email.

To be fair, the clubroom my friends got was nice, at least double the size of mine, with a kingsize bed, it was not damp and the food was okay. They were polite as described above but unhelpful. I wouldn't stay here again.

More about Delhi

Water Supplid in the street to the publicWater Supplid in the street to the public

Hayat Bakhsh BaghHayat Bakhsh Bagh

Blue Dome of Nila Gumbad - Feb 09Blue Dome of Nila Gumbad - Feb 09

The entranceThe entrance

How's the weather now?

by kennyleow

Hi guys,

Just wonder, how's the weather now in Delhi?

I'm going to Delhi for a work engagement. I heard
that it maybe cold.

Cheers
Kenny

by shoma

its still hot during the day, sweaty too.

evenings mornings are pleasant. you dont need any woollens in delhi just yet.

have fun in india

by kennyleow

Hi,

I will be there for a week. Touching down this Sunday
night and staying for a week.

So I guess weather is still hot in the day.

Cheers

by Swades

Dear friend,

Morning and evening is pleasent. Afternoon will be bit hot round off 30-35 C degree. wat i think for one week you didn't required any light woollen...just ebjoy you trip....love and smile..vivek

Travel Tips for Delhi

Telephone number of Embassies in New Delhi, India

by 37SingleMaleInDubai1

When travelling to another country its much better to have the contact detail of the embassy/consulate of your native country with you, even have it handy in case you need to contact them for any reason!! Hopefully you wouldn't need it and will leave India with good memories :-) Here is a contact detail of some of them in New Delhi, the information was accurate at the time of posting!!
All numbers in this list are New Delhi area code prefix (011)
If dialing from abroad prefix the number with country code +91-11+Embassy telephone number:
HOLY SEE
Apostolic Nunciature

50 C, Niti Marg
Chanakyapuri

Telephone: +91-11-2688 9187 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2688 9187 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2410 3148, 2410 3154

Fax: +91-11-2687 4286

HUNGARY
Embassy of the Republic of Hungary

2/50 M, Niti Marg
New Delhi-110021

Telephone: +91-11-2611 4737 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2611 4737 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2611 4738, 2611 4739, 2611 4740

Fax: +91-11-2688 6742

IINDONESIA
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia

50 A, Chanakyapuri
Kautilaya Marg
New Delhi-110021

Telephone: +91-11-2611 8642 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2611 8642 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2611 8643, 2611 8644, 2611 8645

Fax: +91-11-2687 4402, 2688 6763, 2688 8279

Telex: 31-72179 KBRI IN, 31-72375 KBRI IN

IRAN
Embassy of the Islamic Repulic of Iran

5, Barakhamba Road
New Delhi-110001

Telephone: +91-11-2332 9600 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2332 9600 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 01, 02

Fax: +91-11-2332 5493

IRAQ
Embassy of the Republic of Iraq

B-5/8 Vasant Vihar
New Delhi-110057

Telephone: +91-11-2614 9085 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2614 9085 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2614 9034

Fax: +91-11-2614 9076

Telex: 31-66253 IRAQ IN

IRELAND
Emabssy of Ireland

230, Jor Bagh
New Delhi-110003

Telephone: +91-11-2462 6733 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2462 6733 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2462 6741, 2462 6743

Fax: +91-11-2469 7053

Web: http://www.irelandinindia.com/home/index.aspx?id=52432 (External website that opens in a new window)
ISRAEL
Embassy of Israel

3, Aurangzeb Road
New Delhi-110011

Telephone: +91-11-2301 3238 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2301 3238 end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Fax: +91-11-304 14555

Web: delhi.mfa.gov.il (External website that opens in a new window)
ITALY
Embassy of Italy

50 E, Chandragupta Marg
New Delhi-110021

Telephone: +91-11-2611 4355 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting +91-11-2611 4355 end_of_the_skype_highlighting, 2611 4359, 2611 4353

Fax: +91-11-2687 3889

Telex: 31-82089

Having people follow you...

by Jacksprat

Having people follow you around trying to sell you anything under the sun can be really, really frustrating - the easiest way to let them know that you're not interested is to AVOID EYE CONTACT... Believe me...it works! (most of the time)

Then, on the other hand you meet some genuine people. The mother of this baby was so pleased when I asked her if I could hold her baby.

I would recommend few things...

by virattravels

I would recommend few things which are distinct and rarely covered by travellers.

1. Punjabi Shaadi: If you can get hold of a Punjabi 'Groom to be' I recommend you attend a wedding. Join the pompous procession in which Dulha (groom) travels on the horseback and his relatives and friends dance on the streets with accompanying Band. You could shake a leg too. Some rich families have even started hiring elephants and horse carriages instead of horse backs as Dulha's vehicle. Then observe the VIP welcome with Garlands and flowers which ladki waale (Bride's family) extend as baraat (Groom's marriage procession) reaches the marrriage venue. The feast that follows is not any less colorful. I hope you get the idea.

Hmm... finding such a friend who can have you invited can be an ordeal! If you are lucky you would see a marriage procession somewhere on the streets or you can write to me and I would see if I could help at that time :)

2. Cheap Shopping: There is a bazaar called as Monastery near ISBT which sells cheap apprels, footwear and other such small items. Designs are all copy of the popular brands, material is quite ok and the stuff comes at a fraction of what the original at a show room would cost.

Then on sundays you have a Chor Bazaar (Thieves market literally) behind the Red Fort. It is said that you get stuff that has been stolen from all over the place of course at a fraction of the cost and the assembly of thousands of people itself is quite a spectacle.

3. Meet a Jat: Most of the Delhi's cops and Bus Conductors belong to the community of Jats. JAT as the junta (hindi for public) here has defined stands for 'Just Avoid Them'. LOL, so meet him it may turn out to be a 'memorable experience'.

Taxi from the airport

by Emile72

We took a taxi from Delhi airport to our hotel. Once you get your bags from the airport, don't go outside right away, but just right after you exit customs, go to the left. There is a stand from Delhi Traffic Police. They sall pre paid taxi coupons. It was about 5 Euros from the airport to Connaught place area. The taxi driver was crazy though and driving at night with him was more like a Six Flags ride without protection. But guess that is India.

By plane.
We traveled with...

by B_Caro

By plane.
We traveled with BIMAN
Take a rickshaw.

But you should have iron nerves when your driver zigzags between cars, mopeds, cows, other rickshaws, bicycles, ... or any other obstacle.

Before taking a rickshaw, you should bargain about the price. It is some kind of national sport. Never accept the first price.

Comments