Clark International

5/47, W.E.A., Saraswati Marg, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Capital Territory of Delhi, 110005, India

Hotel Clark International
AMOMA.com CheapTickets.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• fdoamerica's Profile Photo

In Delhi you often get less than what you pay for

I had a 26 hour layover in Delhi, ugh, and I wanted a hotel that was clean, with Wi/Fi where I could crash for the night. This hotel has wi/fi but it is not what the photos portray. The photos that the hotel uses for promotion totally fail to capture what you get at this hotel. Go to Tripadvisor for photos of those who actually stayed here.

This hotel is very old and run down. In the room the ceiling fan is too loud to run and to turn off the lamp next to the bed you have to unscrew the bulb. There are stains on the sheets which show that cleanliness is not part of this manager's mentality. The fuzzy TV works but the remote doesn't .... I hope you are getting the picture.

The words that come to mind are: grimy, tacky and overpriced for what you get. Finally, outside, where the hotel is located, is blighted, noisy and remote.

Conclusion... there has to be better property's for just a night than this.

Unique Quality: Wi/fi

More about Clark International

You get what you pay for (in pounds, dollars & Euros)

by TripAdvisor Member Helen711

As several other visitors have noted, there are very few mid-range priced hotels in India. I am an American and have lived in Bangalore almost two years and find it's low end or Taj properties, all over $150/night with not much choice in between. The Hotel Clark International itself was nice, but was on a narrow side street in an older part of town. I appreciated the pick up service from the airport, even though the plane was over an hour late. The driver tried to hustle me to a travel agency almost immediately, but we needed time to rest because my traveling companion was not feeling well from the flight. After an hour, he took me one minute's walk to Indian Tribal Tours (see my review in Delhi info).
The dining room is on the top-5th- floor, but the very old elevator only goes to the fourth floor, so it's not handicap-friendly. Check in and out was efficient. The buffet breakfast was fine; omelettes could be cooked to order. There is both inside and outside seating. I asked for a quiet room and we were given a small room with no windows. Actually, the A/C unit was in the window. The hotel was a bit pricey for India and what we got, but I'm not going to complain about it.

Acceptable two star hotel

by TripAdvisor Member 1234Bangkok

I stayed at that place twice, with quick and friendly check in. Rooms on both occations were small but rather clean with surprisingly good bed linen. Bathrooms came with working but primitive showers and toilets. Good towels provided and they even had toiletries. Neighborhood is an extremly busy and loud bazaar area with traffic that drives you crazy. Since no taxi driver knows this hotel, suggest you print our the location map from the hotels web side. Personally, I prefered to eat at McDonalds just around the corner, or a Pizza Hut 300 meters away, not really finding the hotel restaurant appealing enough. For cheap internet access and even printers, there is a place right next to the hotel.

excellent hotel. you get very good service, delicious food for a very reasonnab

by TripAdvisor Member wenli

Francoise Wang-Toutain. french nationality the location of the hotel is very convenient. Delhi metro station is a 5 minutes (may be 3) walk and the metro goes directly to Connaught place. The staff is very welcoming and help for finding places where you want to go. the restaurant on the fifth floor gives a view of this part of Delhi with
a large and very clean terrasse The food is very clean and delicious (I mean for a foreigner like me) the room are comfortable (though I had not the most comfortable one). The cleaning is done correctly everyday. the internet is free access. Also on the road to the metro station you have a nice market selling indian clothes and also daily life things. It is opened until 9 o'clock in the evening. It's a nice
place to spend some time. I stayed for ten days in this hotel for I was working In New Delhi. It was nice to come back every evening in a clean and friendly place. I would recommend the hotel for those who do not like the snobbish atmosphere of the great palaces of Delhi but still want good qualities rooms and services.

Beware of being bumped!

by TripAdvisor Member sirjamesp

We booked three rooms in advance for the Clark International - but despite having our bookings confirmed (and our credit cards charged!), on arrival we discovered that the hotel had over-booked itself and were abruptly ushered round the corner to a much lower standard hotel.

