1 Mansingh Rd, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110 011, India

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• uglyscot's Profile Photo

comfortable and great cuisine

We stayed here three times during our trip to India. We were on the 10th, 3rd and 4th floors, in a suite, and then in ordinary double rooms. All excellent, comfortable and well kept. The service was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. The three restaurants were all very good. Complimentary taxi service to and from the airport is included.
    The hotel has 296 rooms , including 27 suites. It is centrally placed- within 21 km from Indira Gandhi Airport, although the traffic can make this a long journey.
    It is near to the India Gate, Presidential Palace and parliament buildings.
    Each room has a large screen Tv, wireless internet connection available, writing table, sofa and tea/coffee making facilities as well as mini-bar and safe.
    The bathroom provides a full range of luxury Molton Brown toiletries.

Unique Quality: From the 10th floor there is a view of greenery as far as the eye can see, and elsewhere a view of the swimming pool.
    The decor is inspired by the Moghul era, and there are rare artefacts incorporated into the decor.
    The Manchan Restaurant serves an excellent buffet breakfast , and has a good evening menu with Indian and international cuisine. It is open 24 hours.You even grow to like the painted tigers, deer and lions staring out from the walls.
    House of Ming Chinese Restaurant is tastefully decorated and has the best Chinese food in town, according to our hosts.
    Other services are Ayurdevic massage, 24 hour fitness centre, wet spa, swimming pool, and tennis and golf nearby.
    The 24 hour business centre has Broadband Wifi.

• husain's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal hotel

A luxury 5 star hotel, with lavish interiors that seem to be inspired from the Mughal era.
    Very centrally located, its a stones throw away from many of the citys landmarks.

Directions: A short distance from Khan market, and near the India gate area

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo

Delhi's Best Hotel

Now i've stayed at some wonderfull Hotels in my time, But this is my Favorite Situated in the Lutyens area, It is a quiet and Tranquil setting
    The hotel has so much to offer , I stayed on the Taj Club floor had a butler available as well as a Lounge to take afternoon tea, or breakfast in the morning, not to mention the cocktail hour.
    The staff are so attentive yet not intrusive, and the rooms are tastfully apointed
    Highly recommend this Hotel, I was treated like a king

Unique Quality: So many,

• Bjorgvin's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal Hotel

Unique Quality: Five star luxury. Centrally located in the residential area known as Lutyens Delhi. About 20 minutes drive from the airport and minutes away from the city centre. Everything one can ask for – and more.

More about Taj Mahal Hotel

Delhi's Home from Home

by SabrinaSummerville about Taj Mahal Hotel

From the moment we arrived at the Taj Mahal hotel we were treated as intimate family friends, rather than guests. We were whisked to our luxurious club room on the 7th floor, and check in was done there instead of in the lobby. Having been travelling for more than a day, it was just the touch we needed.

The room was very well appointed and comfortable. Our butler was attentive, but unobtrusive.

Toiletries were of a superior standard and each night the turn down service was a delight, with little extras such as scented candles and something that I called a dream wish (a tiny card with some beautiful words to take to sleep).

We stayed for two nights, then left to tour North India. When we arrived back a week later the doorman remembered us by name. This both surprised and pleased me because you felt they were glad to see you back. Indeed, they must have been - they upgraded us to the Presidential suite!!

The restaurants serve a varied and delicious cuisine. We partook of the delicious delicacies at the rooftop restaurant, the main buffet-style coffee shop overlooking the pool, and the amazing Indian restaurant (which had a live floor show). It was some of the best food we had in all of India.

While the weather was not great, we did spend a couple of hours by the pool and, once again, we were inpressed with both the facilities and the poolside snack service.

This hotel deserves it's place among the Leading Hotels of the World. The staff here are very efficient in every way. They really care about their guests and want you to feel at home. No doubt, this is to ensure you return - and indeed, I would.

Hotel ok, food toxic

by TripAdvisor Member foreignc

I am a veteran world traveller from New York City with five decades under my belt and a long background in South Asia.
I stayed at New Delhi's Taj Mahal Hotel in mid-March 07.
It is a well-run hotel with excellent service. But its small, drab, tired rooms, worthy of a 1960's generic Hilton, are certainly not worth the extraordinary rates charged.
I was seriously poisone by the food at their lobby restaurant on 14 March with two types of parasites that required three courses of powerful antibiotics and anti-parisitic drugs. Indian friends also told me the Delhi Taj is notorious for food poisoning. It is shocking a hotel chain of this standing and cost would serve contaminated food.
Obviously, my last stay at any of the Taj Hotels.

Really loved our stay here!

by TripAdvisor Member LaGuapa

We stayed for seven nights, and I must say choosing a hotel in the first place was very very difficult. In the end we went solely on the opinions of Trip-Advisor members and what we were able to afford (the Australian dollar is only worth US$0.75). We found the very best rate possible off the Five Star Alliance site (thanks to another Trip Advsor member for that tip!) and booked a package that included a standard room (only differs from the deluxe room by not having a fax machine), round trip airport transfers and breckfast, for US$170 per night. Obviously for this rate we did not get a executive club room or use of the club facilities, but we did go up and visit a club room to see if we were missing out on anything.

