Bless Inn Hotel

Raj Guru Road , Chuna Mandi , Pahar Ganj , Near New Delhi Station, New Delhi, National Capital Terri
Bless Inn Hotel
HostelBookers.com Hostelworld.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 44% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about New Delhi

Enclosure wallEnclosure wall

FLOWER SELLER CHANDNI CHOWKFLOWER SELLER CHANDNI CHOWK

A splash of color in a secluded lane in Old DelhiA splash of color in a secluded lane in Old Delhi

Recycled bits of Hindu templeRecycled bits of Hindu temple

Velvet Apple Hotel, Delhi

by AlettaCrofton

Can anyone please tell me how far the Velvet Apple Hotel in New Delhi is from the centre of New Delhi (Connaught Place) and what is the best way to get to the city centre - bus/taxi/train or rikshaw? I cannot figure out from the map what the distance is from this hotel. Also, how far is the hotel from Old Delhi? I will appreciate feedback very much!!

Re: Velvet Apple Hotel, Delhi

by lynnehamman

Alletta
The Velvet Apple Hotel is located in South Delhi and is near Nehru Place and about 10 min taxi ride to Connaught Place. Old Delhi is a bit farther away- and I would suggest that you take taxi (if you go to Old Delhi from Connaught Place,) Autorickshaws are fine too provided you ascertain the price before you board one.
Distance is not the problem in Delhi. Its the traffic. So in the very busy peak hours Autorickshaws will always be a good option, because they weave in and out, and the trip will be quicker than a taxi.

Travel Tips for New Delhi

Buy cigarettes

by l_joo

When Andy buy cigarettes, I was with him and I heard the dialogue this way " Do you have Marlboro please? " reply " Do you want original Marlboro or.....? " reply " How much is original and how much is the...ermm not-original? "

maze

by 20011019

A good way to travel around in Delhi is ofcourse by tuc tuc. But as you will find Delhi quite a maze, especially if you have never been there, so do the tuc tuc drivers! If you're not situated in a very luxurious hotel, it can be quite hard for the driver to find it. Another thing you should keep in mind is that a lot of these drivers can't read or write. My tip is to always bring along a card of the hotel and just try to remember where your hotel is!!

The last supper

by l_joo about The last supper

This is the last supper I had in the Paharganj, damn delicious, absolutely local Indian food. I ate this many times and the last night before we depart, I ate again at 11pm, only one peddler at that moment, the rest were closed. The food here is actually fried potatoes and eaten with balck pepper sauce and fresh extract lime juice, oh my Gods, the last supper is best.

Qutub Minar

by apuleuis

I almost skipped this monument, but it was on the tour I took. This might have been my favorite stop in India, for sure in Delhi. I have so many pictures of it, I will have a travelogue for them. It consists of a tower (minar) a started tower, Islamic mosque, Jain temple, tomb and a few other buildings. I didn't have a guide, so wasn't completely sure what I was looking at, but I'm not sure if the 'guides' that approached me when I entered would have been any better. You have to buy your tickets across the street from where you enter. I could have wandered here all day, there is so much detail work on the buildings.

Indian Parliament

by Rupanworld

The Sansad Bhavan is the Parliament of India. It has the President of India and two houses, the lower house, or the Lok Sabha and the upper house, the Rajya Sabha. It is situated on the Sansad Marg. The building is circular in shape and was designed by two British architects, viz., Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker in 1912–1913. However, the construction took place between 1921 and 1927. It is not open to access of tourist. The nearest you can go is upto the road in your car.

Comments