Crowne Plaza New Delhi

New Friends Colony, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi, 110065, India

The Suryaa New Delhi
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Agoda.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 70% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• jag_hond's Profile Photo

The chinese

i have visited this hotel for a dinner once for a private party. CAn only say that i really liked the chinese. it being a private affair, i cant comment on the ambience. but the service was decent too.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Good for a night.

I am mixed on this hotel. It is a good hotel. The lobby is nice. But I have been a bit put off by the service I've gotten. I have been in three rooms on the 1st floor tonight. Trying to get a signal for the internet. While they will only offer me smoking rooms while the hotel is nearly empty. I have become very used to being taken care of in hotels and realize now that I will pay more to stay where I will be than deal with bad service. The front desk was poorly manned when I checked in and was interrupted five times during the process by the phone.

Unique Quality: The bar/restaurant upstairs on the 8th floor is great. Rocking rooftop with nice views. Well worth the trip up.

• feeni's Profile Photo

Comfortable Hotel

Beautiful lobby area. Very impresive.
    Rooms were spacious, modern and clean and all have good views.
    Breakfast has good selection of Western and Eastern cuisine.
    Pool only has six sunbeds! so hurry if you want to chill out after a long flight.

Unique Quality: The "Sampan" restaurant on the 7th floor has good views over the city and the food is excellent. Also has a very good live band from 8pm.

More about Crowne Plaza New Delhi

Excellent hotel, no complaints

by TripAdvisor Member griseldis

I spent 1 night at the Crowne Plaza Delhi and found the hotel in excellent condition. The double bedroom was large enough to move without problems, big bed with excellent mattress, clean sheets, room equipped with desk+chair, sideboard, armchair with table, flat-screen tv. Bathroom was, like the bedroom, spotlessly clean, no mold anywhere, great Ayurveda toiletries. Breakfast buffet offered breakfast for Asian and Western tastes (currries etc. but also bread, butter, marmelade...) Really no complaints (which you might expect from a 5-star hotel). When in Delhi I would come back to the Crowne Plaza any time.

Clean & Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Waterford-TRIP

Some of the rooms are a bit dated decor-wise but I believe the hotel is in the process of under going a make over. At present I would rate it as a 4* property. The bed was really comfortable & we had no problems getting a good nights sleep. The lobby/reception area is most welcoming & the restaurants serve a wide variety of food.
The hotel is located on the outskirts of the centre of Delhi, but as it is such a vast metropolis I would not make location an issue.

Super stay

by TripAdvisor Member KMDRH

I stayed at this hotel as part of a tour. The hotel was in my opinion excellent. The restaurants were good and breakfast was excellent. The hotel entrance was wonderful and the rooms as one would expect from a four star hotel. Enjoy your stay

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ana33

Stayed there for a week, everything is nice and clean. The hotel has a nice outdoors pool and a big plus, if to avoid shopping in the center, it hosts a lot of shops selling stuff at the same prize like outside, it only needs some negotiations (like everywhere in India). The hotel has its own travelling counter, which is way too expensive, but the reception can be very helpful to book anything from outside. Don't be surprised, some of the receptionists speak/understand hardly any English, others do. The hotel is not closed to the center, but you can hire a 3 wheeled car, a tuc tuc, for 100 rupeehs per hour (don't pay more!). Transfer by local taxi to the International airport is 350 rupeehs and takes about 45min. I really recommend the location.
Ana, Switzerland

Very mediocre but expensive hotel

by TripAdvisor Member iamsavvytraveler

Everything at the Crowne Plaza is mediocre. From the food to the rather tacky room decor to the service. The rates are rather expensive and you could stay at a much better property for the same price. I was upgraded to the Premiere Club floor but was unable to partake of the amenities and perks. I was told that I was not able to use the Club as I was upgraded. I checked and it is indeed the policy of the hotel that upgrades to the Club Floors are not welcome or able to use the Club floor facilities. I complained and explained that it is like being upgraded to a First Class seat on a flight, but not being able to have the food, service or amenities of it; being welcome to use the seat only. They gave in and told me that I could use the Club floor facilities but I felt very unwelcome and like a charity case. I booked a very expensive auyervedic massage in the spa. The spa is nothing fancy but does have a large & interesting menu of auyervedic massages. My 1 hour massage was a nightmare due to the construction going on 1 floor above. I listened to pounding and jackhammers the entire time. I obviously was unable to relax and enjoy the massage and ended up more tense than before the massage. I complained and was given an apology about the construction. They did not offer to give me another massage gratis or even give me a discount. You can get much better service, decor, food and quality for the same price at many other Delhi hotels.

An Excellent Stay at the Surya

by TripAdvisor Member Picky_Gal_Cal

We were in Delhi twice in December, and the first time we stayed at the Taj Palace, you can see my review on its hotel page, and the second time we stayed at the Surya, the reason being, one of our local friends recommended it. While the hotel itself isn't as luxurious as the Taj Palace, the service is still pretty good. We had a regular room booked, but since we had a lot of luggage we mentioned that we needed a bit more space so we were upgraded to a suite for free, which was great!

The suite had more than enough room, and some great features, for example, we were able to turn the shower on from the phone next to the bed, so it was nice and hot when we got in there.

The location of this hotel is also excellent (much better than the Taj Palace) it is within walking distance of some great resturants, both Indian and Non-Indian, Ego Thai which is nearby was great and some of the best thai food I have had from around the world. The hotel also has a club, which wasn't that happening, but played some good music.

Overall, this hotel isn't as luxurious as the Taj Palace in Delhi in terms of service, food, and comfort, but its still pretty excellent, I found them slightly more accomdating, and our suite was bigger than the one we had at the Taj Palace. More importantly, the location is fabulous, you can't go wrong with either hotel.

Under renovation, but still enjoyed stay

by TripAdvisor Member mikeuk1983

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 6 weeks while on a business trip. Hotel was clean and staff friendly. Overall an excellent hotel and will be even better once renovation works are all completed, unfortunately this did mean loud noise/banging sometimes but staff always helpful and apologetic and did move me to a quieter room when possible. Nice pool area and choice of restaurants but the 24hr cafe did get a little boring as it was the only place open after work due to working to fit in with UK time.

Comments