So firstly, we turned up at the airport at midnight, very very tired after a 15 hour journey, and there, bless his socks, was the Taj driver waiting for us with our name on a huge piece of cardboard. Agian, it wasn't a Merc as we went for a cheaper package, but the car was great and the driver very professional. Check-in was carried out in our room, not in the lobby, and took only a couple of minutes to complete. Overall, the room was spacious, the fixtures perhaps a little shabby and worn round the edges, but the bathroom was huge and done very nicely in a dark red/black marble, with a separate bath and shower and two fabulous shower heads. Apparently they gave us a corner or next to corner room (ie at the end of the corridor), and these have bigger bathrooms. The room facilities were very generous, with a mini room-service every evening, daily chocolates, about six complementary bottles of water every day (contrary to other member's comments about this hotel, you do NOT have to tip to get extra water - they just give it to you anyway) and four huge towels (rather than the standard three). The bed was reasonably comfortable (by Indian plank standards) and although we were on a smoking floor, there was not a hint of stale smoke in the room.

The Club room that we checked out was exactly the same size, but with more modern decor and a newer touch - probably not worth the extra money, especially since our standard room bathroom was bigger (that was luck though).

What really impressed us about this hotel was the absolutely excellent level of service provided by all the staff - friendly, helpful, attentive and very welcoming. The Concierge went out of his way to help us with a couple of really difficult busines requests (like sourcing three hundred bars of a special soap made in the south of India), and the elevator guy knew our floor number within a couple of days. Another excellent feature was the breckfast buffet - probably the best selection of food I've ever seen in a hotel. Overall, one of the best hotel stays I've ever had.

a sanctuary in the middle of delhi

by TripAdvisor Member RPD

The Taj Mahal was a sanctuary in the middle of Delhi. The rooms are very well equipped with pleasant views over greenery. The staff are first rate. The reception staff are incredibly welcoming. The buffet breakfast is the best we have ever had. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient without beig at all intrusive. They were particularly kind to our 12 year old son. There is no touting for tips. The pool is huge, deep and peaceful. Although aimed primarily at a business market, it was excellent for teenagers. Better than the Imperial.

Best service I have ever experienced

by TripAdvisor Member CamJones

I stayed for a week in October for business and my expectations were continually exceeded. Asia is known for good service but this hotel takes good service to a whole new level. I have stayed in the Peninsula Hong Kong, St Regis, Mandarin Oriental, Shangri La and others and the service levels at this hotel were even better. We have about 4 rooms as there was a few of us travelling together and we found ourselves sharing good service stories each day.

This hotel was a little more expensive than others but well worth the extra $. You certainly feel like royalty there.

Excellent Service. Watch out for excess taxes.

by TripAdvisor Member MemberLondon

We recently spent 4 nights in a Taj Club room. The room was nice (if nothing out of the ordinary), and we couldn't have asked for better service.

We arrived on New Year's Eve ready for an exciting evening at the hotel's outstanding Indian restaurant. However, I fell sick and ended up stuck in the room. The in-room dining manager went out of his way to provide my partner with an outstanding dinner that he personally served in the room. It was an extremely nice touch and cheered us both up on what could have been a very disappointing evening.

The butler service in the Taj Club lounge was excellent, and the food was very good in all the restaurants.

My only complaint was with the way the taxes were levied. Instead of charging 12.5% tax on the rate we were paying (which was $370 per night booked throught Five Star Alliance -- about $100 per night less that Leading Hotels had offered), the hotel charged tax on the rack rate (about $550 per night) and also charged a small tax (about $2.50 per day) on breakfast, which was included in the room rate. That added up to about $150 more in tax that I had anticipated paying.

I complained vigorously to the duty manager the evening before check out. I insisted I had never seen such a practice anywhere else in the world and that I was not willing to pay the excess taxes. I had taken copies of my reservation confirmation, which showed that I would be paying 12.5% tax and made no mention of the tax being applied to the rack rate. By having the confirmation in my possession and insisting that I was not willing to pay excess tax, I eventually got the tax reduced to 12.5% on the $370 rate instead of the rack rate. They wouldn't give in on the breakfast tax, and I eventually gave up on that one. So, if you go prepared with your paperwork and remain steadfast in your refusal to pay the excess room tax, you can avoid it with a bit of a fight. It's just a shame the fight has to take place at all!

But despite the tax issues, it was a fantastic place to stay and we really appreciated all of the help that the staff gave us! I would definitely go back.

Taj Mahal hotel, BombayTaj Mahal hotel, Bombay

Mexican restuarants in Delhi

by ayeshakapur

Please recommend a good mexican rest where one can get good authentic spicy food

by vdadu

U can try out following restaurants:
1) Capatains Cabin
The Mexican Restaurant, The Taj Mahal Hotel, Mansingh Road Jungpura

2) Cafe California
Mexican Restaurant
P-15, Connaught Place,

3)Cal's the Bay,
Mexican Rstaurant,
E-25, East of Kailash, Greater Kailash

I hope this will help......keep smiing.....vivek

by SANJOO

Pebble Street

8 Community Center,
New Friends Colony,
New Delhi - 110065

Tel : +91-11-26844366, 26844380
Fax : +91-11-26311383

by explore4passion

TGIF (Thanx God, It's Friday) at Vasant Vihar, Priya PVR complex (The oldest in chain, Think they also have branches in Gurgaon and at C.P., now)

Have a Spicy Treat...

by explore4passion

Rodeo : Inner Circle, C.P. (backside of Marina Hotel) & Gurgaon, Sector 14-Payal cinema Complex

Comments