Ajanta

Seniors Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

Good budget hotel

by written on February 3, 2011

We have enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Ajanta. The rooms are comfortable and clean. In addition, the staff is very helpful and friendly and the service has been good. I have no complaints.

Unique Quality: Food is delicious

Directions: near to new delhi railway station

Good place for solo traveller

by written on November 10, 2010

My second trip to Ajanta was good. As a lone traveler i felt safe and comfortable. Staff amazingly friendly and really go out of there way to make you feel at home. Good location close to railway station.

Directions: paharganj, Behind Shiela cinema

Excellent infrastructure.....

by written on July 17, 2010

We stayed in Ajanta in June 2010. It was our official trip and we found location of the hotel was excellent, very close to the FICCI auditorium.

The best thing about the Hotel was their helpful staff and excellent infrastructure. At the reception, in the rooms, the interior really attracted our attention.

Room service was good and quick. Hotel staff provided comfort by fulfilling our requirement. They also guided us to make city travel plan. Food was really delicious. Overall, we liked the hotel.

Unique Quality: Helpful staff & excellent infrastructure.

found the hotel very convenient

by written on May 25, 2010

Good ambience and quality food at reasonable rates. Location is good. Very near to railway station. I have been using this place for the past many years and find the place very convenient. I recommend the place to anyone on business trip to Delhi. They give additional discount and a membership card to regular customers.

Directions: Very near to railway station

Find the Hotel very convenient

by written on May 25, 2010

Directions: near by New Delhi Railway Station.

Real Value for Money

by written on May 4, 2010

Excellent Deal…No one could imagine such an excellent stay at the heart of New Delhi. I stayed for 4 Nights. The room was perfectly clean. I will definitely opt this hotel again if I visit Delhi again. The Price was the great attraction. It gave the facilities & comfort of a relatively higher priced accommodations... Real Value for Money. I will always search for 'Hotel Ajanta' in every Indian Cities for my stay.

GemmaP's Profile Photo

NOT safe for single female travellers!

by written on November 8, 2009

I would not recommend anyone who needs a reliable room, especially late at night, goes to the Hotel Ajanta. My sister emailed and rang twice to reserve a room, and an airport pickup (she was arriving at 3am) and they assured her it was all confirmed. No-one at the airport when she arrived, and when she rang they told her they'd given her room to someone else who wanted to stay longer. She was then stranded in Delhi with nowhere to go in the middle of the night. So be warned!

HOTEL AJANTA WAS THE 2ND WORST HOTEL I STAYED IN!

by written on October 19, 2009

I went to India for 2 weeks in Sept. Traveled to Mumbai, Ahmadabad, Jaipur, Jaipur, Agra and Delhi. HOTEL AJANTA WAS THE 2ND WORST HOTEL I STAYED IN! (the winner was Hotel Sheila in Agra)

The room charges are excessive for what you actually get. The hotel charge for every little thing i.e. internet access, breakfast etc (almost all hotels i stayed in offer this and more complimentary).

The pre-paid taxi is overpriced, the tours they offer is overpriced and they insist on only taking you on the tourist trail i.e. where they want you to go (and this always includes the tourist handicraft shops).

The photo's on their website is nothing like what you get. The rooms are dull, most have no windows, some spit stains on the wall.

I travel to India twice a year and have been doing so for around 4 years now, my experience is the good hotels won't take payment until you check out; whereas the poor ones always as for full payment in advance (this hotel asks for payment in advance).

My advice would be to skip this hotel and pick one of the 20 hotels on the same road. I believe as Hotel Ajanta are in all the guide books their standards have slipped considerably and feel they no longer have to go that extra mile for their guests.

Consistency in services!

by written on June 30, 2009

We regularly stay at this hotel. On a budget this hotel is great value. The rooms are clean, modern and the services have a consistency throughout all my visits. The staff is very accommodating, in particular the front desk. One of its main attractions is the location, right at the heart of the city, easy to commute to all the important places. Love it.

Unique Quality: Great Services

“Comfortable hotel”

by written on July 17, 2008

The Ajanta is a comfortable hotel. My room was comfortable in general. There is some traffic noise, as noted by other reviewers, this is common in Delhi. One or two points of detail might have been improved, for instance the bathroom had a nice set of soaps and toiletries (this in the land of the Delhi belly!) There is a pretty good buffet for breakfast, the coffee arrive on time. The Ajanta Restaurant is pleasant, with nice food.