Although our booking was with the Clark, we can only review it on the basis of the accomodaiton they supplied us with: the rooms were dull and not clean (a thick layer of dust covered most of the furniture); the bathroom consisted of a shower, an overflowing toilet and a bucket; the ceiling was covered with small flies; the hotel was noisy (children running around and constant unidentified dripping in each room during the whole night); and the breakfast cutlery was not clean.

When we confronted the manager of the Clark International about being moved to inferior accomodation, he claimed that it was due to a business conference, and as a result the cost of our evening meal was waived - but we still left feeling shortchanged and somewhat disappointed with the experience.

The communal areas (including the restaurant) in the Clark seemed of an acceptable standard - the roof terrace is worth a look for the sight of a heaving city.

However, even if we had a cast-iron guarantee of a room at the Clark, we would probably not book there again as the hotel does look rather tired.

Comparatively Impressive

by TripAdvisor Member misskatpark

In general, Delhi is a shaddy place, full of touts and scammers. The Clark is relatively safe, clean, and a good deal for a budget hotel. Our room did not have any windows, but the sheets were incredibly soft and clean; the beds were comfortable, and the airconditioning a blessing. The hotel is also near a local night market and only five minutes from the Karol Bagh metro. Do not trust the hotel tour guide! He brought us to his office and pretended to call the train station for tickets. He lied about the seat availabilty, luring us to his expensive car rides. Rather, check with ABC (?) travels, which is on the corner of the hotel block. In all, the hotel was a decent stay, and I would definitely recommend it to a friend.

Great buy off season

by TripAdvisor Member jcravens

I picked the Clark based on reviews on Trip Advisor. Got a good deal through hotels.com and then hoped that I had made the right choice. It was. My pal and I had a terrific room in a not-so-full hotel, for an off-season price that made my friends' jaws drop (people always tell me Delhi doesn't have mid-range hotels -- apparently, we found the only one). Our two-bed room was very clean, we had air conditioning, a fridge, ceiling fan, cable TV, nice bathroom, and a very nice staff happy to help. It was as quiet as can be expected (for *Delhi*). The staff recommended a travel company nearby to rent a car & driver for a day, and the driver took us to a fantastic shop for clothes, then to a beauty parlor near the hotel to get a very reasonably-priced manicure and pedicure. The second day, when we told the staff where we wanted to go, they recommended we take the metro, which isn't too far away by walking, and is a terrific way to get around. There is some shopping not too far away from the hotel -- shoe stores are good, but the clothing stores weren't so great. There aren't really restaurants around, so you will have to rent a car/driver for that (room service is decent at the hotel). I found the hotel a great respite at the end of each day. Will definitely stay again.

Better than expected

by TripAdvisor Member pav21

For our arrival in Delhi my partner and I were looking for a clean but basic hotel at which to spend our first night. After reading reviews for other hotel in the sprawling city we decided upon the Clark International.

As promised the hotel duly provided the complimentary pick up from IGA as promised. Although we were informed by email before we arrived that as we were to arrive at 0800 we would not be able to check-in until 1200, this was not the case. The hotel was able to accommodate us immediately, which after a long journey was greatly appreciated.

The room was basic but spotlessly clean with a working air cooler (rather that air conditioning) which was noisy but apply drowned out the street noise below.

As anticipated we were offered trips, booked through the hotels' travel agency, but when we declined their offer there was no 'hard sell', unlike a lot of India.

The hotel is not centrally located but is a short five minute walk from the efficient New Delhi Metro.

Not a bad deal for the location and facilities

by TripAdvisor Member UNNIMAYA

The hotel is centrally located in the Karol bagh area and close to Metro station . The facilities are clean and maintained reasonaby well .The complementary breakfast is good . The negatives - the surrounding areas are not too good , but you cannot have a central location like Karol bagh and peace together. They provided complimentary pick up from airport (because it was free the driver did not run AC and we did not particularly insist although it was hot) . The reception staff was also helpful in arranging early morning taxi drop off to Nizammudin Rly station.

Overall a good value for money proposition and above average clean facilities in a central location.

Comments