Ajanta

36 Arakashan Rd, Ram Nagar, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110055, India

Ajanta Hotel
Booking.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• tripodologia's Profile Photo

A nightmare!!!

The Ajanta Hotel in Delhi is cheapper, have big rooms, good breakfast and the zone in which it is located can be interesting of seeing ... BUT..... I had to flee of there!! Every day had someone spying on me, scarcely the door of the elevator was opened had two women trying to sell me tourist packages to some place... When I told them that I didn't have plans and that I liked to walk only and to be discovering the places they were with the open eyes and were saying to me that I couldn't be travelling by this way.

They did never understand one NOT, at the end... tired of that they steal my time, I decided to change hotel.

Unique Quality: Big rooms, cheapper

Directions: Near rail station and Gupta RD

• glendesilva's Profile Photo

Not as great as it looks..over priced

Ok, I read the reviews about this place and took it for granted. Its not a bad place...but NOT worth the price. I went to stay there for 4 nites but only stayed for 2 becuse there are better hotels along that streach for much cheaper and better quality. I stayed at the Godwin. Much better. Food was excellent and the servious was fabulous. Ajanta didnt even change the sheets. ITS CRAP! absolutly OVERATED...Dont fall for the pics on the web site....just Trust me.

They also try to cheat you if you check in at mid nite onwards...they no you are tired and try to manupulate (Just as the previous reviews stayted...they charged me extra TAX after confirming one rate and wanted full payment upfront. (Do not fall for this). there is no such thing as paying full payment upfront.

Overall its an ok place, the airport pick was on time....BUT it is absolutly NOT worth the price when you compare the hotels around that place. I will never book the place or recommned it to anyone. NO WAY!! they are over priced, even if you think its cheap. If you are not convinced...stay there one night and then walk around and ask the hotels around you...check out the rates and the rooms...I bet you will check out the next morning! Good luck!

Unique Quality: It has a ok restaurent, the roof top one is not at all of what it looks like on the web page., the toilets are clean however.

• castorp75's Profile Photo

Your home in India - a convenient base.

Good value for your money, at least in an expensive (according to Indian standards) city as New Delhi. The highlight of the hotel is that it's in Ram Nagar district, right at the edge of the chaotic, crowded and seedy Pahar Ganj and still they have a range of very good rooms (3th floor and upwards). So you can stay in a district where you can really absorb the atmosphere of metropolitan life in India and at the same time you have a place where you can retreat and feel relatively comfortable. Best choice is the semi-business double room for around 1500 Rs./night+ app.taxes. A/C is working well, room is equipped with a minibar, the large TV has a lot of channels, room and bathroom is clean, room service is good and dishes are very delicious. They have a small internet room (where you can not only surf the net but print as well, a rarity in other parts of India as later realized.) They also have a foreign exchange counter with competitive rates. There is also a good restaurant downstairs (with a lot of local people coming in for lunch&dinner, that is how you know that it is really good) and a rooftop restaurant from where you can see Jama Masjid in the distance.
    Staff is really kind and welcoming, even more so if you are a returning guest.
    Hotel is very close (walking distance if you feel like walking) to the main railway station (NDLS).

The main drawbacks:
    1) They don't serve beer. If you feel like having a quick pint (or two) after your dinner in the solitude of your room, you can ask one of the doormen to go and get you some for some baksheesh but if you don't mind queuing in the Indian way (bizarre, I would say) there is a beer shop 300m from the hotel on Qutb Rd. where you can buy the cheapest Kingfisher in India (35 Rs for a 650ml bottle.)
    2) Their travel agency is way overpriced. Although they are very kind and reliable (they deliver what they promise) there are better and cheaper ways to see the rest of India.

• NURIA35's Profile Photo

Best for 1st night in INDIA

It's nice, clean and safe hotel. Is located nearby central market and just 2 min walk from NEW DELHI TRAIN STATION. That one was our choice cause the day after we wanted to go to Pushkar by train, and also we had no idea of how would be hotels in INDIA.... so we decided stay in Hotel Ajanta, pay 30$ + 5$ picking up from the airport.

there's cheaper hotels anyway...

Check web site: www.hotelajanta.com

Directions: 2 MINS WALK FROM NEW DELHI TRAIN STATION
    5MINS WALK FROM CENTRAL MARKET

• Avoid

On arrival everything seemed ok, but on entry to the rooms they seemed to be falling apart. We stayed for 4 nights, not all consecutively and eventually hadto change because of the poor quality. If you pay budget you get budget. Our stay was in June when the weather is hot. The a/c cuts out everyday between 6pm and 9pm. The rooms have fridges, which seem to be ornamental, they didnt fucntion!! The lift did not work alot of the time. Location is right in the centre with all the hustle and bustle so do not expect peace. Restaurant Service extremely slow. It took the waiters around 10 minutes just to give us the bill! Each floor has a janitor, they were the only pleasant things about our stay at the hotel. Very hard working and will attend to all your requests (apart from gettin the ac working). When we made our complaints no discounts were given, instead a 'deluxe room' was offered at the same price which had exactly the same facilites as the standard rooms, including a non functioning fridge and non functioning air con.

• Nice hotel and nice people

hello!

We stayed with Hotel Ajanta for only one night, but just to let you know that I really appreciated the greeting! We were welcomed in as soon as we left the taxi, which made me feel very safe straight away, as I felt a little uncomfortable in Delhi after Leh!!

I really appreciated the fact that we were taken into a room with air conditioning by a lady who spoke really good english and dealt with our booking very efficiently!!

The fact that she ushered us in very quickly after the "unfriendly" and rather "hectic" taxi drive was very much appreciated!

However, for how comfortable they made us feel, I would recommend them to my friends as after the stress of the taxi ride they made me feel very relaxed!

The room was very comfortable and having the luxury of hot water and a very comfortable bed was a real luxury after the trip that we had!!

Many thanks to them again !!

Reagrds,

Em and Matt

• g72's Profile Photo

Where in DELHI ?

The room was clean and not noisy. It isn't so special but it has e very good location , near the New Delhi Rly. station and 5 minutes walk from Connaught Place.

Unique Quality: 24 hours Internet cafè, 24 taxi services, restaurant ( I ate very good , I had no problems with the Shiva curse ) , indian airlines instant computerised booking.
    IMPORTANT: don't take care of appearance, outside, the all way is badly hit but inside the hotels are pleasant !!!!!

Directions: Paharganj zone Between old Delhi area and Connaught Place.Good position to explore old Delhi.

More about Ajanta

HOTEL AJANTAHOTEL AJANTA

Hotel Ajanta, Arakashan RoadHotel Ajanta, Arakashan Road

Hotel Ajanta

by ozpaul

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this hotel? Is it close to the main attractions/centre of Delhi? Also, can anyone recommend any good restaurants close to this hotel - enjoy all types of food.
Thanks.

Re: Hotel Ajanta

by lynnehamman

Hi...on our very first trip to Delhi, we had booked into this hotel. We spent1 night there, but the room & atmosphere was so awful., (and small) that we checked out next morning. We found a fantastic place called Lutyens Guest House which is very near Lodhi Gardens, India Gate, & most of other monuments. Its about 10mins. from Connought place by auto-rickshaw. It is in a lovely, green & clean (Prithviraj Rd) You can see a review & pics in my New Delhi Page

Comments