BB Palace Hotel

2638 & 2642 Gurudwara Rd Bank St, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005
Hotel BB Palace
Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 61% less than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about New Delhi

Interior decorationsInterior decorations

India gate, delhi, my wife with son and a daughterIndia gate, delhi, my wife with son and a daughter

Bonnie digs into some dal and naanBonnie digs into some dal and naan

PRESIDENTIAL PALACE-Rashtrapati BhavanPRESIDENTIAL PALACE-Rashtrapati Bhavan

Accomodation in North India

by englishbulbul

Hi guys,

As the saying goes, I'm an ABCD, American Born Confused Desi :)

I'm planning my second trip to India and would like to ask for recommendations on the places I've decided to stay at.

1) Delhi : Caravan Homestay: http://delhicaravan.com/

2) Agra : Howard Park: http://www.parkplaza.com/agrain/

3) Jaipur : Thaltara http://www.thaltara.com/

Please let me know if these are good places and would suit a single girl. I've tried a couple of homestays with a hotel in between to take a break in Agra. I'm really interested in being with an Indian Family. The choice was also because of my pet dog I'll be taking along (These locations allow pets).

I've contacted them and they seem to be friendly and have good reviews on tripadvisor too. Also, how much deposit is required to block your room in India?

Re: Accomodation in North India

by deepak_agra

Howard Park Plaza is good hotel in Agra and location is also good. There are good homestays in Agra. As you mentioned you looked at Trip Advisor for reviews of these home stays.You can choose which you like.

deepak

Re: Accomodation in North India

by sfmylove

When are you leaving?

My wife and I had a great experience while staying at Hotel Madhuban in Jaipur (madhuban@usa.net), but that was 6 years ago. It caters to a lot international travelers. The facitlites were clean. A continental breakfast was included. And it was not very expensive.

Hope this helps.

Travel Tips for New Delhi

The Girl

by l_joo

This is a photo I snap from a McDonald's restaurant in New Delhi. Me and Andy (brother in law cum travelling partner) on the way back from Red Fort seeking a place to evade the crazy 41 Celsius hot temperature found this restaurant more than comfortable to relax and to reduce the heat. While we eating, we saw a New Delhian young girl topless strolling outside the McDonald's windows. Her eyes keep looking at peoples inside and she goes around begging for money around the doorway which has a security guard standing firmly. I saw some customers went talking to her but I don't know what they want to do to her. I walked up front to snap some photos of her and I saw a beautiful face so innocently looking at peoples. OH NO! I told myself. I walk back to my seat and I asked Andy some questions. " Hey, do you think this little girl can live safely without being continuously rape by those men out there after she had grown up? "

HUMAN RICKSHAW

by pravdr

the human pedalled cycle rickshaw is an amazingly ecofriendly way to get around delhi especially old delhi where narrow lanes make bigger vehicles a cumbersome proposition.
the kolkata rickshaws are handpulled a gruesome relic of the raj period now banned but some continue to operate.
the new delhi cousins are cycle rickshaws and apart from providing income to the driver there is no fuel burnt so it is very ecofriendly.
rates vary according to the distance you travel.you can negotiate and fix a daily amount so you can travel to different parts engaging the services of the rickshaw for whole day.
one warning though DO NOT DO THIS IN SUMMER MONTHS AS YOU MAY SUFFER HEATSTROKE.the rickshaws do not have a canopy unlike the mechanised ones.

Originally indian stuff!

by intencity about The city paanwala’s!

“Do in Rome as Romans do – I guess that I have been able to say it right!!! Try out a “Paan”- a betel leaf wonder after your lunch or dinner. The “paan-wala” as these vendors are called ,near Hotel Claridges is a sure shot winner. None.

Lal Quila(1638-1648)-Redfort.

by radz

Redfort is one of the famous&magnificient fort build by Emperor Shah Jehan,which is
still well maintanied.The fort was built in red stone,the name come
from that,Lal(Red) Quila(Fort).It has 2 gates Lahore and Delhi Gates.
The old time,oneside it was River Yamuna flowing,and moat on other three side.
Fort itself ,like mini city with palaces,offices etc..But now only can see part of old places,like
Mumtaz Mahal, Rang Mahal, Khas Mahal, Diwan-I-Khas, the Hammam.

Ishkcon(The International Society for Krishna Cons

by radz

Ishcon temple temple was build by Hare Rama Hare Krishna cult followers.
It looks elegant on top of Hari Krishna Hill,this is one the big temple complex Delhi.
'Shikharas' height is 90-feet,inside temple hall is fully airconditioned big hall at a time can accodamate 1500 people..
Can see beautiful paintings on wall by Russian painters.

ISKCON was founded by Swami Prabhupada.Only this this place can see,devotees from various parts of world.
Only India itslef,there are 40 ISKCON temples One beliver or not its good to see devotees singing,praying with gay abandon.

TIMING.
Morning open from 4.30 a.m. to 12 p.m.
4 p.m. to 9 p.m.