Bed and Breakfast New Delhi

I - 9 Vijay Villa, Maharani Bagh, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110065, India
Bed and Breakfast New Delhi
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about New Delhi

Taxis outside the airportTaxis outside the airport

The Connaught Place "columns"The Connaught Place "columns"

AN APPEALAN APPEAL

Red Fort, DelhiRed Fort, Delhi

Baton East meeting in Delhi

by Mahieu

Hi everyone,

I'm bringing our famous Baton East (for those who don't know him: have a look at his VT page) to New Delhi. Of course I'd like him to continue his journey. So, anyone interesting in meeting him (and me of course), let me know!
The meeting will take place on the 18th of December, in the evening. I'll put it on the meeting calendar.
See you!

by The_Heart_Of_Worship

Hi

If I'll be in India that time , I would love to meet some Vtrs defintly , And If you want meet uop more Vts Locals and tourist, You shoud poste meeting up in New Delhi, I think Cannought Place would be great...and rest depends on You what Location you decide, I hope I wil be in India that time ,

see Ya

Prince

RE: RE: Baton East meeting in Delhi

by Mahieu

I put it on the meetings calendar, so everyone's welcome to join. Connaught Place seems indeed a good meeting point.

by umashanker

Warm welcome to famous Baton East and You.

by loose_motion

I wish I was there. I am in delhi till the 24th nov and back in early Jan. Just my luck that I cant make it , I guess......

by Grant06

I would suggest the Standard Restaurant on top on Regal Cinema in Connaught Place. That would be a great place for food and drinks.

RE: RE: Baton East meeting in Delhi

by The_Heart_Of_Worship

There are Dozens of Nice Restaurent in Cannought Place Like Volga, Yorks Chinese Food ,United Coffee House,Rodeo,Standard Restaurant,MANY MORE

Which one would be better? You can suggest and dont forget to com in Meeting

se ya

by Sidz

i hope i could make on the said date....

else have a great time folks...;)

Travel Tips for New Delhi

TIBETAN TREASURES-CHANDI CHOWK

by lynnehamman about NEW TIBETAN MARKET

We stumbled upon this indoor market recently while strolling around Chandi Chowk. It is set in a huge barn like building, just next to Chandi Chowk. The variety of clothing, blankets, shawls and many other products is amazing. What I really loved about it was that it is self-contained- and set away rom the street. Also- there was absolutely NO pressure from the smiling and shy Tibetans that were behind each stall. We actually had to ask for help- a rare occurance in India.
We bought some beautiful soft fuzzy blankets, and I bought a soft silky shawl.
I really recommend this place for hassle-free bargains, and a pleasant shopping experience, especially if you are heading north and need some warm clothing. Blankets, shawls, warm headgear, woolly gloves. I paid R200for a med size soft yak-fur blanket
R150 for a soft shawl
And I did not need to bargain

Burgers and subs

by Stentorian about Subway, McDonalds, Wimpy

Well personally I love SUBWAY. They make very good subs. In India a foot long sub will cost u Rs. 115. But u have to choose their special menue for that day only. And Mcdonalds and winpy offer their own specialities. U can find them all over Delhi.

Qutub Minar

by Hind_S

Qutub Minar is a wonderful place to spend the day. Take a tour guide along or at least a detailed book, there's a lot of interesting stuff to see here.
It's a mix of old hindu architecture and newer Muslim architecture, all made of beautifully engraved stone.

Lotus Temple- A Pristine White Lotus

by Preetibandooni

When I heard the name Lotus Temple my mind immediately painted a typical Hindu temple with a triangular top, but what I saw was completely different from what I had imagined. Lotus Temple is actually structured in the form of a open white lotus with petals. This is a Baha’i House of Worship and is a brilliant architectural specimen. There are nine doors that open to a central Hall, as per the ideology of followers of Bahai religion; the hall doesn’t have any idols. It was an amazing experience for me to meditate in the hall which was very comforting. The entry in Lotus Temple is free and thankfully I visited the place during the visiting time so if you are also planning a visit then make sure you go there between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm during summer and surely check timings for winters. I also learned from my local guide that this temple remains closed on Mondays and one must also obey the instructions of maintaining silence and as people visit this place to worship and meditate.

Tomb of Khan-i-Khanan

by Rupanworld

Opposite to Nizammudin on the Mathura road and visible from your car is the tomb of Abdul Rahim Khan, the prime minister of Emperor Akbar. Some of materials from this tomb were used in constructing the Safdarjang Tomb and since then it is said to have lost much of its glory. Abdul Rahim Khan (AD 1556-1627) was the First Prime Minister of Emperor Akbar and was known as “Khan-I –Khanan”. He won many battles for Emperor Akbar and Emperor Jehangir and served as the Governor of many provinces. The tomb was built in 1627 AD and originally had a square garden encircling it, which no longer exists.

Comments