Unique Quality: -Services
-Food

Directions: Compy Place

good service

by written on January 22, 2008

My satisfaction during the duration of my stay at Ajanta Hotel, New Delhi, has prompted me to take the time to recommend this hotel. I have stayed at many budget hotels in the world and I found the quality of service present at Ajanta parallel to international standards. For a frequent traveler like me I always appreciate good service. The hotel has two restaurants, one on the terrace with great views of the old city. The rooms seem plentiful and are comfortable in every sense. I honestly feel you should suggest this hotel to travelers coming into India, as it deserves credit.

Good budget hotel

by written on January 21, 2008

I am writing to convey my thoughts about my recent trip to India. My wife and I took the opportunity to visit India, as we have always been intrigued by its culture. We stayed at the Ajanta hotel in Delhi. It was a comfortable stay, as they provided us with a fairly large and clean room. The service at the hotel was very warm, later I realised that it is a family run hotel. I would certainly recommend Ajanta for anyone with a tight budget but looking for a very decent hotel for their stay in Delhi.

Ajanta didn't give me my booked room

by written on December 5, 2007

Unfortunately I never got to stay at the Ajanta Hotel. I booked 2 nights and confirmed my booking before I reached New Delhi. The taxi was there waiting so they do have free airport pickup. But then when we got to the street with all the hotels including Ajanta, they took us to a different hotel called Chand Palace. They said there were problems with some of the rooms upstairs including ours. Yet there were other people checking in later on. Very Weird, I believe they book ur room but have u stay at a different hotel that might cost them less. Either that or they give ur room away to the highest bidder before u get there.

tayloretc's Profile Photo

Decent Place, Decent Location, Low Price

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 2, 2007

For a low budget place this wasn't bad. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was passably clean, although I found dust here and there, and the bathroom was worn. I caught a glimpse of some other rooms, which looked nicer than mine (I booked at a special low rate), and was allowed to shower in one that was larger than mine, but not as nice. There was a TV and A/C, and I had a door to a not-private balcony across the front of the building. Don't expect great things and it's just fine.

The restaurant was fine-to-good, although the (not included) breakfast buffet was cold. You can also eat on the roof (part "terrace dining," part furniture storage).

They can arrange travel of all kinds there too - I hired cars twice and was pleased with both drivers. I thought the prices were okay (Rs650-800/day for 8 hours within the city), but I didn't shop around.

It's about a 15 minute walk to Connaught Place, mostly on a main street - probably not safe to walk it alone at night, though.

Directions: Not actually opposite. Take a right out the station, under the bridge, then the second left. The hotel is a ways down on the left.

good budget hotel

Ajanta

• Ajanta Hotel New Delhi
  • Ajanta Hotel Delhi
  • Ajanta Hotels

Address: 36 Arakashan Rd, Ram Nagar, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110055, India

8 Photos of Ajanta

• Shuttle Service
  • Airport Transportation
  • Free High Speed Internet

New Delhi Travel Forum

Need advice about New Delhi, India? Visit the Travel Forum for New Delhi and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New Delhi hotel reviews

Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Le Meridien New Delhi
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 6 Reviews

Explore Deeper into New Delhi
Visit Lotus Temple - The Bahai House of Worship!!
Mouth watering Keema Kaleji
Restaurants
Don't miss the Jhal Muri!!
Restaurants
Agrasen Ki Baoli - a Photographers's treat!!
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
Uttara Guruvayurappan Temple - A must visit
Things to Do
arguably Delhi's most famous culinary destination!
Gurdwara Bangla Sahib
Skip it totally!!
Raj Ghat
Things to Do
Cheap and delicious cakes!
Laxminarayan Temple
Royal Ambiance and Great Food
American Look
Sikhs
Local Customs
India,,, must say..one of best place on earth
National Museum
Visit a huge memorial Humayun Tomb
Red Fort
The Qutb Minar Complex.
Clean and delicious
Restaurants
Great food, clean and delicious!
Restaurants
Excellent Chinese, cheap beer, great service
The best Chinese, Japanese and Thai food in Delhi
Indian Gold Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Cancelled Train Scam
Warnings and Dangers
Low cost eating in central Delhi
Sunday Brunch
Restaurants
Metro to and from the airport
Transportation
Great driver and trip organiser
Exploring New Dehli, India on a Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
Transportation
Parking made easy-an amusing anecdote
Local Customs